The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Planetarium Hypothesis Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:50:36 AM

Groups: Member

Interesting and relatively new idea I came across a few months ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarium_hypothesis

Another solution to the Fermi Paradox is that this universe was deliberately programmed so that only one truly intelligent species would arise (US!). If the Omega Point idea is correct then I suppose it would make sense to only have one super smart civilization. Let me elaborate. Basically, if the universe contains multiple intelligent civilizations then chaos might ensue, because each civilization might in theory want to be the first to reach the Omega Point. If you have competing intelligences battling for the O.P. crown then the universe would be ripped to pieces. Intergalactic wars, etc are avoided with only one.

However, I'm still 50/50 whether we are the only ones in the universe. There's some great UFO cases out there (Travis Walton, Rendlesham Forest, Kelly-Hopkinsville, etc), but nothing definitive.

Guillermo
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:10:05 PM

@EKUMA1981 thank you for the link, it took me to a lot a great reading at wikipedia, the more I read about simulated reality the more convinced I am that we are living in a simulation.

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2011 11:23:44 AM

I know what you mean, Guillermo. There's so much evidence for a programmed/simulated reality now, but this theory is still not getting the attention it deserves.
Neo
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 7:33:20 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
I know what you mean, Guillermo. There's so much evidence for a programmed/simulated reality now, but this theory is still not getting the attention it deserves.

Perhaps this should be the topic of a new thread?

There is no spoon.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:57:08 AM

Cool idea, Neo. We could list all the evidence for a programmed reality and evidence against. What do you think? Could be quite a long list though, lol. I think there will be more "for's" than "against's".
RogerV
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:39:49 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Cool idea, Neo. We could list all the evidence for a programmed reality and evidence against. What do you think? Could be quite a long list though, lol. I think there will be more "for's" than "against's".

It's rather straight forward to put characteristics of our reality into a column that is pro programmed reality. Yet am not so sure how a slam dunk claim could be made for an evidence that contravenes this theory and thus belongs in the "against" column.

The problem is that from the framework of a virtual reality premise, everything about our reality experience can be explained - including the phenomena that is considered in violation of a materialist reality, such as the various paranormal happenings that there is a substantial record of in the annals of human history. (The materialist camp just completely ignores all of that by pretending that all of it is imaginary, fraudulent, delusion, or mistakes of interpretation.)

Even some sort of evidence that backs the many worlds hypothesis of quantum physics would not necessarily rule out a virtual reality explanation as being the most fundamental. Most purveyors of virtual reality concepts already posit that there are other sub realities of existence other than our own. Any manner of multi-dimensional conception is trivial to subsume in terms of an information processing substrate giving rise to emergent sub realities.

Folks can refer to Sephen Wolfram's book A New Kind of Science where he explores the concept that what we dub as the physical laws of our reality may instead be emergent from underlying cellular automata computation (or something like that, i.e., information processing).

Anyone that has any passing familiarity with video games (crude virtual realities), knows that there are usually cheat codes. Cheat codes enable one to violate the "laws of nature". This illustrates how a virtual reality can have a set of physics in effect under normal circumstances, but because it's a software program, it's no problem at all to allow for "miracles". Miracles are nothing but the software permitting a different computation and hence a different emergent physics - even if only temporarily.

So a programmed reality premise has no problem whatsoever with paranormal phenomena. These kind of things are to be expected because they make the experience of reality ever so more intriguing. And if consciousness is preeminent over matter/energy, and consciousness is not going to be motivated by pure randomness with utterly no meaning behind it (ala materialism), then it is not at all surprising to find paranormal phenomena throughout the records of human existence.

It's not exactly a fair fight.

Anything that gets put in the "against" column, well, then the other side just says that could be expressed as emergent from underlying information processing. What else do you have?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:50:37 AM

Quote:
Anyone that has any passing familiarity with video games (crude virtual realities), knows that there are usually cheat codes. Cheat codes enable one to violate the "laws of nature". This illustrates how a virtual reality can have a set of physics in effect under normal circumstances, but because it's a software program, it's no problem at all to allow for "miracles". Miracles are nothing but the software permitting a different computation and hence a different emergent physics - even if only temporarily.

