The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Omnipotence Options
Atticus
Posted: Saturday, June 9, 2012 11:14:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hey all, just found the site/forum via H+. Loved reading "The Universe - Solved!" too. I'm also a big fan of Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near".

So, to start off, I'm wondering if anybody's ever considered that this Programmed Reality (hey, it could even be true ;) is just a time-killer cuz we're bored of being all-powerful beings that COULD have any reality they want, but choose this kind of life because it isn't quite so easy as the other kinds?

Also, what about NPCs? Could there be many of them in the reality?

Thanks!

-Atticus
RogerV
Posted: Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:06:44 PM

Hi Atticus and welcome!

I say I love your particular question as at the end of the day, beyond knowing the how of things, we really much want to know the why of things.

Someone that is a regular on this forum once posted, in response to your line of question, that "We like it hard" - as a kind of explanation as to why our so-called virtual reality experience is not necessarily a cake walk.

Wish I could remember who that was and could link to the reference. No doubt somebody will be able to.

Tom Campbell, a physicist that has a theory that he dubs My Big TOE says that the consciousness of super-reality is constantly evolving in a process of lowering entropy. These virtual reality experiences are designed as part of that process of evolving our eternal consciousness selves.

There are a lot of spiritual views, both contemporary and ancient, that more or less frame things along those lines too.

--RogerV
Guillermo
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 1:51:09 AM

Take a look at this video, is funny and it illustrates some sort of vurtual reality:
Play

Quote:
Play imagines a not-too-distant future where video games have become indistinguishable from reality. These fully immersive games are nested inside each other like Russian dolls — each new game emerging from another and connecting backwards with increasing complexity. One moment, a player is a Japanese schoolgirl embroiled in a pillow fight with her girlfriends — and the next moment, the player has suddenly morphed into a scandalized state senator defending himself against a throng of angry reporters.

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:23:42 PM

Russian dolls explains it perfectly.

The 7 layers of heaven..