The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

DOOMSDAY 2012 Options
LadyBe
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:17:00 PM
Groups: Member

I JUST HAVE TO ASK SINCE I FIND IT MOST INTERESTING (PROBABLY NOT THE BEST CHOICE OF WORDS) WHAT A
GOOD PORTION OF AMERICA IS DOING--BUILDING BUNKERS AND STOCKPILING FOOD AND WEAPONS AND BUILDING
HOMES UNDER GROUND TO AVOID SOME IF NOT ALL THE FALLOUT THEY ANTICIPATE. THEY ARE TALKING MARTIAL LAW
AND IT WORRIES ME TO THINK THAT MY FAMILY IS NOT PREPARED AND THERE IS NO MONEY TO BUY A BUNKER AND
WEAPONS AND FOOD FOR 2 OR 3 YEARS. ARE YOUR FAMILIES PREPARED? YOUR NEIGHBORS? WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS
ON ALL OF THIS?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:48:59 PM

IMO I think it's just people with too much time on their hands! We've been through this all before. I don't believe in 'Doomsday scenarios'. I feel that the universe needs us (yes, us humans) to evolve to the next stage of its evolution. So, wiping us out would be illogical.
Techne
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:42:53 PM

It took me 12 years to tunnel out my shelter. It's 80 feet underground and has a working bathroom. I have plenty of board games and a deck of cards. I actually dug over into my neighbor's yard and worked my way up under his living room floor. I spend lots of time listening to him and his wife arguing. Most of the times it's over silly things like her burning dinner, which she does a lot ;D But as of recently he's been upset over her seeing someone else. Anyways I have plenty of guns and cases of canned hotdogs. Just kidding around, I don't believe in this stuff personally. I don't have a shelter

I think that it's like anything else. If your into it and believe it, you want the best and biggest. The guys saying it is going to happen, just so happen to also make money off it. It's all fun and games to listen to it, but i would be weary of getting stressed over it. Of course people that did spend time and money investing in it will want to feel smart, which involves spreading fear and making everyone else seem unprepared.

Besides if it happens, do you really want to have to live in the aftermath? You know they never seem to talk about people going mad having to live in such tight quarters with each other. Families fight in a world that's great even with spaces to retreat to. I can't imagine them not ripping each other to peices in one of these bunkers.