The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Questions for Jim Options
LoneCrowe
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 6:57:18 AM
Groups: Member

I'm almost done your book, I'm in the last chapter now. So far I really don't need to give a review because I was already a fan of what you were trying to do from the start. It was almost everything put together into a nice read, with good backing to your arguments. I'm already giving it 4.5/5 stars. (Can't be perfect, need to strive to be better!)

There were a few things on my mind and I'll post them here as I remember them. I'm just posting some thoughts as well. But the one thing I sort of read into was the fact that you think possibly the universe is not as "old" as we think and that maybe it was "fast forwarded" to our time? Since it is a program the simulation could be advanced or rewound almost and then insert us into the realm. Did I read into that wrong? Or do you think the universe of this simulation according to our sense of time is about 15Billion years old? Or do you think it was simulated that long and the world was created and we are really the only world?

I'm still sort of torn on this idea. We've always been brought up thinking the Earth is the center of the universe and humans are the top of the food chain. There was only 1 god and he only visited this planet etc. The religious idea that we are so special sort of has me torn because I was brought up catholic, and though I am not really christian anymore, I still try and live by the principles of the original teachings of Jesus. Some of the religious writings and other non mainstream things I've read sort of lean toward the fact that what we are living in is really a fishbowl. The firmament etc is all a fraud and an illusion. Planet Earth really is the only reality.

I mean that sure doesn't explain dinosaurs etc but if it is a simulation maybe they ran simulations and primates, and other beings were taking too long to evolve so they jumped us forward and reprogrammed what we were and placed us on the planet to watch the results. I mean DNA is a complex program and has infinite possibilities. Maybe the grand architect / programmer plays around and gives us free will and he lets the simulation run for a predetermined and calculated time. If we are not "good enough" for the programmers he wipes the program and starts a new form.

The whole alien hybrid agenda seems like that is the course of action. Have you read Colonel Corso's book? Or any of the others you start to get an idea that the aliens are actually no entirely biological that they are more bio-mechanical beings, bred for space travel and harsh conditions. Yet we know they have been creating hybrid babies and some have grown up already now since the program started. Yes UFO's do exist (I've seen them and know many who have as well up close). Maybe they are doing "god's work" by adjusting the program.

It sort of puts the hierarchy in place for your theory. The Angels are not necessarily "Gods" but they are also not humans. They are messengers and they do Gods work. They could be the "agents" in the matrix so to speak.

Anyway, I'm just writing down what was on my mind after reading some more last night.

The analogies of the synchronistic events were perfect. Like the example of the boy knocking his favorite cd out of a girl's bag by accident as a nudge. That all plays into the "secret" about thoughts creating reality. It also creates events like that that you have to be mindful of jumping on when they happen.

The "secret" or law of attraction is nothing new, its a zen thing thats been around for a long time. But that is a whole other topic though that I've tested with my wife and oddly enough it does work to a degree. It works both ways.
jim
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:06:46 PM

Hi LoneCrowe,

I'm so glad that you have enjoyed the book so far - and especially that it has prompted some questioning on your part about the nature of reality. That's what it is all about, isn't it?

I have to say up front that I really don't "believe" or "think" one thing or another. I tend to think in terms of possibilities, supporting evidence for various scenarios, and perhaps the probabilities of those scenarios being true. Questioning the nature of reality is so difficult because it is so counter-intuitive to believe something that is radically different from what we are conditioned to believe. Even the scientists at IQOQI, who determined experimentally that objective reality doesn't exist - to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude (meaning that the likelihood that they were mistaken was 1 in 10000000000<70 more zeros>) - when asked what they really thought, they admitted that they had a hard time believing their results.

So, do I believe that we live in a simulation that was "booted" at some point much more recent than the apparent age of the universe? Not necessarily. But the evidence certainly leans that way. If we are indeed in a simulation, it would make no sense to me to have to have simulated billions of years of nothingness and nearly 15 billion years of lack of sentience.

I haven't read Colonel Corso's book, but am fairly familiar with various views on aliens, and the abduction phenomenon. I offer my own views on the existence of ET here. But, if the simulation idea is right, then all of the UFO stuff may simply be artifacts of the program, perhaps NPCs (non-player characters, like Agent Smith), or perhaps avatars of real player characters from another "space." If NPCs (I would tend to lean in this direction), their purpose is a mystery, but their movements, behavior, and ephemeral nature are easily explained.

Hope that helps! Would be interested to hear if anyone else has thoughts on these topics.
LoneCrowe
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:48:48 AM

jim wrote:
Hi LoneCrowe,

I'm so glad that you have enjoyed the book so far - and especially that it has prompted some questioning on your part about the nature of reality. That's what it is all about, isn't it?

