The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Is ChatGPT the beginning of the end? Options
jim
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2022 7:07:24 PM

Groups: Member

Have you all been using or reading about ChatGPT?

Would love to hear people's thoughts.

Some of my colleagues, dismayed at the ease with which Chat GPT can...
1. Write blog posts
2. Write code
3. Debug code
4. Translate languages
5. Answer questions
6. Grade papers
7. Create games

and the list goes on...

And given that this technology is on an exponential curve, how soon before we add creating music, creating movies, writing books, doing legal research, and performing operations to the list?

How soon will be all be out of a job.

Or just driving Amazon trucks?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2022 12:05:12 PM

Hey Jim, merry Christmas!

Yes, I am familiar with Chatbot GPT. I even had a brief talk with it and it certainly knows it's stuff. The questions I asked, I got correct replies for. Like you, Jim, I'm wondering where all this is heading. Will Chatbot GPT eventually become sentient and then become a mega intelligence capable of answering the most perplexing questions of life? We'll have to wait and see...

It is getting very exciting now with all these developments.
Jon D
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 12:49:20 AM

I see much more potential for AI to replace non-physical labor jobs than I do seeing robots replace physical labor manufacturing jobs.

As far as creating music, I'm sure that's already happening but I don't see it picking up steam to the point where we are nominating AI for a grammy anytime soon. Although it couldn't be much worse than what's out there now.

Creating movies to me would be very strange to see, I get an uneasy feeling about that one lol.

I'm curious if advanced AI is being used for advice on serious world matters, and how much trust some might put into that advice.
jim
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2023 6:34:16 PM

Thanks for checking in, Jon D and EKUMA1981. Good to hear from you guys. Happy New Year to all!

Jon D wrote:
I see much more potential for AI to replace non-physical labor jobs than I do seeing robots replace physical labor manufacturing jobs.

I definitely agree here, Jon. It may happen fast, too.

Jon D wrote:
As far as creating music, I'm sure that's already happening but I don't see it picking up steam to the point where we are nominating AI for a grammy anytime soon. Although it couldn't be much worse than what's out there now.

Have you seen this one? A Nirvana song created by an AI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6eOSJgN0Y
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2023 2:21:55 AM

jim wrote:
Thanks for checking in, Jon D and EKUMA1981. Good to hear from you guys. Happy New Year to all!

Jon D wrote:

I definitely agree here, Jon. It may happen fast, too.

Jon D wrote:

Have you seen this one? A Nirvana song created by an AI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6eOSJgN0Y

I haven't seen this one. So I did read the singer is a real person, so it's more like a Nirvana cover-singer and an AI band playing. I'm not sure I feel excited about the idea of AI music in this type of copycat sense. I don't know. To me it's not very creative of an idea. Maybe AI could create some very cool sounding 90's style trance tracks. Even if they released a full copycat album from my favorite deceased singer, I still probably wouldn't give it much of a listen, as I know it's not him. I can imagine this being a prelude to eventually replacing deceased people with AI replicants, even in the non-physical manner. "Call a deceased love one, chat for hours! sounds just like them, memories intact and all! Only $2,000 an hour".

I'm more interested in the potential use for AI in areas that are not arts related. Advanced prediction, programming, exploration, self reflection. Maybe they can create an AI so advanced that it can help us advance with our ideas, the way we see things. Which brings in another topic... consciousness vs artificial intelligence, what are the boundaries?
Neo
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 6:22:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh5dN72GTQ8

jim wrote:

How soon will be all be out of a job.

Or just driving Amazon trucks?

Until they don't need us to drive themThink

There is no spoon.