The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Hieronymus Bosch: A new Mandela Effect? Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 6:25:52 PM

Groups: Member

Hi guys

Something happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd share it with you all. Basically I like to watch documentaries on my Virgin TiVo box. Anything that looks interesting I always record. One particular programme on a channel called Sky Arts got my attention. It was a programme dedicated to the great artist Hieronymus Bosch. I don't usually watch arty shows, I'm more into paranormal and science stuff. But there's some artists that really stick in my mind. Examples include Jean-Michel Basquiat, Paul Laffoley, Salvador Dali, and of course Hieronymus Bosch.

Anyway, I start watching the programme ("The Curious World of Hieronymus Bosch") and I like to make notes, so I wrote down the title of the docu. I copied the title down from the E.P.G. (electronic programme guide). So I write "Hieronymous Bosch", and yes, that's how I thought it was spelt. Again, HieronyMOUS Bosch.

Then I take a quick toilet break, but upon my return I notice something very odd indeed! The spelling of Bosch's Christian name on the E.P.G. has changed! It's now spelt HieronyMUS. I thought, how bizarre, how did that occur. I always thought it was deffo spelt HieronyMOUS, I always thought there were TWO "O"s in his first name. So I started to doubt myself, but I did think maybe, just maybe, I'm onto a Mandela Effect here.

So, I start to Google his name and yes, most websites have his first name spelt HieronyMUS. However, it's not long before I discover a handful of websites where it is spelt HieronyMOUS! In fact, there is a website I found where his name is spelt BOTH ways! Here it is -

https://www.hieronymus-bosch.org/

Now, why would a website dedicated to Bosch have his first name spelt two different ways. Surely it's rather HieronyMOUS or HieronyMUS?! Surely it can't be both. I actually messaged the site about this issue but I never got a reply, so it's all fishy.

I also checked Wikipedia and other sites and apparently the only way to spell Hieronymus is with one "O".

So have I discovered a new Mandela Effect here?! Maybe it used to be spelt with two "O"s on a different timeline? I don't know but this whole thing has got me completely perplexed.

And, I found more possible residual evidence -

https://dispatcheseurope.com/hieronymous-bosch/

http://infinity.wecabrio.com/178755404X-the-weird-art-of-hieronymous-bosch-die-ungewohnli.pdf

One other point to make is that about 10 minutes before this incident my Tivo box actually started malfunctioning. All the lights on it started blinking on and off and I could do nothing about it. So I ended up having to unplug it from the mains. So maybe the lights blinking on and off was a sign that this particular Mandela Effect was about to happen. Just speculation though.

It just reminds me of the Berenstain Bears controversy: BerenSTEIN or BerenSTAIN; HieronyMOUS or HieronyMUS? LOLZ, LOLZ, LOLZ.

"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2021 6:00:17 AM

How's about NONNAMOUS, Ekuma 🤣

Read your post immediately after watching the following video on YouTube: Jordan Peterson vs Terence McKenna (High-Quality Audio Version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdGitx27JU

@circa 3.14, with the Engish auto-generated subtitles, Terence says: "......or a devotee of Hieronymous/Hieronymus Bosch......," (spelled NONNAMOUS!). Another strange coincidence, perhaps, highlighting the importance of the message contained in that video. I can tell already a second viewing is in order!

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:40:08 AM

My take on the Mandela Effect (for what it is worth) is really pretty "simple-complex" (word for something with a lot of foundational background, but otherwise quite simple).

The easiest way I can talk about this (rather than double slit experiments and particle accelerators) is to simply talk about the thought experiment of the "simplest universe." In the simplest universe there is just one particle. That one particle is without space or time or other particles. It just "is."

But, in this simplest universe, can there be any "reality?"

I say there cannot be “reality” (of course depending on your definition) because other than the one particle, there is just no means for anything to observe something else. The particle is just "there" with nothing to observe it. There is no thought, idea, or even “inkling” had by this particle of its own existence – and hence, even though there is existence, there is no “reality.”

So, then continuing with the thought experiment of the simplest universe, we then imagine two particles and some kind of space between them. To keep it simple, we will make it infinite space around them and just a very small, but not infinitesimal space between them.

In this new two particle universe, now do we have a reality?

I would again say, no. We cannot, because we still have not added anything to make an observation. Unless and until particle 1 (call her “Alice”) and particle 2 (call him ”Bob”) have interacted, then there is no “reality” but still only just this existence. Until there is some medium to transfer information, there still can be no reality. Bob and Alice are just there, but they know nothing about each other.

