The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Injecting Artificial Memories Options
jim
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:33:16 PM

Groups: Member

We know it is coming.

Here is another step.

USC scientists successfully develop a system that implants artificial memories in rats:

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thinking-tech/the-matrix-reality-scientists-successfully-implant-artificial-memory-system/7436

EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:01:32 PM

These devices will be great when made available to the public, but I still believe there might be easier ways to achieve similar results in humans. Hypnosis, channelling, downloading from the cosmic computer via the pineal gland, etc.

Also, Ray Kurzweil talks about mind sharing/merging in the future. Don't humans already possess this ability- telepathy? There's another phenomenon- clairsentience (something I might have myself).
Techne
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:51:04 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
These devices will be great when made available to the public, but I still believe there might be easier ways to achieve similar results in humans. Hypnosis, channelling, downloading from the cosmic computer via the pineal gland, etc.

Also, Ray Kurzweil talks about mind sharing/merging in the future. Don't humans already possess this ability- telepathy? There's another phenomenon- clairsentience (something I might have myself).

I like where you going with possibly easier ways already in place. Hypnosis was a great example.
Telepathy I think everyone has, but most are not aware of it, or just have never worked that muscle. And like most muscles that aren't work they tend to decay.

Personally when I read this article I can't help but think of problems that might pop up. Right off the bat, lets say we start loading into someone all this information. There is only so much that can be thought about or used at any given time. Our brains already do a great job of filtering out for us. I'm not sure some guy with a huge library in his head is going to help him much. I believe he would tend torwards being autistic. Excuse me if I picked the wrong example for the debilitating aspect.

Also, other then uses for Alzheimer's, this to me seems to much like american ideals. Meaning, it stinks of instant gratification. No work with huge "gains". Even the example used : download kung fu like the matrix : That sounds cool yeah, but are we forgetting that a lot of kung fu is meant to help control the mind and body. It's not all about being able to kick ass. It's about cultivating a sound mind and body relationship. The process is as important as the end result, if not more so.

EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:28:52 AM

Glad you mentioned Autism as this condition is very mysterious. Prodigious Savantism is even more strange where certain people are born with a special gift. Where do their special talents/inspirations really come from? Are they channelling? Is it implanted in them by an external intelligence?

Multiple Personality Disorder is another weird condition. How can somebody run 20-50 independent personalities on their brains. Some can even (consciously) switch between personalities. It's as if they are loading up these other minds onto their consciousnesses.

Of course conventional neuroscientists would probably never consider these alternative explanations. They are stuck with an old mind-set. I also watched The Royal Institution Xmas Lectures on BBC4 about the human brain. Bruce Hood (Psychologist) said there are, "no such thing as psychic powers". With this level of closed-mindedness it's no wonder so little progress is made in this area.

I think one of the reasons I am so open-minded is because of clairsentience or something similar. I only have to watch a documentary on science or theology (or anything else) and I feel intimately connected to the subject and other researchers minds. It also works when I see people in a state of revelation or ecstasy. I kinda feel what they feel. It's pretty cool. I'm gonna have to experiment with this more.