The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Tachyum & Exascale Computing Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 8:23:44 PM

Groups: Member

Quote:
Prodigy processors, with their extremely high computational density, coupled with their breakthrough power efficiency, will directly enable humanity to create a 64 AI Exaflops supercomputer in 2022, capable of simulating the human brain in real-time.
-

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210420005432/en/Tachyum-Unveils-Prodigy-Universal-Processor-at-DIA-CIO-Virtual-Summit

Blimey, where did this come from?! I had no idea this kind of technology was being developed. And I had never heard of Tachyum or the "Prodigy" processor.

I'm surprised I'd not heard about this company as I frequently search for the latest updates on exascale computing. I just typed into YouTube last night the words "Exascale computing" and that's when I found a video all about Tachyum. So will they achieve a full brain simulation in 2022, and can consciousness arise from a simulated brain. I'm 50/50 on that one.

Goodness me, 64 exaflops is a lot of computational power. I wonder how they've managed to do this so quick?! They have also developed the first "universal processor" too, so kudos to them. Maybe these will be the guys who finally create true Strong A.I.

Also, their main website - https://www.tachyum.com/
jdlaw
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 3:29:13 AM

Ekuma,

We will see. I consider myself just a "tinkerer" in this area of what I call "machine personality" (inter alia - meaning "among other things"). But the article suggests that Tachyum moves us closer to a "human brain like" type of computing. I do not think Exaflops is really the thing that moves us closer to "brain like" computing.

Don't get me wrong, double and triple digit Exaflop computing is a huge breakthrough in data processing. I had not specifically heard of Tachyum either. It looks like this company has graduated to a new level of business with the Federal Government and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). Congratulations to them.

The technology that is not specific to Tachyum, but to me the biggest change—is the architecture (I have heard of) called "Field Programmable Gate Array" (also "FPGA").

FPGA is nothing more than an integrated circuit design concept. It is when we start designing chips to be configurable by a customer (designer) after manufacturing – hence the term "field-programmable".

My prediction is that in the near future we discover that brain "algorithms" are nothing more than "front end filtering." What I mean by that is rather than seeking to compute "Facts" or "error corrected data," what we need for machine personality is a computing architecture based fully dependent on "skepticism." I also call this the "skeptical operating system."

First Person Sensory Experience is "Skepticism" by Nature

Once the skeptical pass filters are placed at the top of the computer architecture (in other words at the operating system level) then it really does not require Exaflops. That part of the computing architecture is already supplied by the universe. I believe the human brain functions fine on a "Gigaflop" level quite well—or perhaps even "Megaflops" (like most of us when we get older). The brain is simply channeling consciousness from the universe (as a part of the universe). IMO Think
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2022 1:04:00 PM

New presentation from the Tachyum team (poor sound in places though!) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stLJRiDLcm8&t=1982s

Promo vid -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBvORG2iq2w&t=3s

64 Exaflops! When I hear this it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Just such a huge number...

64,000,000,000,000,000,000 c.p.s.