I have to say up front that I really don't "believe" or "think" one thing or another. I tend to think in terms of possibilities, supporting evidence for various scenarios, and perhaps the probabilities of those scenarios being true. Questioning the nature of reality is so difficult because it is so counter-intuitive to believe something that is radically different from what we are conditioned to believe. Even the scientists at IQOQI, who determined experimentally that objective reality doesn't exist - to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude (meaning that the likelihood that they were mistaken was 1 in 10000000000<70 more zeros>) - when asked what they really thought, they admitted that they had a hard time believing their results.

So, do I believe that we live in a simulation that was "booted" at some point much more recent than the apparent age of the universe? Not necessarily. But the evidence certainly leans that way. If we are indeed in a simulation, it would make no sense to me to have to have simulated billions of years of nothingness and nearly 15 billion years of lack of sentience.

I haven't read Colonel Corso's book, but am fairly familiar with various views on aliens, and the abduction phenomenon. I offer my own views on the existence of ET here. But, if the simulation idea is right, then all of the UFO stuff may simply be artifacts of the program, perhaps NPCs (non-player characters, like Agent Smith), or perhaps avatars of real player characters from another "space." If NPCs (I would tend to lean in this direction), their purpose is a mystery, but their movements, behavior, and ephemeral nature are easily explained.

Hope that helps! Would be interested to hear if anyone else has thoughts on these topics.

I was reading near the end of the book as you go over this. The whole NPC idea is quite funny, and possibly true. But what is an NPC if we are all computer simulations? I mean if we have DNA in us, we are a program. Consciousness though individual and singular does seem to follow patterns. Patterns are the nature of the universe. So are we really able to have free will? Or are we behaving in a predetermined pattern just like any other AI would? Who's to say we are not NPC's ourselves but do not know it?

I sort of thought about how our memories could not maybe be real and things were fast forwarded. I just think the universe is much much bigger than we think and I find it hard to believe we humans with our petty little fleshy brains could comprehend the true nature of the universe. I think you are the closest to putting it to paper though.

Thanks for the reply, I'm always interested in reading anything you have to say.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:22:40 AM

Jim, do you have more info on the work done at IQOQI (link, PDF?). I have not heard about this research before.

Nick Bostrom was the same when he invented his trichotomy 'Simulation Argument'. Even though it more or less concluded that we are certainly living in a simulation, he believes that this is NOT the case. I think he found it too much to swallow too.
jim
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:09:25 PM

LoneCrowe wrote:

I was reading near the end of the book as you go over this. The whole NPC idea is quite funny, and possibly true. But what is an NPC if we are all computer simulations? I mean if we have DNA in us, we are a program. Consciousness though individual and singular does seem to follow patterns. Patterns are the nature of the universe. So are we really able to have free will? Or are we behaving in a predetermined pattern just like any other AI would? Who's to say we are not NPC's ourselves but do not know it?

Good question, LoneCrowe. I tend to look at this stuff a little bit differently perhaps. Although I generally don't have strong beliefs, one belief that I have that is fairly strong, due to the preponderance of evidence, is that we are more than a program ourselves. I tend to think our bodies are more like avatars and that the soul - that which really defines us - is elsewhere, fully enjoying free will. DNA is probably not really a program. Even the idea of it as a "blueprint" is questionable because there isn't enough information in it to make us as unique as we are. It does appear to be a data store that is related to some high level genetic properties. Perhaps the rest of what defines our bodies is a result of the processing of this data, but also maybe the results of external stimuli.

EKUMA1981 wrote:

Jim, do you have more info on the work done at IQOQI (link, PDF?). I have not heard about this research before.

EKUMA1981, this article from Seed magazine may be the best and more approachable article on the good work that IQOQI does on the nature of reality. Their site is here (some material in German, some in English).
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:51:00 PM

I believe in a soul and a divinity as well. I am just throwing it out there that maybe we are programmed to be a certain way and it is our consciousness that has to push these bodies into a new areas and ideas beyond its programming. Our bodies of of this world and our consciousness is not. One thing for sure I'm positive after having third eye visions and other experiences that under our reality our brain is still working in other areas and places beyond our attention. I've been able to focus my attention on something and realize my brain's site was somewhere totally different doing something else entirely. There is a duality about us. Some say we have 3 things. A mind, a soul and a spirit. That is the trinity. Father son and holy ghost.. ? Maybe the blending of our mind and our soul is what gives birth to the spirit. There was some eastern teaching I read that says when we die there is a separation from who we are back to who we were. Or become something else. Meaning there is a SPLIT, some returns and will grow and split again sort of like a cell divides. That is why we lose much of our memory when we are born.