The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Drones seem like such a downer. Options
Techne
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:39:54 PM
Groups: Member

So, I'm not sure how to go about this. But the other night I decided to have a night out at a secluded spot up on this mountain. I've been going there since I was a in my teens. Usually it's to party or hang out. But, the other night was more of spiritual thing including some psychedelic influence. So I'm sitting there thinking about the future path man is taking. That coupled with me being a little scared I might get in trouble being there after dark ended up producing the idea of drones ruining everything. I was thinking, what if a helicopter was to cruze by with some type of thermal imaging. Scanned me on the rocks and sent a message to the cops to come get me. That led to the idea of these drones they want to supposedly build and put into american air space. I hear they want 30,000 up there.

I could imagine a time in the future when you really couldn't go into places after dark. It felt like a deliberate attempt to squash the very thing I was doing. Which I believe people have done since the dawn of humanity. I know for sure that for at least a hundred years others have sat on the same rocks doing the same spiritual quests. To think of that place being shut down is insane.

That led me to imagine a time in the near future when a person my age would go there any way. After dark and wait for the drones to mark his spot. A few minutes later a smaller drone would appear in the woods, flashing it lights. It would try to scan his face to log and ticket him. Only he would be wearing a mask, and he wouldn't be alone. The drone would be theirs.
jim
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2012 6:51:21 PM

Groups: Member

Microchips. GPS. Drones. RFID. Surveillance cams. Face recognition.

There will come a time when privacy will not exist as we know it today. It has already eroded compared to the previous generation and most people in the younger generation do not know what they are missing and hence don't care.

I can think of two consolations, though:

1. There are too many of "us" and to few of "them" for focused surveillance to be possible on everyone. If we all go to a secluded spot somewhere on a mountain at the same time, there won't be enough humans to pay attention to everyone. So, the drones/robots/AI will register everything, but only trigger alerts when something out of the normal happens. Quiet introspection (even with psychedelic aid) probably won't warrant an alert.

2. Despite advances in mind-reading, we will probably engineer mind-reading blocks to stay a step ahead of the ultimate privacy invasion.