The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Synchronicity as my Guide Options
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 5:07:20 AM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone, I’m now back after a long hiatus, the reason, in part, for my absence is that I was convalescing from what, by all accounts, was a rather spectacular bout of Aussie flu which I caught last winter (and with it came a whole load of other horrible complications).

However, whilst I’ve been recuperating I’ve been experiencing the most remarkable synchronicities, in particular in one sequence of events (**see below if you are interested in reading about them), I ended up coming across a most wonderful and enlightening short essay by the psychologist, Dr Howlin, titled: The Jungian Interpretation of Alice in Wonderland: The Rabbit Hole: A Young Woman’s Journey into the Unconscious.

This essay has been an absolute godsend. It is, more or less, saying that, perhaps, it is not in your best interest if your ego charts the course through life. Quite comforting to know if one is having to deal with the vicissitudes of life. If life is throwing you some curve-balls, you might benefit from reading it too!

Please do not be put off by the gender specific title. The topic matter applies equally to both sexes. You can have an “unruly Bob” just as much as an “unruly Alice.” ;-)

www.santacruzpsychologist.com/blog/tag/jungian-interpretation-of-alice-in-wonderland/

As Dr. Howlin says in the comments section:

“…….having an awareness about self *[Non-Conscious/Unconscious/Higher Self] can help with “the fall.” It will not necessary (sic) take away the fear and/or suffering usually inherent in the fall, but having meaning and awareness around these issues usually makes enduring them much more positive and can help one to see possibilities too!”

*[my insertion]

Yes, I totally agree with Dr. Howlin, you do learn a lot from your adventures and ordeals! Furthermore, life is not a series of meaningless accidents. When things are bound to happen they surely will!

**And now for the synchronicities!

1. Quite a few months ago I found the following article on the internet titled: Nobel-Winning Physicist Frank Wilczek on Complementarity as the Quantum of Life and Why Reality is Woven of Opposing Truths.

You will see about a quarter of the way down there is a painting of the ‘White Rabbit’ by Salvador Dali (underneath, the caption reads: Art by Salvador Dali for a special edition of Alice in Wonderland). At the time I happened to give the painting no more than a cursory glance.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/05/02/complementarity-frank-wilczek-a-beautiful-question/

2. About 4 weeks ago EKUMA1981 (a contributor to this forum) sent me an e-mail which included a link to the YouTube Video titled: Synchronicities Led to Real Life Mad Hatter at London Pub. I watched it and thought it was really funny, but didn’t think anything more about it at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6Zp3Zgm7Y

3. Early the next morning, off work and nothing better to do, I decided to tidy up my ‘favourites’ folder and, in the process I happened to stumble upon the article on ‘Complementarity’ which I had saved but actually forgot about all those months ago. Thinking the contents were quite relevant to some of the exchanges I was having with EKUMA1981 at the time I decided to send him a link to it. It wasn’t until later that afternoon when I decided to read the article again that the painting of the ‘white rabbit’ and the caption underneath it caught my eye. Wow! I promptly sent EKUMA1981 an email to inform him of my find. He thought it was an amazing synchronicity, as did I!

4. A couple of days later and, quite out of the blue, I received some photos of my close friend’s newborn baby grandson. Some of them incorporated a professional photo-shoot showing the baby being photographed in an old wooden box with the inscription “Tale of Peter Rabbit” emblazoned on its side. Wrong rabbit but a rabbit all the same! (However, it just so happens that Beatrix Potter and Lewis Carroll were amongst Britain's top children's literature superstars). In another photo the baby can be seen cuddling a toy white rabbit. They decided to call the baby Lewis, as in Lewis Carroll.

5. Then, several days after that and, quite by accident, I came across the following YouTube video by Shaman Oaks titled: SYNCHRONICITY- What does it mean? Am I crazy?

Note the tag line “Exploring the Rabbit Hole” @1.23 and again @2.20. Carl Jung quote from ‘Alice through the Looking Glass’ a sequel to ‘Alice in Wonderland’ @2.07 and finally, @ 2.24 a scene from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ depicting Alice and the White Rabbit. Also, I had to laugh at the I-Ching Hexagram tattooed on his arm @1.36. And, just to remind you it was Carl Jung who coined the term 'synchronicity.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLMi152USU

6. After watching the above video I immediately Googled “Carl Jung and Alice in Wonderland,’ and the very first listing to appear on the search results page was: Jungian Interpretation of Alice in Wonderland/Dr. Jeff Howlin. Voila!

