The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Scaffolding left in our back garden Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2022 11:34:53 AM

Groups: Member

I really don't know what to make of this.

Last Thursday a roofer came out to replace tiles that had come off the top of our house. It was because of Storm Arwen this had occurred. So the roofer arrives with a team. But before they can begin they must erect scaffolding, probably because of health and safety laws.

Anyway, time passes and the job gets done. The roofer telephones me to say that everything is now ok. He also stated that they might not be able to take down the scaffolding until after the weekend. Why they could not have taken it down on the same day or on the Friday, I have no idea.

So yeah, we think that by Monday all will be back to normal. However, this is not the case. The scaffolding is still up. Today is Tuesday and still nothing has been done. So when are they going to return and dismantle it all?!

I just find all this odd as I thought they would need that scaffolding for other tasks. Surely they can't leave it in our back garden for much longer. Surely it's a health and safety issue too. For example, what if we injure ourselves (trip over it, bang our heads on the metal beams, etc.) What if we have another major storm and the whole thing topples over. It could injure a neighbour or damage a neighbour's property. If nobody does anything about it by the end of this week then I'm going to have to ring them up and get some answers.

Has anything like this happened to any of you guys?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2022 9:28:45 AM

Groups: Member

UPDATE:

It's all sorted now. I complained to our housing association (Thirteen Group) and we got a telephone call this morning. The lady on the line apologized and said the scaffolding should have been removed sooner.

So whoever erected the scaffolding, it was their fault.

So if I had not complained I wonder how long they would have left it there in our back garden?! Weeks, months... who knows?

That's the problem with councils, housing associations, etc. They always seem to let tenants down. They rather measure things up incorrectly or leave jobs half-finished. Problem after problem we've had over the years. I think a lot of it is down to laziness and apathy.