The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Another electrical problem Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 3:12:00 PM

Groups: Member

Our Virgin Media TiVo box is on the fritz. Last night in the early hours without any warning whatsoever it started malfunctioning. It kept rebooting every 15 minutes for no reason. It's never done that before.

Today it's got stuck in some sort of loop and won't load up at all. A technician is coming out on Friday to inspect it. I can't see him / her fixing it though. It looks like a serious fault to me.

Have any of you guys had a similar problem with your multimedia devices? Help me get to the bottom of this, please.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2022 11:46:48 AM

A Virgin technician replaced our faulty box on Friday. The new one was installed fairly quick. We had a slight problem syncing the remote control to the actual TiVo V6 box but I soon sorted that out.

Unfortunately, the same old glitches are present in this new box. So these glitches must be generic and in every TiVo V6 box that is manufactured. The technician told me that newer software was added to our new box but obviously this newer software has not done anything to iron out these recurrent glitches! So nothing has really changed.

In fact, I've had to restart this new box on 3 separate occasions thus far. And we've only had it for 2 days!! Shocking, eh?!
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 3:29:55 AM

Well, I can't believe this but now our new TiVo box that we've only had for 1 and a half months is now doing exactly the same thing as the old one! Every 15 minutes it's rebooting itself. How can this even be possible. Like I said we've only had it for over a month. I wonder if something is interfering with it.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 5:25:21 AM

And today it's working fine again! I can't get my head around these TiVo boxes.