Hi RogerV. I have thought about this for a long time. If we are living in a simulation then there should be cheats, easter eggs, warps, etc. Some believe DMT and other entheogens are easter eggs (or special items) that are deliberately placed here on earth by the programmer(s) to allow us humans to gain access to other realities (or you could say other "levels" of the simulation). It could be that our universe is Level 1 and when we take DMT we WARP to Level 5 (although temporarily) or higher. Having played video games all my life the best example is Super Mario Bros. where the main character uses pipes to take massive short-cuts.

Also, apart from entheogens I've wondered how it might be best to take advantage of the glitches and cheats in our reality. One of the best ideas I came across was hypnosis. Using hypnosis to access or channel life-changing information from the mainframe/Akashic Records could be regarded as "cheating" as you would be taking a big short-cut to get what you want.

Techne
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 1:42:31 PM

Ekuma1981:

I really like your enthusiasm for trying to figure things like this out. But I think part of the problem might be the reasons why you would want to. Yes it's true that DMT or hypnosis\trance might take you somewhere, but what will you do there? If you found a worm hole or tunnel, what are you short cutting to? Don't take me the wrong way, I'm into this stuff as well, but there comes a point where you have to wonder what it is exactly you want from it. And lottery numbers sound nice, but in these dimensions, do you think human ego stuff belongs? Understand to reach some of these areas you have to shed human ego issues or else you can't really go there or do these special items. Something like a lotto number, is something that at the time of godmind, doesn't make sense to ask. When I've entered these altered states, there is much more pressing work to be done on things that are most bizzar. I encourage you to keep your path in figuring this all out, but I would like to know what spiritually you would like to get out of it?

P.S. Regarding simulated reality. If you are in a virtual sim. And you yourself set up the game and jumped in. It's possible you've sort of picked hard mode, cause you like it real tough. I think in ways we all do.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:31:49 PM

Thanks Techne.

Basically, I just like coming up with new ideas/ways of thinking. I watched The Spirit Molecule interviews and Marko Rodriguez's idea sounded cool, but I thought surely getting the DMT Entities to impart more useful knowledge on subjects would be a better step forward (instead of prime factors). It would also PROVE that ET's exist. Not just lotto numbers, all kinds of knowledge that could benefit society (new technology, medicine, cure for aging, etc). Maybe I am too optimistic, because I have spoken with a few people on DMT-Nexus and some are very skeptical about this (even Marko's idea). But, unless you try you never know. Any theories/ideas no matter how far-fetched or bizarre they sound (I feel) should be tested. And, if we did win the lotto imagine the types of projects we could fund and invest in all kinds of wonderful ventures. You could research all sorts, fund expeditions, fund charities, etc.

I understand that it's maybe not as easy as this as the DMT experience is complex. I've also heard that the entities sometimes don't answer questions and just giggle maniacally. Maybe the main purpose of the DMT trip is to make people more spiritually aware and connected to nature. Everything could be inextricably linked (One Mind, collective consciousness). Maybe this is why the ego is sometimes dissolved away.

As for hypnosis I suppose my main interest is the power of the mind and Akashic Records. I wanted people to seriously investigate the records and (hopefully) prove that they exist. I thought if Edgar Cayce can do it then anybody can. It's just about being in the right frame of mind. Again the potential benefits could be huge. Also, spiritual healing might be possible using these techniques like hypnosis (using the mind to heal the body, repair damaged cells, tissue). Or, it could be that you channel healing energy/information from a higher source such as the records. Very speculative I know, this is why I was trying to probe further and encourage others too.

My other personal reasons: a better understanding of how the universe operates; if human consciousness interacts with the universe and if we can influence reality (outcomes); enlightenment; to get answers to many questions that have bugged me for years; what is reality. And, conventional science and ways of thinking bore me. I like a holistic approach, so I like to include metaphysics, ufology, theology. I sort of mix ideas from different fields and try to come up with new ideas.

In my approx. 14 years of research I have been quite enlightened, but I still have unanswered questions. There's so much more I want to learn and discover.

RogerV
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 11:04:40 AM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
If we are living in a simulation then there should be cheats, easter eggs, warps, etc. Some believe DMT and other entheogens are easter eggs (or special items) that are deliberately placed here on earth by the programmer(s) to allow us humans to gain access to other realities (or you could say other "levels" of the simulation). It could be that our universe is Level 1 and when we take DMT we WARP to Level 5 (although temporarily) or higher.

Ayahuasca as used by the South American indigenous peoples as a means to achieve DMT experiences, is most remarkable from this perspective. DMT normally breaks down in the digestive system and would not make it into the blood stream. So these people brew a mixture of two plants: one contains DMT and the other provides an inhibitor that prevents the digestive system from breaking the DMT down.

