The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Missing Post. Options
Neo
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:08:45 PM
Groups: Member

I started a thread a while back, 'Does race exist?' by posting a video. Both jdlaw and sambuca responded to it, asking me to define 'race' as I saw it. I did this in a post, which helped clarify things. Alas, I've just noticed that this post is no longer present on the thread in question.

Little help, Jim?

There is no spoon.
jim
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:10:59 PM

Hi Neo, Your original post is there, but I assume you mean that the missing one is the one where you clarified things? I seem to remember that as well. I can write to GoDaddy, who hosts the forum, to see if anything can be restored. I did notice one thing - each member has a point score. And I think that when you delete a post, the forum deducts a lot from your point score, like maybe 120 points or something. I have done that and notice that I was in the negative for a long time. You also have a negative point score, so you've probably deleted a post or two. In any case, is it possible that you inadvertently hit the delete button on the post? You would be the only one who could do that. Except possibly "The Architect", which is my admin member, but I've never deleted any posts from admin. Sorry for the trouble.
Neo
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 11:22:24 AM

Quote:
jim wrote:
Hi Neo, Your original post is there, but I assume you mean that the missing one is the one where you clarified things?

Yup, that's what I meant.

Quote:
I can write to GoDaddy, who hosts the forum, to see if anything can be restored.

Only if its easy for you to do Jim, its not that big of a deal.

Quote:
I did notice one thing - each member has a point score. And I think that when you delete a post, the forum deducts a lot from your point score, like maybe 120 points or something. I have done that and notice that I was in the negative for a long time. You also have a negative point score, so you've probably deleted a post or two. In any case, is it possible that you inadvertently hit the delete button on the post? You would be the only one who could do that. Except possibly "The Architect", which is my admin member, but I've never deleted any posts from admin. Sorry for the trouble.

Ah, I was wondering why my score was in the minus range! That makes sense (dropping a lot of points), as I deleted a double post before and my score seems to go down if I remember correctly. Maybe I did wipe it out by mistake myself, how I don't know exactly. Guess I'll just have to be careful in future.

Thanks for the prompt reply Jim, appreciated,

Neo.

There is no spoon.
Neo
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:02:10 PM

P.S. I double posted the above post yesterday while fiddling around with the quotes, and when I wiped one I lost 100 points Boo hoo! So yup, it seems to be 100 per drop.

P.P.S. It (meaning forum) wouldn't let me post over the last 24 hours or so. Hope I don't sound like a fussy freddy, I just thought that it might be useful for you to know Jim, feedback and all that.

There is no spoon.
jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:43:51 PM

well, i can't figure out how to turn off the annoying aspects of the forum (points and lockouts), but i was able to reset your points. Applause
Neo
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:44:31 PM

Er, Jim,

sorry for not thanking you earlier for sorting out my 'points'..good to be 'plus' and not 'minus'..until I wiped another post..

..you do know that I'm now the clear 'No. 1 poster', here now, don't you?:d/ ]

There is no spoon.