As the events unfolded it was a real nice bonus to ultimately find Dr Howlin’s essay, but at the same time I’m kinda wondering, if all of these ‘white rabbit’ synchronicities were nothing more than a subtle ploy to get me to focus my attention back to the original article about ‘Complementarity.’ I’m thinking since it was the first ‘white rabbit’ to appear within the chain of events it must be of particular importance.

And as for the theory of ‘Complementarity,’ it simply states: “You can recognise a deep truth by the feature that its opposite is also a deep truth.”

In essence, complementarity gives us “license to think different," writes Dr. Wilczek, and in doing so it stimulates our imagination. He also suggests that “we try to appreciate apparently strange perspectives that other people come up with. We can take them seriously without compromising our own understandings, scientific and otherwise.” [Edge.org]

I’m loving digital physics but in light of all these synchronicities I'm wondering if I should be giving Dr Wilczek’s theory about 'Complementarity’ some serious thought too!

Notes:

Synchronicity is based on the idea of ‘non-linearity’ or ‘acausality.’ Jung called synchronicity “an acausal connecting (togetherness) principle” or “meaningful coincidence.”

Therefore, it cannot, be a question of cause and effect, but a falling together of time, a kind of simultaneity.

Current theories, such as ‘string theory’ are still based on an ideation of space-time that involves causal only time, in other words, time as a measurable and a separate quantity.

“We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity” - Barbara De Angelis.

“There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson, on how to improve your performance the next time” - Malcolm X
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:01:32 PM

Fantastic synchronicity anecdotes from you, Bot. And don't forget the number of times 111 has popped up during our correspondences. It's insane how often I see that number! Something profound is happening to us, Bot...
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:30:39 AM

Yes, I agree Ekuma, something profound, indeed. LoL.

111 is a wonderful and magical phenomenon and is definitely telling you that there is a lot more to this universe than meets the eye. But what does it really mean? 111 or any combination of 1's are binary numbers. Binary would suggest 'Computer,' maybe? Computers need hardware and also software in the form of a programming/computing language. A language that is different from our ordinary everyday language. What does this suggest? Perhaps, you need to find a way to communicate with this "Intelligence"/LCS or however you might want to define IT using symbolic language.

Reiki/Tarot/Runes/I-Ching all use 'symbols' and are all excellent modalities for 'getting in touch.' They all provide doorways into the Unconsious, and maybe a way to predict the future.

Delve into the Occult, dig deeper.......you need to experiment for yourself before any of this will make much sense.
jim
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:16:12 PM

I love all of this - thanks so much for sharing, Bot; both the article and references as well as your personal synchronicities. The idea of letting synchronicities or deep subconscious guide your life versus your ego resonates deeply with me. I've always felt that the subconscious is not only the source of all of your collective history - your experiences, learnings, interactions - and is therefore extremely powerful. But it is also your gateway to an even more powerful engine - the engine of reality, your connectivity with all that there is, "God", other consciousnesses, and other learnings. The ego is driven by forces that are slow, obvious, and unevolved, like just feeding at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

So I think there is actually a really good connection to digital philosophy here.

I definitely need to noodle on the Complimentary assertion that you can recognize a deep truth by the feature that its opposite is also a deep truth.

And welcome back!
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:14:00 AM

Jim, thank you very much for telling me how much you have enjoyed reading about my synchronistic experiences.....and thank you too, Ekuma! Through experiencing these meaningful, simultaneous occurring coincidences, I have come to realise that there is more at work in our universe than merely physical laws of cause and effect.

And, to quote Carl Jung, "Synchronicity is no more baffling or mysterious than the discontinuities of physics. It is only the ingrained belief in the sovereign power of causality that creates intellectual difficulties and makes it appear unthinkable that causeless events exist or could ever exist. But if they do, then we must regard them as creative acts, as the continuous creation of pattern that exists from all eternity, repeats itself sporadically, and is not derivable from any known antecedents."

