The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Psychic Phenomena Options
PAG
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:56:54 AM
Groups: Member

Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena?!

How much better would our lives be if we could live in the White Queen's kingdom, where ours memory would work backwards and forewords? For instance, in such a world, you could take an exam and then study for it afterwards to make sure you performed well in the past. Well, the good news is that according to a recent series of scientific studies by Daryl Bem, you already live in that world!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-social-thinker/201010/have-scientists-finally-discovered-evidence-psychic-phenomena

jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:50:42 PM

Groups: Member

Fascinating!

PAG, thanks so much for bringing that article to our attention. It is great to see respectable scientists from respectable institutions (my alma mater in this case) advancing this field. Excellent food for thought.

My only issue with the article is the authors statement "However, Bem's studies are unique in that they represent standard scientific methods and rely on well-established principles in psychology." Dean Radin published a comprehensive list of other experiments that follow rigorous scientific methods and came to similar conclusions back in 1997 with his book "The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena." I recommend reading it for anyone who is interested in this topic. Click below...

The Psychology Today article explores some additional ideas that I don't recall in Dean Radin's book, such as reverse causality and post-priming. Great stuff.

Thanks.