The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Is the World-Wide-Web located inside your computer? Options
Peter
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:02:59 AM

Groups: Member

Hi,

as long science is still stuck in this old paradigm of materialistic worldview there will be no advancement. Most scientist still believe that the mind is located inside the brain.

Think about this: Is the World-Wide-Web located inside your computer?

The brain is so much more than an advanced bio-computer. It's an interface that is able to communicate with an immaterial consciousness. The point is that the consciousness is not located, it's part of a continuum without dimensional size. It's our consciousness that is the fundament of reality, space and time. This kind of worldview is called "biocentrism", life creates the universe instead the other way around. Time is created in order to be able to perceive changes and because consciousness itself is a kind of fractal the time behaves also like a fractal (quantum entanglement between time).

What do you think?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:38:36 AM

Hi Peter

You're absolutely correct about most scientists being stuck in their old ways. It's as if some are living in the past when classical (Newtonian) physics dominated the mainstream. I get the feeling that they don't like ideas such as quantum entanglement, quantum uncertainty, biocentrism, etc, because it disrupts their cosy little worlds. They crave rationality, logic, a TOE (theory of everything). They need to start opening their minds up more, because the universe appears far stranger than anybody previously thought.

Biocentrism is a great theory, but who is really shaping our reality- is it me? (solipsism, egocentrism,), is it God, is it the programmer of the universe, is it a select group of people (Illuminati?), governments, A.I., alien civilisation, or is it a mass consciousness effort where everybody on the planet has an influence?

I really like this post, Peter, cheers!

Peter
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:59:27 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Biocentrism is a great theory, but who is really shaping our reality- is it me? (solipsism, egocentrism,), is it God, is it the programmer of the universe, is it a select group of people (Illuminati?), governments, A.I., alien civilisation, or is it a mass consciousness effort where everybody on the planet has an influence?

This is a good question!

I believe that everyone of us is able to create his own reality, but only the reality that is based on Truth can continue to exist. For example I build a house and I need some mathematics in order to plan and construct this building. Naturally I can define that 1 + 1 = 3 or 1 + 1 = 2,001 ... no problem. But at the moment that I try to apply my own definition of reality things can go wrong. So everybody of us can create his own reality, but can it survive the proof of time?

For example this universe: It's wonderful and perfect. Everywhere we see perfect relations like the Golden Ration (Phi, 1,618...) and things works perfectly together. But comparing it to the worlds that humans creates we can observe such an huge imperfection. So who created this universe and who should define the standards like 1 + 1 = ? ...

You see, I like metaphysics.
TheArchitect
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 12:17:00 AM

Peter,

You are probably right that many scholars and established scientists/researchers struggle with understanding some of the quantum mechanical wierdness and how to interpret and relate these concepts to us in the the newtonian realm of the large. Consciousness is a difficult subject that nobody completely understands.

I have noticed that some of the greatest advancements in science occur when ideas and information from two completely different fields of science merge. I have been following some of the ideas coming from Stuart Hameroff with a keen interest. Although he could be wrong about some of the details... I suspect the basic idea of the brain utilizing entanglement and quantum computations is based in truth.

I read The Holographic Universe back sometime around 1997 and still have a copy with the original ugly cover. Although the book delves into subjects I am personally uncomfortable with considering... my computer science backgound includes computer algorithms utilizing fourier transformations. It is hard to explain exactly why... but I knew there was something about the work of David Bohm and Karl Pribram that might explain certain functions of the brain and nervous system. I just knew the basic ideas behind their model was important.

Unfortunately Neurology/Biology is completely outside my area of research so I get completely lost in the medical nomenclature. However the mathematics I do understand... and I find it absolutely facinating that some of the functions of the human body such as vision can be very accurately described with gabor wavelets. These are the same types of algorithms we use in computer science to build software that can 'see' and recognize patterns.

Some final summarized random thoughts and questions:

1.) A quantum based consciousness might be able to send/recieve information newtonian-long-distance via entanglement. Where does consciousness reside? Is it within or outside the human body?
2.) It should be possible to build machines with visual/auditory/somatosensory computer based systems. We already have high level technology in each category. The only thing missing would be consciousness... but what is consciousness? Can we build consciousness? Will consciousness emerge all by itself?
3.) If it was confirmed that consciousness existed outside of the physical human body... then what exactly is the physical universe?

-TheArchitect

P.S.
We just spoiled the cosmology forum with our off-topic bantor. But who cares... cosmology is boring and nothing interesting ever happpens in that field with the exception of WMAP.
Peter
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 5:59:11 AM

TheArchitect wrote:
P.S.
We just spoiled the cosmology forum with our off-topic bantor. But who cares... cosmology is boring and nothing interesting ever happpens in that field with the exception of WMAP.

I don't think that we are gone off-topic. If consciousness is the fundament of all, then the modern cosmologist would study first consciousness before he would start to look through a telescope.
jim
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 2:50:50 PM

TheArchitect wrote:
my computer science backgound includes computer algorithms utilizing fourier transformations. It is hard to explain exactly why... but I knew there was something about the work of David Bohm and Karl Pribram that might explain certain functions of the brain and nervous system.

Very cool that you wrote this, TheArchitect. My Master's project was a microprocessor-based system that performed real time FFT's on atmospheric data for spectral analysis. The system flew in a high altitude weather balloon through thunderstorms and compressed the data to match the allow telemetry rate. It was the first of its kind in 1981. So I also read with considerable interest some of Bohm and Pribram's ideas as applied to reality in The Holographic Universe. Could our reality in the time domain be a transformation of data stored in the frequency domain?

Or maybe the transformation is not F->T, but something far more complex, so far beyond our comprehension that we can't see it, or its patterns?

A few random thoughts on your questions...

TheArchitect wrote:
1.) A quantum based consciousness might be able to send/recieve information newtonian-long-distance via entanglement. Where does consciousness reside? Is it within or outside the human body?
2.) It should be possible to build machines with visual/auditory/somatosensory computer based systems. We already have high level technology in each category. The only thing missing would be consciousness... but what is consciousness? Can we build consciousness? Will consciousness emerge all by itself?

Seems to me that if you set aside traditional science biases and consider the data itself, the overwhelming evidence is that consciousness continues after death (Pim van Lommel's research on NDEs, Brian Weiss' research on past life regressions, etc.) While what we think of as consciousness probably needs a sufficiently complex neurological system and sensory processing, that alone probably isn't enough to create consciousness. Otherwise, one would have to argue that the "level" of consciousness is a continuum and therefore it exists even in the most basic system containing memory and logic processing. Therefore, a bit of memory and a couple NAND gates are conscious? But then, you have to acknowledge that processing in silicon or wetware wouldn't have to be the only way to do it. Would anybody really think that a mechanical device that carries out logic and memory made out of LEGOs would be conscious?

TheArchitect wrote:
3.) If it was confirmed that consciousness existed outside of the physical human body... then what exactly is the physical universe?

Maybe that would make the physical universe the emergent property, rather than the other way around?