I agree Jim, there is a really good connection to digital philosophy here. I can't wait to read your new book!
jim
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:28:32 PM

Love the quote too. Hope you don't mind if I tweet it. Of course, I'll give you a shout out.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:46:29 PM

Off course I don't mind Jim, but no need for the shout out as I was given the quote by a friend of mind who is really into Jung. It belongs to Jung, after all!
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:28:54 AM

LOL. My mum just found a rare Beatrix Potter, 'Benjamin Bunny', 50 pence piece and gave it to me. One sold for £500 on ebay just recently! How's that for synchronicity!

EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 9:50:17 PM

That's a great coin, Bot. I've not seen one before.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:04:43 AM

Actually Ekuma after doing a bit of online research I discovered that the coin is not that rare after all. According to coin collector's website Change Checker the coin has a scarcity rating of 5. With 1 being the least rare and 100 being the most rare. The coin, created in 2017, had a mintage of 11,300,000. Even though you are fairly likely to find one, its huge popularity means that the pieces often sell for large sums of money online.

I hope you agree, that despite it not being as rare as I originally thought, it was still an uncanny synchronicity I experienced!
Jon D
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 11:31:34 AM

Synchronicity is most definitely real. Trust the signs. I have one personal story I'll share, sorry if inappropriate but it was real life.

Moved to Florida for the winter around 2016, a girl I knew for a while was not far from there, we kind of hit it off for a while leading up to this. On the outside, she seemed great, looked good, etc... Anyhow, the day we really met up to get things rolling(we rented some house on a beach for a weekend), I woke up that morning feeling like I got kicked in the nuts. Never happened before, or since. Long story short, my stuff wasn't working/limp/dead the ENTIRE weekend we were together. As soon as the weekend was over and our little stay was over, everything was back to normal with me. It was unreal, like the universe was trying to bail me out of making a big mistake.

I didn't quite take the hint, a couple days later we met up again and things were "ok" we got back to business. Big mistake. She turned into an obsessive lunatic crazy beyond anything I've seen. Like, some kind of multiple personality crazy. Took months to get her out of the picture, and a lot of real crazy nights, knives pulled on me in the middle of the night, etc... I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it out alive lol.

If I had taken the sign, I would have saved myself a lot of time and trauma. Trust the signs, even if it's not what you want at that moment.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:23:17 AM

Gosh Jon D, what you went through must have been absolutely horrendous.

After getting back together, you said: "....things were "ok" and we got back to business." I'm assuming you had sex with her on that occasion?

I think she was probably suffering from a state called postcoital dysphoria, also known as post-sex depression. The condition is marked by feelings of sadness, anxiety, regret, irritability,...….and in her case she seems to have gone full-on bat-sh*t crazy! Researchers suggest that people prone to mood swings may be more sensitive to withdrawal from surges of oxytocin (the 'love drug'), which is very pleasurable but often short lived. She may have mistaken an oxytocin release/rush that led her to believe you were her perfect partner. Perhaps the perception she had of you at the moment was an illusion about you that did not fit what happened next. Did you act all distant/nonchalant/cool afterwards? Were your intentions pure with no hidden motives (like using her just for sex?)? Perhaps she sensed from you that there was never going to be a happily ever after ending. However, most normal women wouldn't behave like she did. Her extreme wanton behaviour was definitely a symptom of an underlying mood disorder.

You definitely had a lucky escape but make sure that next time you get to know the character of the woman you are dating extremely well before going to bed with her. Engage in a number of different activities with her (and not just sex, lol), in order to guage her character, preferably in public places where you are less exposed to danger. Good luck!
Jon D
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:52:39 AM

Hello.

Oh yes we did quite a bit on that occasion. She was definitely not suffering from that kind of depression, she actually started living with me down there, it wasn't a one night stand. It was pretty much a 24/7 netflix-and-chill session lol. We had a lot of fun for a while. It took maybe a month or two before I started seeing signs. She would occasionally just start crying out of nowhere, then screaming. At first I was like whatever. It got real crazy though, like some nights I swear I heard some kind of dual-voice coming from her when she went into a rage, like some kind of exorcism shit it was pretty wild. I got kinda freaked out at that point. But at this point I'm in too deep she's basically living with me. I couldn't just be like "oh hey.. you have to get out of here", I'd probably wake up dead lol. In the end, I found a way out.

