The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What's the most impressive invention/idea to you? Options
Jon D
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:54:50 AM
Groups: Member

Loose topic anything goes really, from physical invention to ideas like religion - what human invention/idea has impressed you the most?

To me, it's the photograph. I have difficulty fathoming how one even conceived the possibility of the photograph. Humans went for so long without even having mirrors, living lifetimes without even knowing their own face. Now we have high definition video, video restoration, able to view the past in motion as it were real time. I find this to be our most thinking outside of the box advancement. Just incredible the idea was conceived and then achieved. Does the photograph lend any credence to reality being digital?

EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 7:18:59 PM

Great question, Jon D.

Me personally, I have to say one of my fave inventions is the internet. It has really aided me in my research and allowed me to connect with so many like-minded people. Although not everybody who I have connected with have turned out to be pleasant. But, of course, with everything the internet has its dark side too.

Best idea... has to be the Omega Point idea. For me to stumble upon a concept like this which could ultimately lead to paradise, and the resurrection of everybody who has ever lived, well, just awesome.

And yes, photography a brilliant tool to have to capture the past. Also, a nice arty tool. Holography is cool too and very profound. I do wonder if the universe is holographic, and will it ever be proven to be. Time will tell...
brother
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 5:14:18 AM

The idea of living in a simulation described in The matrix movie
jdlaw
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 4:20:08 PM

Jon D wrote:
Loose topic anything goes really, from physical invention to ideas like religion - what human invention/idea has impressed you the most?

To me, it's the photograph. I have difficulty fathoming how one even conceived the possibility of the photograph. Humans went for so long without even having mirrors, living lifetimes without even knowing their own face. Now we have high definition video, video restoration, able to view the past in motion as it were real time. I find this to be our most thinking outside of the box advancement. Just incredible the idea was conceived and then achieved. Does the photograph lend any credence to reality being digital?

JOn D,

I have linked to a poster about the entire "eeriness" of light behavior that takes place during photography. Father

My Previous Posters I now call

Son

and Holy Ghost

By way of background, my work in these areas really is a hobby. It is all about understanding how to program "skepticism" —which to me is where lies the secret to programming machines with true consciousness and personality.
Jon D
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 8:53:42 AM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Great question, Jon D.

Me personally, I have to say one of my fave inventions is the internet. It has really aided me in my research and allowed me to connect with so many like-minded people. Although not everybody who I have connected with have turned out to be pleasant. But, of course, with everything the internet has its dark side too.

Best idea... has to be the Omega Point idea. For me to stumble upon a concept like this which could ultimately lead to paradise, and the resurrection of everybody who has ever lived, well, just awesome.

And yes, photography a brilliant tool to have to capture the past. Also, a nice arty tool. Holography is cool too and very profound. I do wonder if the universe is holographic, and will it ever be proven to be. Time will tell...

I would say the internet is definitely the biggest advancement. I really miss the early days of the internet, small websites like Geocities scattered around everywhere, programs like ICQ, IRC servers, everyone having nicknames/handles, real names never used. Now it's just the opposite, everything is so personal and attached to your real identity. We still have access to most information though, so the internet is still great in that regard. The problem now is that it can be used in a very effective manner to portray certain narratives to the entire world, and the factuality of it is not open for interpretation now that it is so conglomerated with massive platforms. So while the internet was one massive leap forward for humanity, I'm afraid it was short lived, and will be detrimental in the long run.

Jon D
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 1:01:18 PM

jdlaw wrote:

JOn D,

I have linked to a poster about the entire "eeriness" of light behavior that takes place during photography. Father

My Previous Posters I now call

Son

and Holy Ghost

By way of background, my work in these areas really is a hobby. It is all about understanding how to program "skepticism" —which to me is where lies the secret to programming machines with true consciousness and personality.

It is indeed eerie. Just comprehending the ability to record and play back reality in motion, it's just quite something. How far could it go? We can capture the visuals and sounds of a particular moment in time, play it back and re-live it, but would it be possible to also capture and project the physical aspects of it as well? To be able to touch, feel things in a recording.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 1:54:01 PM

Quote:
It is indeed eerie. Just comprehending the ability to record and play back reality in motion, it's just quite something. How far could it go? We can capture the visuals and sounds of a particular moment in time, play it back and re-live it, but would it be possible to also capture and project the physical aspects of it as well? To be able to touch, feel things in a recording.

My ultimate dream would be to run ancestor simulations in the future of this universe and literally go back to any event in time. Literally go back to any space-time coordinate and just have fun. Go back to the time of the dinosaurs or see the Berlin Wall fall. Watch the Eiffel Tower get constructed. Cool stuff like this.

Also, in the future we might be able to record our dreams and play them back or enter the dream state for extended periods. Wouldn't that be awesome too. There is lucid dreaming but I'm still unable to master that. It's not easy to do.
jdlaw
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 6:49:55 PM

Jon D wrote:
To me, it's the photograph.

I did this in my son's bedroom one time many years ago (back when my kids still lived at home). I used a smaller hole than in this video. It still worked. This is really cool and an amazing thing to do with your kids (if you have any).

Make your Bedroom into a Camera Obscura