But now what if we add “time-space” which allows Bob to move over toward Alice and “touch” her?

Well there is still infinitesimal space between them and Bob never really "touched" Alice, but got close enough to affect Alice. Now do we have more than existence?

At that moment, when Bob touches Alice, whether or not Alice has any brain mechanisms, logic or thought, we now have “reality.” This “reality” is in its simplest form. And despite the universe’s inability to deal with it, something happened.

Bob touched Alice, and even if Alice or Bob do not know it, the universe has to account for something.

Bob touched Alice. And whether or not Alice has any sensing receptors or central processing logic, the universe has to be reconciled. Something happened, and the universe had to acknowledge it even if not rightly understood or comprehended by anything or anybody. The universe remained simple, but yet just complex enough to be a "reality."

Now I hope you have read carefully with me this far. This is getting long, but not too long. And I am almost done.

If we take this most simple Bob and Alice universe (or Alice and Bob universe, it really does not matter) and accept what we have learned here about the differences between “existence” and “reality,” we can then take it to the next level and talk about observation and why observations can change and why the Mendela Effect is very "real."

Now imagine that these same concepts hold true in every universe and especially on a macro level in our universe and that every interaction (observation) that can ever take place, requires at least two particles. And then we take it further and realize that for any of the “reality” part of our universe to make any sense, there will have to be both an “observation” and a sort of processing of that observation to create this “epiphenomenal” sense of being something in the abstract. When we understand that “reality” is something that only exists in the processing of information, we are finally at a point of understanding our own nature of reality separately from our existence.

Thus, any observation you have Ekuma, will always be the entire basis of your own reality. This is an inescapable truth and in fact your entire existence. You are nothing more than a registration of information in my brain and I am nothing more than the same in yours.

So, the next time you go to your sock drawer looking for that pair of socks you knew was in there, but for some reason now miraculously is gone and you cannot find it —rest assured that you are both right and wrong (at the same time) about whether the Mendela Effect played a part in anything.

Your reality is the only reality that matters (to you) and the best any of us can ever do to explain any “glitches” in our observation that causes this Mendela Effect is that reality does change even if existence does not. It is only our "consensus" (i.e. our agreement) about the universe that makes anything "real." Our reality did indeed change.

jim
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:02:51 PM

jdlaw wrote:

Your reality is the only reality that matters (to you) and the best any of us can ever do to explain any “glitches” in our observation that causes this Mendela Effect is that reality does change even if existence does not. It is only our "consensus" (i.e. our agreement) about the universe that makes anything "real." Our reality did indeed change.

I like this line of thinking. It really emphasizes the subjective nature of all experience. Let's talk a little about the consensus aspect (or, did it used to be "consensous" lol). If there are a lot of consciousnesses out there, all having their subjective reality, and, for the most part, there is high level consensus across all of all of them, what could possibly be the reason(s) for deviations from 100% consensus, I mean aside from poor recall?

To consider a much more mundane explanation, could it simply be a case of multiple acceptable spellings? Per Britannica, "Hiëronymus Bosch, also spelled Jheronimus Bos", multiple spellings are ok. In today's world, spelling matters because of computer matches, but in Bosch's time, who cared? For example, in doing genealogy research, I remember coming across multiple spellings of my last name in old records. The son of John Elvige may have spelled it Elvidge. In traveling through Greece some time back I remember seeing different signs to the same place with different spellings. I can buy yogurt in the store, and also yoghurt. Maybe conventions changed. Is it possible that when you first wrote it down, you wrote it the way you remembered it, not the way it was verbatim on the EPG?
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:52:35 PM

The strongest Mandela Effects for me are the ones I have memories attached to, such as passenger rearview mirrors having that little sticker in small black letters that said "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear". I used to ponder as a kid why they couldn't just figure out the "may be" problem with the mirrors. Now, apparently those stickers never existed that said "may be" or "may appear".

Even as strange to me is this more personal example where I apparently can now observe I was wrong, yet my memory still has trouble agreeing with what I'm observing. When watching the movie "The Wedding Singer" in the theater for the first time, I could have sworn without a doubt Chris Farley had a great fitting cameo as the airport attendant Flock Of Seagull's fan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx2lBGQ6iG8 I've seen many Chris Farley movies and could not mistake his unique charisma. Upon watching it again years later, it apparently was not Chris Farley, is not nearly as funny as I remember, and this I can now observe. I would have bet everything, all in, on him playing that cameo, and apparently would now have lost that bet.

