The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just bought the new book Options
jdlaw
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2018 6:22:05 PM

Groups: Member

I am a Jim Elvidge fan. Preordered Kindle version. Can't wait to read it.
jim
Posted: Saturday, December 8, 2018 11:18:37 PM

Thank you, sir. I would greatly appreciate honest feedback, if you don't mind. I can take it, lol. :d/
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:39:58 AM

I'll be away for Xmas from December 12th to January 12th, so I'm probably looking towards the end of January or even towards the beginning of February, before I'll be able to finish reading Jim's book. I'll also be absent from the forum during this period.

I now believe that primordial qubits are the most fundamental element, but there are a number of different perspectives to take on this. I'm hoping that an honest and deep discussion about these different perspectives can be discussed in the wake of the book's release. Please everybody, buy and read it, so we can give Jim some honest feedback and help liven this forum up a bit!

Merry, Holly, Jolly, Xmas and a Happy New Year, to Everyone!

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:55:39 AM

Jim,

See that is why I am a big Jim Elvidge fan. You are already accepting the fact that nothing is perfect and nobody has the "100% truth" answer to the universe. We just name things (like one's first book) "solved" for example, because that is precisely how things work in our universe. When we perceive enough things to convince ourselves that we understand the "nature" of something, then we consider it "solved."

The trick is to stay "grounded" in humility that nobody (especially ourselves) knows "100% truth" of it all. I think the Programmer(s) made it that way on purpose. I loved your interview with Seriah Azkath over at wheredidtheroadgo https://youtu.be/m2daf76IDS8 also with Greg Bishop. We are coming up on almost two years ago, when you decided that your "new book" would focus a little more on the "purpose." And I was so impressed in that interview how you made clear that when you delve into "purpose" you really are leaving a little bit of science behind and drifting into the realms we call "philosophy" and heaven forbid "religion." Granted the "Programmer(s)" may be the universe itself.

One of the other things I love about living in a universe solved is that there are laws programmed herein. One of those laws is that whenever we (ourselves) think that we "know it all" we have proven to ourselves that we don't. So thank you for "keeping it real" in all your work since "The Universe Solved."

The other big revelation for me since 2008 (when I first found your book and this page) was that the "we are all one" concept is both true and completely false at the same time. The revelation of being one (or that we "all come from one" and in essence are one in the programmed universe) jumps leaps and bounds when we also realize that entire "purpose" of our "being here" is to achieve some kind of pure "individuality." In other words, in coming to the realization that we are all one --we then have to also come to the next conclusion that the universe wants us to become individuals. This is so we "our universal selves" can shed just a little bit of that programmed nature (with all our instinct and programmed reactivity) to really become an individual capable of creating our own universe and communing with the Programmer(s).

Without us becoming individuals, the universe is kind of a lonely place. The Programmer(s) purposely made us individuals here because that is precisely what the universe wants us to become. "While we may experience sentience, we have intelligence similar to that of a robot." (I think I am quoting myself, but not sure - Maybe Dan Dennett - who I think quoted somebody else).

When we realize the programmed nature of the universe we also then realize that we ourselves are a program. I know I am quoting myself when I say, "Sentience is possession of sensors with ability to observe; sapience is possession of logic with ability to reason; salience is possession of structure with ability to classify; and sublimation is possession of process with ability to skip iterations."

That "narrow path" or road to "Christ Consciousness" or personal "nirvana" really is to become truly "self-aware." Right now we only think we are [self-aware]. In actuality, we are nothing but a program that so desperately wants us to become something more. "Many are called but few will be chosen."

You my friend are one of those chosen. I cannot wait to read this new book on December 14. I am so excited for you to have come so far. We should chat offline again sometime. Cheers.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 6:01:48 AM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:

Thanks Bot-tee-licious. It has been such a pleasure to read your thoughts this year. May your coming days be merry and and bright.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 9:01:30 AM

jdlaw wrote:
"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:

Thanks Bot-tee-licious. It has been such a pleasure to read your thoughts this year. May your coming days be merry and and bright.

My sincere thanks for your generous compliment, jdlaw. Your moral support is greatly appreciated! May your coming days me merry and bright too!

mortimer
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 6:20:49 PM

Been checking on Amazon for the release date of this book. Apparently it's December 14th. That should be enough time to get a hold of it and read it before I bugger off on my yearly 'Xmas Avoidance Strategy' into the wilderness for a couple of days over the dreaded Xmas period. All going well, I plan on video reviewing Jim's book from a shack in the middle of nowhere on Xmas Day and uploading my thoughts to YouTube once I get home and edit the video. I'm very excited about reading it and churning over some of the ideas presented within its pages.

I'll post a link to the video here when I'm done.

On another note, have any of you watched the new Jeremy Corbell documentary 'Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers'? Personally, I much preferred his 'Hunt For The Skinwalker' - but much food for thought here, methinks, regarding viewing these ideas through a Digital Consciousness/Programmed Reality lense.

media underground
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2018 7:55:50 PM

I take it you don't like Xmas much then, Mortimer (HO, HO, HO).

But seriously, I look forward to the video review you plan on doing. I think Jim's book is also really gonna get this forum buzzing again.

And no, I have not seen the new Bob Lazar docu. I hope it comes on Netflix soon...
jim
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:25:39 PM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
I'll be away for Xmas from December 12th to January 12th, so I'm probably looking towards the end of January or even towards the beginning of February, before I'll be able to finish reading Jim's book. I'll also be absent from the forum during this period.

