The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Things That Exist That We Can't Even Feel Options
jim
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:10:49 PM

Groups: Member

Hot on the heels of my last blog, "Things We Can't See", I have posted the second of this 2-part series, "Things We Can't Feel - The Mystery Deepens."

I am fascinated with the ideas about the nature of matter and the very real possibilities that it can be of such a form as to be totally imperceptible to us.
terrorgoat
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:15:44 PM

Sorry Jim, I got too excited and created an "alternative" post to this one. Post deleted, back on track :)

Neutrinos...I wish I was more versed in science to be able to grasp them and the higgs boson, but I have no desire to delve into it. When Jim mentions that there are particles we can't sense, and that we there may be macro entities we can't sense as well, this gives me great joy. The big question is, how do we actually experience reality in a less mundane way without compromising sanity (which could be looked at as a very boring way to look at the world.)

What do you guys think?

"The only true wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing."
- The Mighty Socrates (Not the fake Socrates Plato wrote about in "The Republic.")
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:50:05 AM

I love the topic of the unobserved. Not just for humans, but even for machines we use to detect or observe. Some things are just undetectable. Some could call it nominalism (even the forum spell-checker doesn't like that word nominalism). The realists or existentialists think there is a universal reality and that if it is not detectable, then it does not exists - meaning what is real for me is the same as what is real for you or anybody. The nominalist thinks that reality only exists as an extension of the concept of its being -- but, that gives rise to solipsism and this idea that the self is the center of everything. Programmed reality is the only alternative school of thought that I have seen which works in all situations and does not require the self to be the center of everything. If we simply accept the fact that there is such thing as the unobserved (matter and energy included) then we might be able to look at reality in broader terms.

I think I have posted this quite a few times -- not quite as often as Neo's "there is no spoon" -- but both have similar meaning.
JDLaws New Laws of Light Speed
1. The observed speed of light in any reference frame is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.
2. No mass, energy, or quantum particle can be observed directly by another mass energy or quantum particle that has a greater relative difference in velocity than 299,792,458 meters per second.
3. Where two masses, energies, or quantum particles are moving, spinning, or vibrating with velocities separated by greater than 299,792,458 meters per second relative to each other they must exist in a different quantum realities. However, a third mass, energy or quantum particle whose relative velocity is between the two may observe them both.
4. This reality is finite, but the number of realities is infinite.
5. There is another reference frame in some reality that exists somewhere or sometime where this reference frame, you are in right now, is moving at the speed of light relative to that other reference frame.