The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

war with aliens? Options
LadyBe
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:20:11 PM
Groups: Member

I probably should post this under the thingy for U.F.O.'s etc. but thought maybe this might be a good topic starter under
the General heading...I saw on some web site the other night a book written by some very well qualified people about
warfare and weapons etc. against an alien invasion if it ever came to that. I bet that would be interesting reading! In so far
as I can tell I don't think we have any weapons that pose too much of a threat to aliens myself...at least it doesn't seem like we
can compete in air supremacy anyway. I had pondered that question before--what would happen if we did have a war with
invading aliens? I will try to find the name of the book and mention it here...wish I had saved the info when I first came
across it. Anxious
sambuca
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:31:57 AM

this is what would happen for us Brick wall --if an intelligent civilization reached our planet we wouldn't stand a chance because they would have to be light years ahead of us in technology and if they had hostile intentions they would most likely send some form of robot force and monitor and control events from some distant command post as we will do much in the future ourselves---
Neo
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 4:28:13 PM

sambuca wrote:
this is what would happen for us Brick wall --if an intelligent civilization reached our planet we wouldn't stand a chance because they would have to be light years ahead of us in technology and if they had hostile intentions they would most likely send some form of robot force and monitor and control events from some distant command post as we will do much in the future ourselves---

Yeah, what he said. Reminds me of a documentary featuring Michio Kaku where he talks about civilisation types (1, 2, 3) and how the nature of accellerating pace of technological change would mean that any intelligent alien species which we might encounter (or which might encounter us) would almost certainly be way beyond out technological level. Trekdom is cool, but it's not so much Starfleet v Klingons or Romulans, more like Starfleet v Q. And hey, Q has style.

There is no spoon.