Can never be too sure about anything, if reality can indeed change on the whim.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 7:00:35 PM

Quote:
Is it possible that when you first wrote it down, you wrote it the way you remembered it, not the way it was verbatim on the EPG?

Well, I am a good speller, Jim, and I don't usually make mistakes. I'm good at recalling how names are spelt, even tricky foreign names. I'm fairly sure it was initially spelt HieronyMOUS on the EPG. And when I returned five minutes later it was HieronyMUS, and I did notice the change instantly.

Plus, there's also the fact that my TiVo box behaved weirdly about 30 minutes before this incident where all the lights were blinking on and off. Now, my TiVo box has never done that before and I was fearing that it was some kind of major malfunction. I was fearing the worst and thought I might have to replace it. But after I unplugged it from the mains and then re-booted it it worked fine. So what was all that about?!

Also, I still don't get why they spell Bosch's first name on his official website two ways. I've never known that before anywhere else. I would be annoyed if somebody dedicated a website to me and spelled my name two ways, like Mark and Marc. I've messaged that site twice now and got no reply, not even an automatic response, so that makes me suspicious, like they are deliberately avoiding my queries. Maybe you guys could also message them on their contact page and maybe one of you will get lucky and get some answers -

https://www.hieronymus-bosch.org/contact.html

And, there's no mention on Wikipedia about Bosch's Christian name being spelt two ways. Yes, it does give the Dutch spelling of his name but there's no mention of the -MOUS spelling. Normally Wikipedia are reliable with names and give all variations of names -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieronymus_Bosch
jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 6:12:53 AM

jim wrote:
I like this line of thinking. It really emphasizes the subjective nature of all experience. Let's talk a little about the consensus aspect (or, did it used to be "consensous" lol). If there are a lot of consciousnesses out there, all having their subjective reality, and, for the most part, there is high level consensus across all of all of them, what could possibly be the reason(s) for deviations from 100% consensus, I mean aside from poor recall?

To consider a much more mundane explanation, could it simply be a case of multiple acceptable spellings? Per Britannica, "Hiëronymus Bosch, also spelled Jheronimus Bos", multiple spellings are ok. In today's world, spelling matters because of computer matches, but in Bosch's time, who cared? For example, in doing genealogy research, I remember coming across multiple spellings of my last name in old records. The son of John Elvige may have spelled it Elvidge. In traveling through Greece some time back I remember seeing different signs to the same place with different spellings. I can buy yogurt in the store, and also yoghurt. Maybe conventions changed. Is it possible that when you first wrote it down, you wrote it the way you remembered it, not the way it was verbatim on the EPG?

I think we all have our personal Mandela Effect episodes all the time, but that is not really a true "Mandela Effect" until a lot of people have the same experience. That is when you really begin to see the cracks in our programmed reality (cracks in our "Matrix").

My most haunting "personal foundational observational reality changes" (I have spoken of in here before) has to do with an entire genre of music. e.g. https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/local/reinterpreting-sgt-pepper/article_345373c9-48f2-5407-9404-bbad09810941.html

Every time I hear something about "devil went down to Georgia" or "cross-roads" or any of these stories about a musician who "made a deal with the devil" to create such enchanting music that they become super famous pop stars.

The recent movie "yesterday" (2019) starring Himesh Patel with cameo appearance by music phenom Ed Sheeran, is a really cool film about a spin on the Mandela Effect where musician Jack Malik (played by Patel) gets in an accident and hits his head and then wakes up in a world where the "Beatles" never existed -- yet he is a guitar player and remembers how to play a lot of the songs. Yesterday Movie Trailer

Sometimes when I am playing my guitar, I faintly remember that there was this whole different genre of music that sounds a little like "psychedelic dixieland" or something like the "acid jazz" or "blues funk" we hear about --- but even that is not quite it. It is a sound that only alien creatures from a nearby galaxy could really play, but when I get in that mode, I can get some really cool enchanting sounds out of my little nylon acoustic guitar when I am caught in that.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 6:37:23 PM

It happened to me again! I found another programme about Bosch on Sky Arts titled "Masterpieces Unveiled: HieronyMOUS Bosch". This time however HieronyMOUS did not change to HieronyMUS. It just remained HieronyMOUS on my EPG. Btw, this particular episode was originally broadcast in 2016 so perhaps that is how it used to be spelt. Then it altered recently? I don't know but this is weird.