I guess the moral of the story is I should have taken the sign. It's as if somehow I knew how the events would unfold in the end. Maybe it was the universe warning me, or somehow it was me warning myself by "disabling" myself when we had first met that weekend at the beach house. But, in the end one positive is that I will indeed take these signs more seriously now.

and P.S. you never really know how someone is until you start living with them. I am real careful about this stuff, she was just better at hiding it than I was detecting it.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:13:30 AM

Jon D, so sorry I wasn't aware of the full picture, my bad!...……..but, this is just so terribly, terribly sad. I believe your ex-girlfriend may be suffering from undiagnosed Schizophrenia, the dual-voices are a clue. There is nothing anyone can do until she comes to the notice of State Authorities due to some misadventure. Since you are not next of kin and you were not actually physically harmed there is little to nothing you can do too.

All the 'signs' were there, as you say, possibly a warning to you: "If you play with fire, you can get burned and you can get burned really badly." Unfortunately, a chemical imbalance knows no logic.

You are okay, thank goodness, but really the poor girl ought to be pitied. There is no way on God's green earth that you can hide this behaviour without it surfacing at some point, so I can only hope that some clued-up family member notices the signs and helps this poor girl seek out appropriate treatment and support, either, before she self-harms or causes serious bodily injury to someone else.

Life can be a bitch sometimes. :-(
SynchroniCity
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:24:02 PM

Four Categories of SynchroniCity identified. Those who are familiar with the Concept of Synchronicity know there is a narrow and broad definition. Both involve spacetime. That is All S is P.
-
The first three categories can be found in the short 29 paragraph Appendix (On Synchronicity). The fourth can be found in paragraph 965 of Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle, and in the wonderful collection Atom and Archetype: The Pauli/Jung Letters 1932-1958 p 60.

-
Logically, both narrow and broad definitions, regardless of typology, morphology, parameters, would fall into one or more of these categories. That is, Some S is Category One, Some S is Category Two, Some S is Category Three, Some S is Category Four. We find that some are a compound (having more than one category).
-
Here are the four categories defined by Jung:

CATEGORY ONE

The coincidence of a psychic state in the observer with a simultaneous, objective, external event that corresponds to the psychic state or content (e.g. scarab), where considering the psychic relativity of space and time, such a connection is not even conceivable.

CATEGORY TWO

The coincidence of a psychic state with a corresponding (more or less simultaneous) external event taking place outside the observer’s field of perception, i.e., at a distance, and only verifiable afterward (e.g. Stockholm fire).

CATEGORY THREE

The coincidence of a psychic state with a corresponding not yet existent future event that is distant in time and can likewise only be verified afterward.

CATEGORY FOUR
I see no reason why synchronicity should always be a coincidence between two psychic states or a psychic state and non psychic event. There may also possibly be coincidences of this kind between non-psychic events.

Category Three has been revised by Rey Blanco.

The coincidence of a psychic state with a corresponding (a)fter: not yet existent future event and/or (b)efore: prior event(s), that are distant in time and can likewise only be verified afterward.

These would serve as our axioms.
---
Camille Flammarion, astronomer, in his controversial 1900 publication of The Unknown has 183 letters describing almost invariably Category Two (death typology) coincidences. Some were Category Three, and Category One as part of a compound set.
---
Arthur Schopenhauer, Biologist, in his controversial 1919 publication of Das Gestez Der Serie (The Law of Series) or in folk speak, "when it rains it pours" has 100 accounts. Most are simply repetition of names, numbers, etc in a series. These are Category Fours. He is mostly criticized for not having much psychological worth (individuation) for his listing. Nonetheless, they do complete the four categories.
-
J.W. Dunne, aeronautics engineer, in his controversial 1924 publication, An Experiment With Time, has 27 accounts. It is apparent that he uses these "coincidences" as a foundation for his study of "time regression" which he boasts he is the first to do a scientific study and provides 13 spacetime figures and compares them.
-
We must agree that there are many other writers who have accumulated accounts, some providing "nicknames" for different typologies. Alan Vaughan, in his Incredible Coincidences, does a great job by using titles for each account, making it easy for those serious about the investigation.
-
In short, we can avoid falling into the trap of debating whether or not synchronicity exists, and/or is real, by simply referring to anecdotes as "narratives." Thereby, whether or not the description is fictional or factual, they can be qualified by using the definitions, and categorized to quantify the contents of the narrative.
-

Rather than get into more detail in this post, this should benefit and contribute to the study, simply by posing a simplistic methodological approach.
--
In another post, I will provide specific examples by using a so called "coincidence game," a simplistic 2d visual graphic model that anyone who has a fundamental understanding of the topic can abstract from any narrative that describes an authentic synchronistic set for the purpose of qualifying and quantifying into categories.

