The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Jurgen Schmidhuber on Through the Wormhole Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 11:39:57 AM

Groups: Member

Hello everybody. I was just watching Through The Wormhole (narrated by Morgan Freeman.) There was a guy on the show called Jurgen Schmidhuber. He says he wants to create an AI machine that is smarter than he and the rest of the world. He desires this because he wants the AI mind to formulate a TOE (actually, he wants the machine to find the shortest program that generates the universe.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFWXZRLQhg

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Might there be an easier way of acquiring this information, this program? How about if you access the Akashic records/Database/whatever and glean the info from there? Be a short-cut, wouldn't it? I know I've mentioned similar things in the past, but when are scientists gonna wake up to other concepts and possible benefits they may bring?
RogerV
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:15:38 AM
Groups: Member

If according to John Von Neuman in his 1932 mathematical formulation of Quantum Mechanics, that consciousness (the observer) is apart from the "substance" of the universe at large, thus positing a separate observer as the only means by which to achieve a collapse of the wave function, then consciousness is very special. Any AI constructed of the "substance" of the universe at large would not be true consciousness.

(Without positing the specialness of the observer, then a purely physical mind (i.e, the physical brain) of an observer would, strictly speaking, need to be incorporated into the quantum potential wave function - it effectively is part of the system under consideration. Yet this would give rise to a paradoxical situation and QM would no longer be calculable. The well proven mathematical underpinning of QM is what mandates the special nature of the observer, and hence consciousness.)

If consciousness is indeed something separate, in some sense, from (what I think is) the virtual reality of the cosmos, it is likely that only consciousness is capable of accessing the Akashic record. Which means one will have to rely on talented psychics to go about the business of doing remote viewing and such.

Materialist don't like such messy propositions - they'd prefer everything could be dealt with in the mechanistic manner that they imagine all things to consist of and be the product of. Hence they go after the goal of a mechanistic super intelligence.

Frank Herbert's Dune may have had it right with his Mentats, though, as the most powerful form of mind will be that which can examine and contemplate the meta reality.

Am going to write-up an idea for how this form of consciousness can be super amplified by intimate augmentation with mechanistic intelligence, though. Is based on conclusions I've come to as seen from evidence of QM characteristics found in biology over the last 15 years.