The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Checkmate..... Options
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 5:40:06 AM
Groups: Member

What about a new mathematical system where zero represents a mathematical everything. Where zero is genuinely infinite. All very abstract I know!! In this new system we need to treat zero as the largest value which includes the already vast infinities of negative and positive numbers, as shown below:

(1+ (-1)) + (2+ (-2)) + (3+ (-3)) + (4+ (-4)) + ................... = 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + ........ = ZERO

Here zero has become an infinite WHOLE which includes all numbers both positive and negative.

Here is an excerpt from Chapter 20 of Gevin Giorbran's book "Everything Forever" which explains all of this in beautiful detail.

Also note the quote on the RHS by Isacc Asimov: "Where did the substance of the Universe come from? .. If 0 equals (+1) + (-1) then something which is zero might just as well become (-1) and (+1) .............."
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:47:06 AM

It has come to my notice that there was an error in my previous post on bifurcation. Sorry.

I used the tetracube (4-cube) or tesseract to represent Minkowski's unified 3D + T = 4D space-time continuum, which is not a Euclidean space. The tesseract represents Hinton's 4D Euclidean space, only. The former (i.e Minkowski's space) is a dynamic mathematical concept. The latter a geometric figure.

So, at the 4th level in the bifurcation process, we have 2^4 = 16 permutations of yin and yang, viz, yin/yin/yin/yin, yin/yin/yin/yang ........ and so on, to give the 16 co-ordinate vertices of the tetracube in 4D Euclidean space.

Time as the 4th dimension doesn't seem to fit very well in this binary fractal program!!

Even though I would prefer to keep the symbolism of the Hexagram within the bounds of 3D space for the time being, it is still possible to use it to symbolise 4D Euclidean space (remember the Hex has multiple layers of meaning!).

In light of the above, I should slightly modify my previous post to read:

The Hexagram configured by a space cube (lower trigram) with another space cube (upper trigram) symbolises matter in motion or motion in space i.e. motion from cube to cube in 3D cellular automata space.

I could probably add more but before I do I need to give it a lot more thought!!
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:21:50 AM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:

Time as the 4th dimension doesn't seem to fit very well in this binary fractal program!!

Interestingly, I found this article at Phys.org - "Scientists suggest spacetime has no time dimension"

http://phys.org/news/2011-04-scientists-spacetime-dimension.html

jim
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:02:18 PM

Hey "Bot"-tee-licious, I thought you might be interested to know that I linked to your latest post in reference to my response to Jon D's question on parallel realities and dreaming. Would love to hear your thoughts on that one too.

http://www.theuniversesolved.com/theuniversesolved/yetanotherforum/yaf_postsm4192_Dreams-and-Parallel-Universes.aspx#4192
jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:07:13 AM

The nothingness of the universe is the conclusion physics will always draw in the end. The collapsable "inertial-Einstien" formula below expresses this mathematal nothingness also.

This is the idea that Universe is not yet awake, but in a stage of waking up.

Richard Dawkins comes to this conclusion. Click on the image to listen to Richard in his "Growing up the Universe" lectures

Neo
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:36:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFlAE99Zz38

(good excuse to come back here as any:d/ )

There is no spoon.
Neo
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:45:05 PM

On a more relevant note, why must we saviour 'games' which allude to us killing, or at least being opposed to each other? This is not so much a PC point, as you'd think that games which involve people working together would have more appeal than those involving conflict.

There is no spoon.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2014 8:43:00 PM

That is a perplexing and unanswerable question for me. I don't know why competition is more interesting than cooperation. Especially the way you put it in the question. Cooperation just sounds like a boring game. I think it has to do with the programmed reality. There are certain things that we are just incapable of understanding. It's the "qualia" of experience. "Ineffible" they call it.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:42:07 AM

Hi Neo, welcome back.

As Agent Smith said, "Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. [....]. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery".

Hi jdlaw,

Using a word, or indeed a mathematical formula, to describe nothingness or nonexistence creates a sort of conundrum! I'll let Gevin Giorbran author of "Everything Forever" do the explaining. The following is an excerpt from Chapter 2 of his book.

Quote:
When the dictionary defines nothing as ‘something that does not exist’, it is reasonably obvious that the syntax of the phrase makes no real sense. How can ‘nothing’ be a something which does not exist? In fact simply using any word in an attempt to mean non-existence creates a sort of riddle. How do we make a word refer to something that doesn’t exist? What word can represent a form that isn't a form; a thing that isn't a thing? What language can define a concept that has no reality or meaning?

Of course we cannot solve the great old riddle of how something came from nonexistence. It’s the ultimate oxymoron, and the ultimate contradiction in terms. We cannot even refer to a state of nonexistence when there is no such state, and no such form, to refer to. Any attempt to describe it isn’t describing it. Any word representing it, isn’t representing it. Non-existence can only really be defined as something that cannot be defined with a word. It can only refer to something that cannot be referred to. Obviously there is a vexing fundamental problem here. Any attempt to define a nonexistence using any meaningful idea or thought, by using the meaning that otherwise defines all language, that defines our reality, is predestined to fail.