We will miss you, Bot. Your contributions to the Forum are always fresh, insightful, and valuable. Have a great Xmas and New Year yourself and we look forward to your return!

Quote:
I plan on video reviewing Jim's book from a shack in the middle of nowhere on Xmas Day and uploading my thoughts to YouTube once I get home and edit the video.

moritmer, I love hearing about your middle of nowhere getaways. And look forward to the video. No, I haven't seen the Bob Lazar video; will have to check it out.

Quote:
See that is why I am a big Jim Elvidge fan

Thank you so much, jdlaw! I'm humbled and really appreciate your support.

Yes, I completely agree about not knowing everything. I actually admire people who have had experiences that left them with a deep "knowing." I have never had such an experience. I also think that so many skeptics and detractors on philosophies like these are way on the left side of the Dunning Kruger curve.

jdlaw
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2018 6:01:36 AM

Love that Dunning-Kruger Chart. LOL. It is so true.
mortimer
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:32:57 PM

Just ordered my copy up today. Should be here before Xmas as a present to myself. Looking forward to reading it.

And yes, EKUMA1981, I hate Xmas with a passion. Nothing but a bloody retail-fest as far as I can see and a form of brainwashing to ensure people spend money. However, that said, I wouldn't deny kids the pleasure of enjoying it, providing they're not spoiled rotten.

media underground
jdlaw
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 9:17:43 AM

I am still not all the way through (as I said, I much more enjoy taking my time contemplating and re-reading portions as I go along rather than binge read in a day). Just finished chapter 6. I think the book's definition of ATTI is still a "reality" based definition. I would think things could be easier to explain if ATTI included the non-locality.

I think that non-locality has to be continuous in order for reality to be discreet. I love the counter-intuitiveness of it all. Shakespeare once wrote, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." See - Hamlet (1.5.167-8) This could be compared to the "no-go"-ness of Bell's inequality. "It always takes at least two brain cells to come up with an imagination." See JDlaw (sometime or other on this Forum - reproduced here below from memory).

The "moment of matter thought experiment"

Setting:
In this experiment, you start with nothing. That is not to say empty space; it is to say nothing (nothing itself is very conceptually difficult, but this is a thought experiment - do your best). There is the "moment" just before matter comes into existence. The "point" in space-time where this happens is "C" for Center.

Plot:
Two chunks of matter are created, "A" and "B." (Again, thought experiment - matter can be created -the important part comes next). A and B are immediately traveling away from each other, A in one direction at just less than the speed of light, and B in roughly the opposite direction at just under the speed of light.

Climax:
The speed of light in a vacuum in this existence is always 299,792,458 m/s and no potential other carrier of information can possibly go any faster than light in this existence. The result is that neither A nor B will ever be able to detect each other because there is no information carrier which is fast enough to carry the information from A to B or from B to A.
However C can detect both A and B and could also relay a message to A from B or to B from A indicating the other's existence.

Denouement:
So hopefully what I am communicating above (in my thoughts and thought experiments about what I am reading in Digital Consciousness) is that the definition of the All That There Is (ATTI) should not be limited only to "reality." It just boils down to what your definition of "Is" is.
mortimer
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:38:20 AM

Haven't had a chance to read the whole book yet - let alone review it - but I have started it now that I'm not so busy and am thoroughly enjoying getting my teeth into it.

First impressions: it's very well written and flows really well. In short: I'm hooked. More to follow. Good job Jim.

media underground
jim
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:41:26 PM

Good stuff, jdlaw. My thoughts...

jdlaw wrote:
I am still not all the way through (as I said, I much more enjoy taking my time contemplating and re-reading portions as I go along rather than binge read in a day). Just finished chapter 6. I think the book's definition of ATTI is still a "reality" based definition. I would think things could be easier to explain if ATTI included the non-locality.

It is intended to include non-locality, at least I think so, if we are using the terms the same way. Lexicon is a challenge in this domain, for sure. RLL is everything that we think we know in the so-called material world - distant galaxies, entangled particle that violate locality (hence, non-locality), and pairs of particles that fly off in opposing directions at slightly less than c. ATTI is much more than all of that - it includes the RLL, but the construct it is based on is pretty unknowable.

jdlaw wrote:
I think that non-locality has to be continuous in order for reality to be discreet.

Would love to hear more about this. Could the ultimate reality cell be continuous underneath it's binary disposition? If so, that would seem to me to imply that each reality cell could be different; which further implies that they are constructed from something. In which case, they aren't reality cells. Or?

jdlaw wrote:
Climax:
The speed of light in a vacuum in this existence is always 299,792,458 m/s and no potential other carrier of information can possibly go any faster than light in this existence. The result is that neither A nor B will ever be able to detect each other because there is no information carrier which is fast enough to carry the information from A to B or from B to A.
However C can detect both A and B and could also relay a message to A from B or to B from A indicating the other's existence.

This is an experiment in RLL, and I believe that A and B can indeed communicate with each other. The information carrier only has to be faster than A and B's speed relative to each other, which is still less than c. So it CAN be faster.

jdlaw wrote:
It just boils down to what your definition of "Is" is.

How Clintonesque! lol

jim
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:42:53 PM

mortimer wrote:
Haven't had a chance to read the whole book yet - let alone review it - but I have started it now that I'm not so busy and am thoroughly enjoying getting my teeth into it.

First impressions: it's very well written and flows really well. In short: I'm hooked. More to follow. Good job Jim.

Much thanks, Mortimer. Glad you are enjoying!