Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Will be on Coast to Coast AM on 10/17/12 Options
jim
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:52:24 PM

Groups: Member

EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:04:46 AM

Ah great, it's the third time you've been on, isn't it, Jim?

Also, it feels like it's a good time to ask - do you still believe that there will be no singularity and that exponential growth is slowing down? I can't tell yet myself, but I know that the PS4, Xbox 720 should have been released by now.

And, I've noticed increased articles online about the simulation hypothesis, even physicists trying to look for evidence that this is indeed the case. Will you be mentioning this on the show?

Hey, just thought, we may get new members joining too soon after the broadcast.

jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:46:13 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Ah great, it's the third time you've been on, isn't it, Jim?

Also, it feels like it's a good time to ask - do you still believe that there will be no singularity and that exponential growth is slowing down? I can't tell yet myself, but I know that the PS4, Xbox 720 should have been released by now.

And, I've noticed increased articles online about the simulation hypothesis, even physicists trying to look for evidence that this is indeed the case. Will you be mentioning this on the show?

Hey, just thought, we may get new members joining too soon after the broadcast.

Thanks, EKUMA1981. Fourth time actually. :)

I still don't see the singularity happening by 2045, if at all. Yet, I am considering a different idea - that the programming may not be due to any particular intent, but rather a product of a natural selection process. This is Tom Campbells POV and is quite compelling.

Yes, there has been a sudden increase in articles about a world made of data and/or a simulation hypothesis. Good to see, actually. I will be mentioning that and am working on a blog post about it as well. Cheers!
NikoTes3
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:01:56 AM

That was a "COOL!" show on CTCAM .......Jim!

Nikola.
Vf18.0301A_NT~
~^
RogerV
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 1:13:51 AM

Well, I missed it on the day of, but the wife and I listened to the mp3 downloads the next day.

Thought you did a good job, Jim, and you had some good callers to boot.

This space seems to be heating up. Does indeed seem like the virtual reality and the universe is essentially information idea is getting a bit more attention these days from the more mainstream circles.

And speaking of this subject area heating up, in the metaphysics realm, Cloud Atlas will start in theaters Oct. 26. It will depict the connective threads of lives as individuals re-incarnate into different life times and continue to intersect with what would be dubbed as their Soul Group in the vernacular. Has a strong cast of actors with Tom Hanks leading the list.

--RogerV
jim
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:00:08 PM

NikoTes3 wrote:
That was a "COOL!" show on CTCAM .......Jim!

Nikola.
Vf18.0301A_NT~
~^

Welcome to the Forum, NikoTes3. Great to have you. And thanks for the feedback on the C2C show.

RogerV wrote:
Thought you did a good job, Jim, and you had some good callers to boot.

Yes, there were some interesting callers - I enjoyed that last hour of call ins. I always wonder if some of the writers that explore ideas like on "Cloud Atlas" have been influenced by some of the ideas on sites like this. Let me know, RogerV, if you see that movie and what you thought. I don't think I'll be getting to the theater until "Skyfall" opens.
Techne
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:49:02 PM

great interview as always jim

I had to subscribe for a month to listen. lol
I used to have a coast to coast subscription, it'll be fun to get a bunch new stuff to listen to.

As far as the interview. I wish on some topics people had read your book. There's a few keys examples you give in the book that I feel really lay it out. And you only sometimes pull them out. For example. You do usually open with the idea of odds against being in the one and only universe. Using the idea that if you believe we will reach this tech, ect.... I love that one. But you should add in from your book the idea of the woman in front of the mirror and how her senses are high jacked to make her believe she is a monkey. And the other thing you spell out in the book real well is the idea of the random generated towns. How you could break that down in computer terms.

All in all it was a good one. I have to say, dmt was brought up by a caller. You said ultimately you were to busy. You know it only takes 10 mins?
RogerV
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 3:19:30 PM

Techne wrote:
All in all it was a good one. I have to say, dmt was brought up by a caller. You said ultimately you were to busy. You know it only takes 10 mins?

Techne, what are you suggesting as a means of experiencing dmt? Joining one of the churches that use Ayahuasca as a sacrament?
Techne
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 3:52:42 PM

Well being he is busy. And also being he has little to no experience with psycodelics. I would suggest smoking it. It doesn't last long.
jim
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:14:44 PM

Techne wrote:
great interview as always jim

I had to subscribe for a month to listen. lol
I used to have a coast to coast subscription, it'll be fun to get a bunch new stuff to listen to.

As far as the interview. I wish on some topics people had read your book. There's a few keys examples you give in the book that I feel really lay it out. And you only sometimes pull them out. For example. You do usually open with the idea of odds against being in the one and only universe. Using the idea that if you believe we will reach this tech, ect.... I love that one. But you should add in from your book the idea of the woman in front of the mirror and how her senses are high jacked to make her believe she is a monkey. And the other thing you spell out in the book real well is the idea of the random generated towns. How you could break that down in computer terms.

Thanks for the suggestions, Techne. I do like those examples from the book, but I didn't want some of the listeners to feel that they've heard it all before so I tried to focus on some of the new areas that I've been researching, such as the nature of matter and consciousness. There is really so much one can discuss on this topic, right?

By the way, my thing with DMT was not lack of time, but lack of permission, if you know what I mean. :) Lack of time is my excuse for not doing a better job of meditating. But it is really a poor excuse!