Nonexistence cannot be. It cannot exist. It cannot even be meant. And that predicament, that total paradox, is very different from the real nothing that exists and can be talked about. And the fact that we confuse these two concepts is the very reason we don't yet clearly understand why we exist. We exist because there is no alternative. There never was a non-existence in the past and there never will be a non-existence. Existence is the default setting of reality. Existence belongs here. It has always been.

"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:10:32 AM

Sorry, a correction to my post of 02 Jan 2014, should read "......stable particle-like information patterns......"

And, now I'm going to add the following link to an article by Natalie Wolchover of Quanta magazine which I find to be of some relevance to this thread.

"A Jewel at the Heart of Quantum Physics" - https://www.quantamagazine.org/20130917-a-jewel-at-the-heart-of-quantum-physics/

Quote:
Physics have discovered a jewel-like geometric object that dramatically..........

The article, more or less discloses, that space and time are merely emergent properties of a timeless, infinitely sided 'Master Amplituhedron' (jewel-like geometric object) whose geometry represents the sum total of all physical interactions. This is very much like Plato's Ideal Forms/Objects and, was mentioned in the thread 'Who is God' as being one of three possible schema on my list of what might lie beyond space and time, itself.

And to quote myself (from above),

Quote:
I believe that abstract objects such as logical laws and mathematical principles existed "timelessly" prior to the origins of the Universe.

And, from the article itself,

Quote:
But the new amplituhedron research suggests space-time, and therefore dimensions, may be illusory anyway.

I totally agree.

And, to quote myself again,

Quote:
This denotes the realm of the Absolute - no time, no space and no dimensions.

And, again from the article,

Quote:
The object is basically Timeless

I agree. Could this also be the 'Thing' lying outside the biggest circle, according to 'Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem', as I mentioned earlier in the thread 'Who is God'?

Furthermore, note Nima's drawing of the Amplituhedron on the LHS.

It seems to be composed of tetrahedra. A tetrahedron, or a triangular pyramid, is a polyhedron comprised of four triangular faces, six straight edges and four vertex corners.

Triangular, three, three, three..............For some strange reason that number has always resonated with me!

Triangle - 3 lines - the Trigram of the I-Ching.

Six straight edges - 6 lines - comprise the Hexagram of the I-Ching.

Four vertex corners - 4 numbers - 6 to 9 - are turned into the Hexagram of the I-Ching.

The new sci-fi movie 'Arrival' - language, code - launched 11.11. 11.11 means 'Pay Attention' to the signs being shown. But then again, nobody has to agree with me. But that's OK. ;)

jdlaw
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 12:49:02 PM

My response. Yes. I agree. In any three dimensional representation, the coordinates of space-time are Zero, Zero, Zero. It is just Horizon theory. Time Cones if you will. Space-time is a name for something that does not exist in our reality except by memory. The universe as we experience - is information and nothing else. See the event horizon in this picture of space-time (click on link below)? On this 3 dimensional representation of the time-space continuum, the point of creation of any event is at the 0,0,0 coordinate. The Observer cannot experience anything in space time.

How can I put this in rhyme ... I looked out my window and what did I see? Oops too late, it's just a memory. Space-time has a weird geometry. You just can't draw re-al-i-ty.

I am sure with a little work, you could continue this rhyme for ever - it would all be stuff we already know deep inside, but just cannot admit it to ourselves. "Let me tell you why you are here. You have come because you know something. What you know you can't explain but you feel it. You've felt it your whole life, felt that something is wrong with the world. You don't know what, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?" Morpheus 1998.

http://non-virtual.com/Non-virtual_Horizons.html
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:05:33 AM

Thanks for your feedback, jdlaw, and also thanks for providing that link. Much appreciated.

Also, I'd like to offer my apologies to anyone who may have read my post prior to jdlaw uploading his, as I did go back to edit and add to it a few hours after posting it.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:15:08 AM

Jim has just uploaded a YouTube video on his Facebook page titled: 'We are Living in a Simulation - New Evidence!'. It is worth checking out. Love the bit where it mentions that tetrahedron-shaped voxels are the building blocks of reality. I have no doubt that a tetrahedral lattice sits comfortably well with the I-Ching (the tetrahedral aspect of the I-Ching was mentioned in a previous post). Not too sure how the E8 Lattice and the Amplituhedron would fit together, though. I'm not a physicist so I can't speculate at all!
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 2:06:13 AM

But I still ask myself, are dimensions only a construct of our minds and are not real just like time. Maybe? (I now subscribe to Robert Anton Wilson's 'Maybe Logic'!). Maybe too many assumptions and suppositions in this video. Just maybe! Although the bit about the tetrahedron-shaped voxels reminded me of calculating the "volume" of the Amplituhedron via triangulations and I think this may have some merit, indeed. As everybody knows I've always had an obsession with the number 'three' and this probably stems from my I-Ching practice.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:17:24 AM

Re the tetrahedron.

Also there is the Swiss amateur physicist Nassim Haramein who thinks that vacuum space isn't empty but is actually similar to a Star-Tetrahedron structure - called the 8 Star-Tetrahedron or 64 -Tetrahedron, Isotropic Vector Matrix - circumscribed by a sphere. [He also thinks that the Universe is shaped like a Double Torus].

Is this more than just a coincidence?