"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 4:56:44 AM

Welcome to our group SynchroniCity!

I'm so sorry but I just don't have the time to properly digest the contents of your post until after I get back from my Xmas holidays on the 12th of January. However, I appreciate your input and value your feedback and look forward to more posts from you in future.

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:48:02 AM

SynchroniCity wrote:
That is All S is P.

SychroniCity,

Reading through your reply to the post, I found it both curious and interesting. Help me understand that little statement you made about S and P. What does that mean?

Most post-compulsory education, perhaps Masters or PhD ... includes at least some psychology introducing students to the works of Carl Jung. (My undergrad was in Biology first and then Mechanical Engineering second).

I tended to include "synchronicity" as a smaller subset of chaos theory, a certain "serendipity" if you will. Am I wrong about that?

Most people think "Chaos" has to mean "disorder." In actuality "chaos" simply means a mathematical "departure" from a clearly predicted behavior that would result from a highly complex set of initial conditions. In fact, the idea of "entropic force" is a fairly recent concept also sort of created by another psychologist named Ernst Mach and his ideas about "gestalt" or in other words that seemingly magical way people's "global view" of their reality often results in inexplicable knowledge about things that have never been observed.

It is like when you were a teenager and somehow Mom knew exactly what you did while she was out. "Gestalt" is just being able to put all the pieces together to solve a mystery that would ordinarily be unsolvable --but for this more global understanding of the situation.

"Chaos" in that respect simply means "unexpected" or "inexplicable." Yet we know if the universe were truly and perfectly subjected only to the thermodynamic laws of entropy, then there would never be any order in anything. Entropy is like the "strong force" but is still entirely unobservable directly. We only see its effects everywhere. In other words, I am saying that if the universe truly were subject to only Newtonian physics where the law of entropy were perfect and exact, then the level of organization at the beginning of the Universe would have to be so infinitely extreme that nothing could ever exist.

Entropic force could actually be that other non-observable force (other than the observable Gravitational, Weak Nuclear force, Electromagnetic, or strong Nuclear) that creates all four of those fundamental forces we can observe in nature. Whistle

KE-sigh-i (that exhale sound as we "Sigh")

The Energy of Simulated Reality is the sum of the Kenetic energy plus the Potential energy of the Matrix
SynchroniCity
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:09:53 PM

I don't know if my previous post made it, so I felt that I would try again, here it is, as I was doing my best to answer

jdlaw,

Hi.

I am not sure how to use this forum and just coming back to use computer.

Thank you for your reply. OK, I will try my best to present my perception of the topic.

No doubt, the chaos and order within can offer an approach to the operation of this "principle of nature and grace."

In the case of "All S is P" the logical symbols represent both narrow and broad definitions provided by the Swiss psychologist, Dr. Carl Gustav Jung, in which we know coined the technical term, "synchronicity."

It would be a rather long discussion to go into great detail, so hopefully I can make it as less painful as possible.

The DECLARATION
“Synchronicity is not a philosophical view
but an empirical concept which postulates
an intellectually necessary principle”
( Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle par 960)

Narrow and Broad Definitions

NARROW Definition
“Here I would like to call attention to a possible misunderstanding which may be occasioned by the term ‘synchronicity,’ which simply means the simultaneous occurrence of two events.
“Synchronicity therefore, means the simultaneous occurrence of a certain psychic state with one or more external events which appear as meaningful parallels to the momentary subjective state – and, in certain cases, vice versa” (Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle pars 949-950).

Michael Fordham states, “They are simply ‘meaningful coincidences’” (ibid, Editorial Preface).

BROAD Definition
“The question now arises whether our definition of synchronicity with reference to the equivalence of psychic and physical processes is capable of expansion, or rather, requires expansion. This requirement seems to force itself on us when we consider the above, wider conception of synchronicity as an ