The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What is your earliest memory? Options
LoneCrowe
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:56:47 AM
Groups: Member

I've had this debate with my wife quite a bit about when we are humans become "conscious". I am watching this unfold with my child as we speak. He seems conscious to me but I know he will not remember any of it at his age. But I notice as his hands get more agile and he discovers his feet and that he is alive it makes me try hard to think of these things - did they happen to me?

What is your earliest childhood thought? I can only remember vaguely the first time I was able to hold the bottle entirely on my own without my mom. I remember being in a carrier of some sort. I also remember being about 3 or 4 and wondering "who am I?" and feeling depressed about it all. There are all sorts of small little memories. My first nightmare was about a policeman chasing me and shooting me. My first dream was about a rattle or some baby toys.

But one really odd attached dream is of me flying around a house and feeling excited and almost ecstatic that I was coming into the world again. It feels like "again" but this was after I had already been born. I remember liking the the kid who I was going to be and loving my parents and being extremely excited about it all. Do we really enter the brain / body when we are born, or are we developed like a seed creates new life? That feeling of the earliest memory I have is of pure joy and it is beyond description. It is very very difficult to remember but there are times I can get pieces of it. This really makes me wonder was it just a dream maybe of my father making me fly as a child as I do with my son? Or was I really outside my body?

What is your earliest memory?
RogerV
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 1:04:02 PM

LoneCrowe wrote:
What is your earliest memory?

My earliest is sitting on a wood floor in front of a black & white TV watching the JFK funeral procession. Was born in Aug. '61 and JFK was executed in Nov. '63. So was fairly young.

I've read, of course, of people presumably being regressed via hypnotism all the way back to time of birth memories. Then they naturally zoom right past that moment on to past life experiences.

The NDE folks usually report undergoing a life review process and some recount that involves the intermixing of previous life events as well. (A kind of NDE confirmation of reincarnation hypothesis.)

I can imagine that going something like:

"Well, you screwed up on this, and now look here in these previous lives - you were making the same stupid mistake. You haven't learned a damn thing - guess we'll toss you back for yet another go at it."

Being prone to a streak of snarkiness now and then, my refrain might be something like:

"If you'd drop that Veil of Forgetfullness BS then I'd be able to benefit from the experiences of those previous past lives. You're kind of stacking the deck for karma failure dude! Can I fill out a complaint to the Big Guy about that?"

Knowing my luck, I'll get some sort of evolution-of-soul counselor that was one of my drill sergeants at Fort Knox.
Tracy
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 1:38:33 PM

I'm not sure what my earliest memory is.
I want to say it was watching tv, which was showing me images of this guy walking around on the moon.
Or maybe trains, I loved trains. Back in the day when people were going to the moon trains were everywhere (here on Earth at the time I mean). The railroad even went along the outskirts of every little village, like the one I grew up in, you couldn't go anywhere without coming to a railroad crossing. Or maybe lp records, I had a little box of a record player, I remember Johnny Cash (live at San Quinton, I think), and The Rolling Stones, Big Hits-High Tide And Green Grass (for some reason, as a child I loved the songs "Get Off Of My Cloud", "19th Nervous Breakdown", and everything by Johnny Cash).
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:01:48 PM

Wow that is 2 of you both having first recollections in front of a TV... I guess it can be more impressionable than we thought on younger minds.
Tracy
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 5:01:26 PM

LoneCrowe:
My earliest memories of tv I remember quite clearly, Dad Sitting in his chair, I would be playing with my hot wheels cars on the floor, then I'd notice something on tv.
Not only that, I've found that most 'coincidence' I experience is some odd synchronicity, some odd connection to something I experience in the 'real world' and something in some form of electronic media, radio, television, or the internet. Eh? Think
LoneCrowe
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 7:16:13 PM

Tracy wrote:
LoneCrowe:
My earliest memories of tv I remember quite clearly, Dad Sitting in his chair, I would be playing with my hot wheels cars on the floor, then I'd notice something on tv.
Not only that, I've found that most 'coincidence' I experience is some odd synchronicity, some odd connection to something I experience in the 'real world' and something in some form of electronic media, radio, television, or the internet. Eh? Think

Not me.. I get the coincidences on cash register receipts, license plates, phone numbers truck numbers clock numbers, and books, checks, tools, manuals etc. All aspects of life are connected to synchronicity. It was around well before our technology was.

But the one media (of many) synchronicities I've had was I had taped Coast to Coast and was driving a truck at the time and was listening to a show about Money and they were talking about the book about Jekyl Island and as they mentioned it I was actually driving right past a sign for that spot. I had never heard of it before or the book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" but I took that as a sign to get the book and read it. Now I am much more informed about the worldly banking fraud we are all slaves to.
RogerV
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 7:41:27 AM

LoneCrowe wrote:
But the one media (of many) synchronicities I've had was I had taped Coast to Coast and was driving a truck at the time and was listening to a show about Money and they were talking about the book about Jekyl Island and as they mentioned it I was actually driving right past a sign for that spot. I had never heard of it before or the book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" but I took that as a sign to get the book and read it. Now I am much more informed about the worldly banking fraud we are all slaves to.

Synchronicity in respect to books seems to be one that surfaces as an anecdotal story a good bit.

I have no basis to really substantiate this in any objective manner, but over the years I've had this gut sense that a lot of my book collection I've been lead to acquire as essentially "course curriculum material".

Okay, here's an anecdotal account:

I did this significant purchase of books in the late '90s - like non-canonical ancient religious writings (e.g., Book of Enoch). One amongst these was Elaine Pagel's 1979 book on the Nag Hammadi Gnostic writings. For some reason I really wasn't interested in reading it at the time, and it eventually went into the garage stored away. Then over a decade later I go through those books and put some on the book shelf because I had new book space capacity. So then it sits on the book shelf a few years. Then one day I'm surveying the books on the shelf and realize I hadn't read this one yet. And I was thinking I didn't really know enough about historical Gnosticism. Quickly devoured that book, several more by Elaine Pagel, and several more by other authors.

At this particular time I was really ready to read about this whereas in years previous I wasn't at the right place mentally yet. However, in now having direct experience of strange stuff, I was relating to these ancient Gnostics - the Demiurge, the Daemon/Eidolon, Archons, direct ecstatic/gnosis experience, etc. These things were all lining up directly for me and corresponding to my personal gnosis and/or years of prior research.

IOW, me things our Higher Self steers us through a course curriculum that is tailored to our particular pathway/growth.
Tracy
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:45:45 PM

LoneCrowe:
Quote:
Wow that is 2 of you both having first recollections in front of a TV... I guess it can be more impressionable than we thought on younger minds.

Even more so (maybe?) than vinyl lp records and comic books!?!?
At that age I had a portable record player (like the one Stimpy had when he was playing "The Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy Song"), I was listening to everything by Johnny Cash at that time, and a compilation album "Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass)" by The Rolling Stones. And I have early memories of comic books, The Fantastic Four (I liked the one I called "rockman").
Then there were trains, always trains. Trains were everywhere.
I'd have to say that it was images I saw on tv that stood out first.Think
Tracy
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:49:43 PM

Mom and Dad tell me I would throw a fit if we missed Gunsmoke.Think
LadyBe
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:42:11 PM

The earliest memory I had in my life was when I was 3 years and 2 months old. When I got a little older and had this
recurring dream over and over again, I told my grandmother about it and strangely the day that I remember was when
my father died. What I don't understand however is what or whom decided that I should remember that day so clearly if
at all? There were no conscious members in my life prior to that day that I can recall. My details and recall of that day
are very accurate. I described every detail that I remembered of that day and my grandmother said all the details were
correct.