The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Movies and Lucid Dreaming Options
Peter
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:29:24 AM

Groups: Member

Hello,

let me introduce myself: My name is Peter.

I read with great interest the blog-post of Jim "Deciphering Hollywood’s Hidden Messages" and I must admit I instantly felt here at home, because while I read the article it was like as Jim wrote my not expressed thoughts.

Most of the movies mentioned in that post seems to forming a red line, from movies where one discovers that the reality is a matrix and tries to escape from it and the difficulties to cope with the new reality, then living in alternative realities, realities that are created in the own mind and that seems to blend with the consensus reality. It seems that the collective consciousness is awakening or at least questioning the nature of this kind of reality, like someone is dreaming and suddenly becomes aware that he is dreaming.

Quote:
Show me the exact order of movies and stories that someone has experienced over the course of their life, I’ll show you that person’s destiny and the challenges and successes they had on their path towards achieving it.

I would like to create a here a personal list of movies that could deliver some stuff for some interesting conversation about the ... "destiny and the challenges and successes".
Maybe you can also post your list. Would be nice to see what is already in your mind ;)

Peter's List:
- Altered States (1980)
- Blade Runner (1982)
- Tron (1982)
- Brainstorm (1983)
- Dreamscape (1984)
- The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)
- They Live (1988)
- Akira (1988)
- Total Recall - (1990)
- Jacob's Ladder (1990)
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
- Virtuosity (1995)
- Dark City (1998)
- Pi (1998)
- Matrix (1999)
- The Thirteenth Floor (1999)
- eXistenZ (1999)
- Fight Club (1999)
- The Cell (2000)
- Frequency (2000)
- Memento (2000)
- The One (2001)
- Donnie Darko (2001)
- Vanilla Sky (2001)
- Solaris (2002)
- Equilibrium (2002)
- Minority Report (2002)
- The Time Machine (2002)
- Timeline (2003)
- Matrix Reloaded (2003)
- Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- Animatrix (2003)
- Identity (2003)
- Dreamcatcher (2003)
- I, Robot (2004)
- The Machinist (2004)
- The Forgotten (2004)
- Butterfly Effect (2004)
- A Scanner darkly (2006)
- Deja Vu (2006)
- Paprika (2006)
- Next (2007)
- Push (2009)
- Surrogates (2009)
- Inception (2010)
- TRON: Legacy (2010)
- Limitless (2011)
- Source Code (2011)
TheArchitect
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:03:20 AM

Hey Peter,

Great list of movies there. I have watched every one that you listed. It is absolutely amazing how Tron was so far ahead of the times. I was using a Commodore 64 around that time and playing a dungeon crawler called Rogue. Virtual reality was not even on my mind yet. There were no 3D games back then... not only did the video hardware not support it... but even the B-Spline concepts in computer science required to simulate 3D space had not become mature.

Of the ones you have listed my favorites are:
Tron
The Thirteenth Floor
Matrix Trilogy
Vanilla Sky
Surrogates
Tron Legacy
Source Code

I see that you did not list The Adjustment Bureau which is also one of my favorites.

-TheArchitect
jim
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:58:06 PM

Peter wrote:
I read with great interest the blog-post of Jim "Deciphering Hollywood’s Hidden Messages"

Hello Peter,

First of all, let me say that it is great to have you in the forum. From your first few posts, it is clear that you belong here! By the way, from what part of Germany do you hail? I spent a couple years in Munich many years ago!

Next, I have to note that the blog post "Deciphering Hollywood’s Hidden Messages" was not mine. One of our guest bloggers, Marc Oromaner, aka "thelayman" is an excellent writer and the author of this particular post.

I have also wondered about the progression of alternative reality themes in Hollywood movies. Are they reflecting public consciousness or creating it? Now, living just a few miles from Hollywood, I am discovering the interplay between pop culture, web memes, and sci-fi screenplays and wonder if some of the ideas discussed in this forum should be a part of it all!
Peter
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:35:05 AM

Hello Jim and TheArchitect,

thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
I see that you did not list The Adjustment Bureau which is also one of my favorites.

It's on my ToDo-List ;)

Quote:
By the way, from what part of Germany do you hail? I spent a couple years in Munich many years ago!

I live in Stuttgart, 2 hours from Munich.

Quote:
I have also wondered about the progression of alternative reality themes in Hollywood movies. Are they reflecting public consciousness or creating it?

Some time ago I thought that behind all this could be a kind of conspiracy, but now it seems more and more to originate from the deep collective subconscious. Humanity is feeling that something will happen (The Happening), that an Awakening (Matrix) will occur and that the veil of illusion will fall, revealing what is behind this reality (13th Floor). Filmmakers are only humans that receives their inspiration (in-spirit) from this collective field (akashic-record).
Intangir
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:36:51 AM

This was a fantastic list of great movies

i just found it and signed up for the forum to tell you this ;)

sorry if im dragging up old threads but its a great list of movies heheh

a few others you might like:

- Mr. Destiny (1990)
- Groundhog Day (1993)
- Family Man (2000)
- Shallow Hal (2001)
- Click (2006)
- Stranger than Fiction (2006)

Intangir
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 9:06:29 PM

- What Dreams May Come
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:51:54 AM

Hello Intangir and welcome to the forum. That's an intriguing list of movies you've listed there. I'll have to research them soon.