The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Virgin TiVo remote control Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2022 8:46:45 AM

Groups: Member

This is another weird fault that just suddenly came out of nowhere about 2 years ago, and I can't explain it.

When we first got our Virgin TiVo box set up I was happy. I also noticed straight away how powerful the infra-red signal was on the remote control. It was awesome. Not like other remotes we had in the past. The I.R. beam on this TiVo remote went through objects like chairs; it bounced off walls; I could even go into the hallway and it would still work.

Then one day it seemed to lose it's intensity. No longer did the I.R. beam travel through objects. No longer did it reflect off walls, etc. Why did it suddenly do this?!

I tried changing the batteries, did not help. I even replaced the remote control, still the same outcome. I was gutted. I really liked the remote when I could aim it anywhere and it would function. Now I have to aim it directly at the TiVo box.

Do any of you guys own a TiVo remote? Have you had a remote in the past that's done the same thing? I bet the answer is no. Just seems like it's us who suffer these weird unique electrical glitches. I wonder what is causing them all?...

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2022 5:20:19 AM

I think that these reality "changes" are a direct result of the programmed nature of the universe.

However, we cannot let ourselves get too wrapped up in them or try too hard to convince other people how drastically an observance of ours may have changed.

Their problem is that "consensus reality" is ultimately what we have to live with. Any other personal observances can be looked at as psychosis if we are not careful. If we have some humility, we can explain these things "spiritually."

But, if we are arrogant or overly persistent in trying to force people to believe our reality is the only correct reality, our observances outside consensus reality just sound crazy to others.

Remember "reality" is a very personal thing as opposed to "consensus reality" (the reality shared).

I have a ROKU remote that communicates directly over wifi and it needs no "line of sight" whatsoever. You can operate the remote from a different room if you want. Chromecast is like this also. Did TIVO ever use a wifi direct remote?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2022 8:37:57 AM

Quote:
Did TIVO ever use a wifi direct remote?

I'm not sure, JDLaw. All I know for certain is that our remote used to work so differently. My Dad also remembers it operating a lot differently. So it's not a false memory from me or anything like that. The signal on it was a lot stronger and one day it's like it lost half of its intensity. I dunno, I can't explain it.

Btw, did you also read my anecdote about our landline telephone, JDLaw? Maybe you can figure it out...

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, March 6, 2022 9:29:29 AM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
So it's not a false memory from me or anything like that. The signal on it was a lot stronger and one day it's like it lost half of its intensity. I dunno, I can't explain it.

Btw, did you also read my anecdote about our landline telephone, JDLaw? Maybe you can figure it out...

So if we accept some form of a "simulated reality" hypothesis (this could be anything from belief in a God created world to a computer run "Matrix" or anything in between) then by definition things can change.

Just because things are different from the way we remember them does not make them "false" from our experience. However, they are by definition "false" from our current reality. I have often stated in here that simply understanding the nature of reality cannot ever change the state of reality. If we try too hard to cling to memory and experience as our sole basis for reality, we become narcissistic, if not even psychotic.

The current reality we have is the only one we've got. Of course we know some call it the "Mendella Effect" and other versions like "false memories" or even "Everett's Many Worlds interpretation of the Copenhagen Effect."

I would suggest not fighting with anybody about the Tivo remote. Be grateful for the experience that sheds light on our nature of reality, but do not let it drive you crazy. It is what it is. If it was like my Roku, then it did work from another room. It simply is not that type of remote any longer in the current reality. Another explanation will often reveal itself at some point. That is also the nature of things.

I have no exact explanation for the landline, but I know that current marketing technology gets more sophisticated all the time. If there are any digital assistants on any where around you, computer algorithms are listening.

EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, March 6, 2022 11:50:16 AM

Quote:
I have no exact explanation for the landline, but I know that current marketing technology gets more sophisticated all the time. If there are any digital assistants on any where around you, computer algorithms are listening.

Hmm, I'm just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this type of fault on a landline phone before? Or are we the first people in the world to experience this super weird glitch?! I hope I'll find out one day.