The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Buckyballs Options
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:54:56 AM
Groups: Member

Is anyone familiar with them? I don't have any, but I did purchase some for a niece and she is addicted. I want to get some of course. If you don't know what I'm talking about

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/buckyballs-rare-earth-magnetic-toy.cfm

But I do have some bigger balls (no pun intended) that are rare earth magnets and they are very addicting.

Long story short, as you play with them you realize they are spherical but do seem to carry a north and south pole like the earth so they do attract and repel depending on how they are aligned. It can make forms and then it seems to will automatically realign to fit certain forms.

But as I play with them at my desk at work, making their clacking noise and driving my co-workers crazy I created a ROW of them 2 x 10. I realize that some of them are reluctant to stick together but if forced they will.

OOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO

__OO
OO OOOOOOO
OO OOOOOOO
__OO

If I collapse the 4 or so that are separated to get everything back in line this is what happens.

_______OO
OOOOOO OO
OOOOOO OO
_______OO

So as I collapse it, the effect is that elsewhere further down the chain it will move outward. If I collapse them at both sides they will stay.

I'm sure there is an explanation for it. But to me, this sort of demonstrates the whole "Spooky action at a distance" thing.

I physically did not touch the balls on the other end of the chain but by collapsing # 3 and 4, even slowly the # 7 and 8 will move inward and outward via magnetic field. I know if I were to make a very very large chain the effect would not be the same because of the strength of the magnetic field.

But what if we were using energies that were vastly more powerful than a small magnetic field? So what you are seeing inherent in nature is that even though we take action in one particular area, there can be an effect somewhere else distant to the point of action.

Maybe these particles popping in and out of reality are not as "random" as we thought and are part of the effect of other actions as much further distances or dimensions. Could it be like the 2 beings seeing the sphere passing through its plane of existence?

Just an idea I'm toying with. Its been 25 years or so since I've had a physics class so I try to try and grasp the simplest possible solutions. They always tend to be correct.

RogerV
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:22:02 AM

Hi LoneCrowe - welcome to the forum. Have loved your post as you've been checking the site out.

So are you posing your experiments with these buckyballs as purely an analogy to quantum effects such as spooky action at a distance entanglement?

Just clarifying as there is supposedly no medium of force (ala magnetic fields) involved in entanglement. It is instantaneous (or at least appears to be to the extent of how fine grained experiments are able to slice time). Which indicates there is no medium of transmission of the effect in space/time.

So taking the point of view that reality is a software simulation (i.e., the general theme of Jim's site here), entanglement would appear to indicate that the apparent geometry of space/time is pure illusion - a sort of emergent characteristic that the simulation provides to our conscious perception of reality.

As the "clock" of the simulation drives the simulation, any state changes might appear from one clock tick to the next (Planck's constant as per time resolution) that from our perspective of consciously "inhabiting" the simulation, is apparently instanteneous.

I like to think of the universe sort of operating like Conway's Game of Life - am using an analogy here too :-). That game has a definite clock tick and there is a calculation of new state based on the simple rules of the celluar automata, then there is a rendering phase based on that outcome of information processing. Then it repeats. One could conceivably make a custom version of the Game of Life that could illustrate non-locality or entanglement.

I also see this as an avenue for arguing that reality is a software simulation on account there is a rational approach by which to explain phenomena such as entanglement, where as from there point of view of Materialism, entanglement is a magical enigma.
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:35:11 AM

RogerV wrote:
Hi LoneCrowe - welcome to the forum. Have loved your post as you've been checking the site out.

So are you posing your experiments with these buckyballs as purely an analogy to quantum effects such as spooky action at a distance entanglement?

Just clarifying as there is supposedly no medium of force (ala magnetic fields) involved in entanglement. It is instantaneous (or at least appears to be to the extent of how fine grained experiments are able to slice time). Which indicates there is no medium of transmission of the effect in space/time.

So taking the point of view that reality is a software simulation (i.e., the general theme of Jim's site here), entanglement would appear to indicate that the apparent geometry of space/time is pure illusion - a sort of emergent characteristic that the simulation provides to our conscious perception of reality.

As the "clock" of the simulation drives the simulation, any state changes might appear from one clock tick to the next (Planck's constant as per time resolution) that from our perspective of consciously "inhabiting" the simulation, is apparently instantaneous.

I like to think of the universe sort of operating like Conway's Game of Life - am using an analogy here too :-). That game has a definite clock tick and there is a calculation of new state based on the simple rules of the celluar automata, then there is a rendering phase based on that outcome of information processing. Then it repeats. One could conceivably make a custom version of the Game of Life that could illustrate non-locality or entanglement.

I also see this as an avenue for arguing that reality is a software simulation on account there is a rational approach by which to explain phenomena such as entanglement, where as from there point of view of Materialism, entanglement is a magical enigma.

Great thanks for the reply. I am no physicist so I'll try to speak your language. I'm just airing out thoughts to be scrutinized. There really is no point. The medium in the case of the buckyballs is the magnetic field - correct. I'm just insinuating that virtual particles, and quantum physics are unable to describe the medium "yet" but there could absolutely be one outside of our dimensional view. As I said about the 2d beings in Jim's book seeing the sphere coming through the paper. Lke the computers outside the walls of the truman show that run the simulation.

I've also considered that the motion and appearance/disappearance of these virtual particles although entangled, could be like a binary computer's way at the fundamental level of manifesting itself. Think of it like this - if it is gone it is a 0 if it appears for a certain period of time it is 1. Maybe it is not as random as we thought? The medium is the hidden circuit boards (although obviously something more complex then that) that are putting the 1's and 0's into action. That hidden force that is driving the universe.

In religion it has always been considered the "Word" of god that creates. Words carry vibration and force and maybe it is at a vibrational scale beyond our ability to comprehend or measure?

Just some food for thought. I agree it could be an illusion, but the question is who or what is behind the curtain and how do we lift it?