The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Things That We Can Never Comprehend Options
jim
Posted: Monday, June 6, 2011 6:48:33 PM

Groups: Member

Latest blog post is on the idea that there are probably concepts that our brains are simply incapable of understanding. Any thoughts on the topic?

http://blog.theuniversesolved.com/2011/06/06/things-we-can-never-comprehend/
ebb101
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:57:43 AM

It makes sense to me.I don't think they will always be impossible to understand. The basis for transcendence is the idea that there will always be challenges to mull and puzzles to solve. As Walt Whitman says: "And my Spirit said: No, we but level that lift, to pass and continue beyond!"
TheArchitect
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:54:02 AM

Hey Jim,

I have discussed this possibility with several of my colleagues over the last several years. I personally believe that there are many properties of the universe that humans may not be able to fully comprehend. However that does not necessarily mean humans cannot build a mathematical model completely explaining the universe. I guess it would depend on your definition of understanding.

As an example of what I mean...take a look at the compacted extra dimensions required by string theory or the more recent variation calling itself M-theory. This perfectly illustrates the human inability to comprehend extra dimensions that we can easily calculate.

Take a quick look at the dekeract. It looks like something you would see on a tie-dye t-shirt at woodstock. If M-theory is incorrect and with some chemical assistance... woodstock may be the only place to see a dekeract.

-TheArchitect