So how did they come about the knowledge for achieving this particular body chemistry feat? According to traditions that their shaman maintain, the plant spirits told them this. (Their belief system is that everything is imbued with some aspect of spirit consciousness.) So using our computer game analogy, the virtual reality itself clued these people into how to access the easter egg of DMT.

For those that are intrigued by this subject, I would suggest a read of Graham Hancock's book, Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind.

What became particularly fascinating to me is that the European cave painters of 30,000 years ago were depicting iconography that is likewise described by participants in modern studies of hallucinogens. Particularly at the onset of the experience in that there is a characteristic way that these chemicals interact with the visual cortex.

Another significant theme of the ancient cave drawings and modern experiencers are the encounters with beings that combine humanoid and animal elements. (Check this gallery out.)

There is one being in particular that keeps showing up in human history, from that time period, down to the demonology of ancient Babylon, and on down to our current era in respect to some of the UFO abductees and even so-called encounters with Shadow People: the humanoid owl being.
jim
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 12:29:06 PM

I really like where this discussion is going. Great contributions, all. I can't resist also throwing in a few observations and thoughts...

First, the Planetarium Hypothesis sounds very much like the scenarios that I outlined in a 2008 paper that I called "Nanotech and the Physical Manifestation of a Reality". My thinking around some aspects of this has changed a little since then; for example, I'm no longer as against the idea of willful simulations as I was when I wrote it. Yet, it certainly seems like a plausible and likely scenario that can occur. If it seems reasonable, based on our current technology state, direction, and speed of change, then it might just be reflecting the underlying reality. It's kind of like how we design video games based on what we know and what we are comfortable with. So might we design our reality based loosely on an underlying reality.

It certainly explains the Fermi Paradox; yet we really don't have to invoke something like the Planetarium Hypothesis to explain that. It could be as simple as the ability of advanced beings to be cloaked from our perception in all of its forms.

EKUMA1981's idea of a place to put a list of evidence makes me think that we might need a better mechanism on this site to create content. This Forum is fine, but it is hard for people to collaborate on building something. I've been kicking around the idea of adding a Wiki to the site. It could give everyone a place to add all sorts of thoughts and content. What do you think?

Techne wrote:
Regarding simulated reality. If you are in a virtual sim. And you yourself set up the game and jumped in. It's possible you've sort of picked hard mode, cause you like it real tough. I think in ways we all do.

Techne, this reminds me a lot of the common theme that runs through Edgar Cayce's metaphysical readings, as well as hypnotic regressions and Shamanistic beliefs that we design our own "life" (or "sim" if you will) and make it as difficult as is necessary to learn what it is that we need to get to the next level. If you think about it, don't we only really learn (or, at least, learn the most) from failure?

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Everything could be inextricably linked (One Mind, collective consciousness). Maybe this is why the ego is sometimes dissolved away.

Yes! Perhaps the brain acts as much as a "firewall" as it does a processing mechanism. What I mean by that is that the brain may provide the necessary "separation" that we need from the collective consciousness in order for us to feel like we have a specific identity. Remember that it was only after Edgar Cayce had an injury to his head that he developed this ability to connect to what he called "The Source."

For me, this is about the search for truth. But, also, from a practical side, having some knowledge about that truth can really shape your view of everything. Imagine how different you would carry out life decisions (and probably for the better) if you knew that there was life after death as opposed to believing in "lights out."

RogerV wrote:
For those that are intrigued by this subject, I would suggest a read of Graham Hancock's book, Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind.

+1 on the idea of reading that book - it is excellent. Coupled with Rick Strassman's "DMT: The Spirit Molecule", you can't help but look at the world with a different perspective. I would also add Frank Tipler's "The Physics of Immortality" because, although it seems like a very different subject, it ties in really nicely with these ideas, and in fact suggests both the likely future of our universe ("sim") as well as considering the possibility that it has already occurred the way he describes. It was a little tough to get through, but worth the effort.
Tracy
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 12:31:21 PM

Tracy
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 12:38:29 PM

Maybe a fine tuned reality is tuned to a specific 'target?' Like Earth?
Personally, I believe there is life beyond this planet.
It's just not the sort of life a 'materialist' would recognize, even if it bit them in the face. d'oh!
Tracy
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:45:54 PM

Odd, after reading this initially, the 'real world' started showing me The Omega Symbol.' Eh?