The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

World’s Most Precise Clocks Could Reveal Universe Is a Hologram Options
Guillermo
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 2:02:46 PM

Groups: Member

"Our existence could be coded in a finite bandwidth, like a live ultra-high-definition 3-D video. And the third dimension we know and love could be no more than a holographic projection of a 2-D surface"

“We could be living inside that 3-D projection, with the truer vision of it as a 2-D sheet hidden by scale"

http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/breaking/2010/10/20/fermilab-scientists-to-test-hypothesis-of-holographic-universe/

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
Tracy
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 2:46:19 PM

RedDog
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 5:31:04 PM

It now strikes me as funny that these big brained people, at these prestigious Universities and labs are attempting to find the answer to the puzzle of this reality, by creating tools based upon an incomplete dataset.
They interpret the existing data and rehash it into their bias theories, spend billions building newer instruments to dissect the energy they see, into smaller and smaller pieces, never considering
the whole picture.
If they actually postulate that we are in a holographic universe, then how the heck can holocharacters who created holotools probe the bounderies of this HoloUniverse?
It defies logic. They will find what ever the programming is set up to show them. They won't find the truth.
Guillermo
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 8:28:10 PM

RedDog wrote:
If they actually postulate that we are in a holographic universe, then how the heck can holocharacters who created holotools probe the bounderies of this HoloUniverse?
It defies logic. They will find what ever the programming is set up to show them. They won't find the truth.

I agree with you, I also think that the GameMaster will only allow us to see what he wants us to see.

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
jim
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 9:07:32 PM

Yeah, that was an interesting post.

Discovery.com took that story, rehashed the GEO600 discovery, and elaborated on it here...

http://news.discovery.com/space/are-we-living-in-a-hologram.html
(notice I made the 3rd comment on it)

I think I have a slightly different take on it.

RedDog wrote:
They will find what ever the programming is set up to show them

Absolutely true. But what if the program is leading us along, giving us tantalizing hints of the true nature of reality? Maybe they want us to get to the next "level" before revealing something significant. Wouldn't we still want to take the bait and get that one step closer to the truth? Wouldn't a discovery that we lived in a digitized universe still be worth pursuing? Even if it were not the truth, I'm not sure what the value would be in not investigating.
RedDog
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:07:22 PM

jim wrote:
Yeah, that was an interesting post.

Discovery.com took that story, rehashed the GEO600 discovery, and elaborated on it here...

http://news.discovery.com/space/are-we-living-in-a-hologram.html
(notice I made the 3rd comment on it)

I think I have a slightly different take on it.

RedDog wrote:
They will find what ever the programming is set up to show them

Absolutely true. But what if the program is leading us along, giving us tantalizing hints of the true nature of reality? Maybe they want us to get to the next "level" before revealing something significant. Wouldn't we still want to take the bait and get that one step closer to the truth? Wouldn't a discovery that we lived in a digitized universe still be worth pursuing? Even if it were not the truth, I'm not sure what the value would be in not investigating.

Sorry Jim, I did not mean to imply that one should not investigate, only that one should try and investigate using the 3rd or 4th person perspective.
Anything found from our perspective will be colored with limits and deception designed into the system. If we are holo characters that have a foot in both
this reality and the greater reality we came from, then our investigations should be geared toward the latter, not the former.
jim
Posted: Monday, November 1, 2010 7:37:46 AM

Makes sense, RedDog. Sorry for any misunderstanding. :)