The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Problem with the Parallel Universe Theory Options
Peter
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 6:10:54 AM

Groups: Member

I got a problem: I cannot believe in the Parallel Universe Theory because I cannot imagine that something could originate from nothing.

Where does all the energy come from when a universe split into two versions?

So, and when the universe is a programmed reality, who is responsible for the endless deployments of the copies in the data processing center?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 12:05:05 PM

Maybe most other universes are simulated realities running on hyper-computer(s). This is what Nick Bostrom's simulation argument appears to conclude.

The laws of physics may be radically different outside of our universe (in hyper space or beyond the multiverse) that ideas we think of as illogical, impossible may actually be feasible. Mass-energy maybe really does come from nothing.

Also, in another thread I discussed the idea that God must 100% exist if there are an infinite number of other realities (universes), because when dealing with infinities anything that can happen will happen an infinite number of times. Anything is possible.

If the (infinite) multiverse idea is correct then I thought we should see entities tunnelling through into our universe. We should observe all kinds of weird intelligences, but we don't. This to me is very strange. We don't even observe other intelligent civilisations in our own universe! Maybe we truly are special and unique.

I'm more convinced now that we may be completely alone (in our universe), because the universe seems to be in our control (biocentrism again) and it appears that we humans will be the ones responsible for it's ultimate destiny- THE OMEGA POINT!!

jim
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 6:18:48 PM

Interesting take on the Everett interpretation of QM, Peter. I have never before heard anyone explain away the apparent violation of the law of conservation of energy before, but I suspect there would be a lot of hand waving and mumbling something about how it doesn't apply in Hilbert Space.

With respect to the programmed reality point of view, there would be no need for all of those parallel universes. That theory was postulated to get around the messiness of the wavefunction collapse and some of the paradoxes that arise from that (Copenhagen) interpretation. However, if reality is under programmed control, the wavefunction could simply be some data structure (like a probability distribution table) that defines the likelihood of the outcome. The observer effect could be due to the fact that the Program is aware of all observational intent. There would really be no need for the forking of universes. Check out the links in this blog post for more on how the programmed reality model solves a lot of QM anomalies.

But I also like EKUMA1981's idea that "the laws of physics may be radically different outside of our universe." Clearly the context of the Program is outside of our observational world, so it can behave under different rules that our reality does. This was alluded to in the "Rebooting the Cosmos: Is the Universe the Ultimate Computer?" panel discussion that we discussed in this forum topic. Ed Fredkin made a similar comment when he noted that "The place where the computer exists doesn't have to have beginnings and endings."

Great discussion!
Peter
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:16:11 AM

jim wrote:
With respect to the programmed reality point of view, there would be no need for all of those parallel universes. That theory was postulated to get around the messiness of the wavefunction collapse and some of the paradoxes that arise from that (Copenhagen) interpretation.

The resistance created against a paradigm shift is due the fear of the materialistic science establishment to loose their preeminence. They behave like a dictatorship in science, commanding to others what they should believe and what not. Their fear manifest in a dogmatic behaving, controlling, debunking, spreading misinformation, hiding facts and so on. Naturally there is no conspiracy behind all this, I don't believe in such a thing, but for sure there is a dogmatic spirit influencing the establishment.

Parallel Universes, Dark Energy, Dark Matter, ... all evident lacks in the knowledge of materialistic science. They have already reached their borders of knowledge, the edge of their own set limits. This is also the reason why they invest billions in huge particle accelerators. If the materialistic scientist would accept the true implications of the fact that consciousness is the fundament of everything, than they would also need to accept that there is a God and spiritual beings, and whatever they do ... someone still observe them and they are not anymore the "gods" of science, but just some looser playing with science.

Because materialistic scientists are interconnected with the materialistic society, the resistance against the paradigm shift derives for the most part from the society as a whole or as a collective.

I mean, for me the question "why do they not accept some aspects of QM" is more important than the question "how does this Universe work". Why? Because I believe that every person creates his own reality and the intersection of all individual realities together forms the world. Changing the world view of every individual would change the world.