The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Breaking of the 5th Seal Options
terrorgoat
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:37:09 AM

Groups: Member

I'm pretty sure this is one of the Seven Seals from the bible. I've been doing some research into it and I think I found a correlation

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Star-Trek-convention-in-London-to-unite-5-captains/8623279&rss=rss-wabc-ent_story-8623279

Here's the actual quote.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled.
(--Authorized King James Version)

I mean they don't say "Picard" or "Kirk" literally, but like all religious scholars say...you have to interpret it :)

"The only true wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing."
- The Mighty Socrates (Not the fake Socrates Plato wrote about in "The Republic.")
RogerV
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:18:51 AM
Groups: Member

Well, technically they left out Jeffrey Hunter, the actor that played Captain Pike. However he died way back in 1969. So guess they'd have to bring on a medium to summon Hunter. Might make for a kind of cool panel session, though, with some questions fielded to Hunter about his role in The Cage.

Indeed, such a momentous event probably is a portent that the end of the age is nigh. London must really have a lot of suck to be able to get them all-together. But also, why didn't Seattle get this? We have the Science Fiction Museum that has actual Star Trek set artifacts - and we have the '60s mod Jetson-style Space Needle. All London has is an overly large county fair ferris wheel. Think

Is going to threaten to overshadow the Olympics, though - the PTB aren't going to be very pleased about that...