The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Weird electrics in our house Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2022 9:35:10 PM

Groups: Member

Hi guys

Does anybody on here experience strange electrical phenomena in their homes? These last few months we've had a spate of electrical items break down. Firstly, our re-chargeable hoover started playing up. The battery inside kept going flat but then it suddenly started to charge up again. Then our freezer conked out and a pile of frozen food got wasted. The freezer was old though and could have just naturally fizzled out.

However, the next item to malfunction was our landline telephone! Now, this was odd as I've never known a telephone to behave like this before. Basically, me and my Dad were watching an old episode of Coronation Street on TV. Near the end of this particular show I began to hear this beeping sound. At first I thought it was on the Corrie programme itself. However, I soon realized it was rather emanating from outside or from somewhere in our house. So I got up to investigate and discovered it was coming from the hallway. It's the landline telephone. It's beeping as if the handset has been left up for too long. However, the handset is down and in the correct position, so it's hard to fathom. So, I lift up the handset and then put it back down and the problem seems to go away. However, not long after the dial tone starts up and then that automated voice comes on saying something like, "Please put down the handset and try again". Then the beeping resumes once more.

Well, me and my Dad were baffled. And this is just what we need after all the other stuff going haywire. Anyway, I inspect the telephone but can not fix the issue. I even try unplugging the cable but when I plug it back in it just does the same thing. Why would our landline phone suddenly start doing this?! The handset is down and in the right position yet the dial tone starts up as if the handset has been picked up! WEIRD! Maybe a loose connection or did some unseen force tamper with it? No idea, but in the end we had to throw it out and buy a new phone. Luckily the new phone worked ok.

So yes, very bizarre. Also, back in 2021 I was preparing breakfast and I fancied some toast. So, I plugged the toaster in and flicked the switch and... nothing. No power. I thought, oh no, the toaster has gone and it's caused the fuse box to flip. Yep, the downstairs power had cut out so I had to flick the switches back up. I tried the toaster machine again expecting zilch, but to my surprise it actually worked! I couldn't believe it. Normally when an electrical item causes a power cut in our home it means that the item is dead. But not on this occasion.

So how do we explain what is going on in our home? A bit perplexing, isn't it?
jim
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2022 10:16:45 PM

A couple odd ones to be sure. From my now ancient knowledge of electronics, the landline phone just sounds like a broken connection somewhere inside. Although I've never heard of such a phone doing what you describe.

Oddly, I am having a very annoying problem with our alarm system. The main unit keeps loosing contact with a sensor or two (wireless) and then a bit later, regaining contact. It tells me to replace the batteries, but I have (on all of the sensors) and nothing has changed. I think the main panel might need service.

I think I've written about this before, but I have noticed electronic failures, in particular laptops and phones, during periods of intense emotional activity. Any of that going on there?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:59:32 PM

Quote:
A couple odd ones to be sure. From my now ancient knowledge of electronics, the landline phone just sounds like a broken connection somewhere inside. Although I've never heard of such a phone doing what you describe.

No, I have never heard of a landline phone doing this either, Jim. I did a Google search looking for telephone malfunctions but I did not come across any similar stories. So what happened to our phone must have been quite unique. There were also no warning signs it was about to go haywire. No crackling sounds the day before, no beeping noise the day before, etc. This unique fault just came on all of a sudden, which adds to the mystery. It still feels to me like it was tampered with by something or someone.

Also, no intense emotional energy in our house lately. I never rule out possible psychokinetic effects though. But to me personally, it feels more like archons or demonic types that are responsible. Trying to cause distress or get our attention, a bit like how a poltergeist behaves. Also, sometimes when I'm trying to crack on with my research our Virgin TiVo box will reset itself for no reason. TiVo boxes are very glitchy things though. They need improving.