The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Femtotech and the Fermi Paradox Options
jim
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 2:59:12 PM

Groups: Member

I've been reading "The Syntellect Hypothesis" by Alex Vikoulov. It is very good and thought-provoking. Just finished Chapter 13, where he talks about Femtotechnology and its implications. On this forum, there has been some discussion about Nanotech and it's relationship to programmable physical realities. Huge de Garis takes the thinking further...

Hugo de Garis argues that as programmable components get smaller and smaller, millions of times more interaction and power can be packed into a given size, and ultimately “one comes to the jaw-dropping conclusion that there may be whole civilizations inside elementary particles” and “these ‘particle civilizations’ communicate with each other via quantum mechanical entanglement.” So, “maybe advanced civilizations are all around us, inside us, but are too small for us to see or even be aware of.” This is another explanation for the Fermi Paradox.

Thoughts?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 12:04:29 PM

Well, I've never heard of this before. Particle Civilisations?! That's a really far out idea.

Could be an explanation for the Fermi Paradox, I suppose, but I do think perhaps this universe has been programmed to have us humans as the only true conscious sentient beings. I think we are on a mission and most folks are clueless about it. I agree with researchers like David Deutsch and Frank Tipler. We hold a very special place in this universe and we are the architects and it's like a participatory reality and eventually the universe will wake up, because we will make it wake up. It's like our destiny to gain control of the entire universe and run massive simulations, etc, and eventually all who have died will be resurrectedas emulations. I can just imagine it happening, I really can.

After doing extrapolation and seeing where technology is now and where it will be in decades from now, you can't really find fault with Tipler or Deutsch. Then there's optical and quantum computers being developed. The Playstation 5 will be released in 2020 (imagine when the Playstation 111 is released!. Exascale supercomputers will be deployed in 2021. Surely this is destiny and exponential growth will continue like a tsunami. I feel it's all heading one way and that is the Omega Point way. It's exciting, and has given me fresh hope.

I know I've gone a bit off track here but I'm just really feeling this lately.

Btw, it's a coincidence I read this post today, Jim, because I watched a video featuring David Deutsch a few hours ago and it's on a similar theme... Link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5KLfd9Km8&t=3s

It's also noteworthy that many academics doubted exascale supercomputers could be delivered by the early 2020s as the Top500 List back in about 2014 had stagnated. But, humans always seem to find a way. So yes, exascale systems are definitely on the near horizon -

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/high-performance-computing/supercomputing/exascale-computing.html

Then it's on to Zetta, then Yotta, but I don't know what it's called after Yotta (lolz). Maybe a term has not been invented yet.
jim
Posted: Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:12:21 PM

Awesome, EKUMA1981, glad to see you are following this stuff.

Per my other recent posts, I'm reading Alex Vikoulov's "The Syntellect Hypothesis." I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Singularity, Omega Point, Universal Consciousness, coming integration with AI, etc. I don't fully agree with all of his points, but most seem very well thought out, and I want to finish the book before opening a dialog with him. His ideas reflect Tipler's and Deutsch's. And Terence McKenna talks about the same thing - the Omega Point as an attractor for the end of the human journey. He has an amazing speculation about the purpose of humanity - is it to live out life on this planet and take care of the planet as our only home? Or is our destiny the star, relegating our planet to the role of a stepping stone to use on the way to the Omega Point?
Jon D
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:52:03 PM

This may be relevant to the idea of nano-civilizations(are particle-civilizations an entirely different idea?) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iswyqcPSldk

This show was so ahead of it's time. I really think it was the greatest thing ever on TV.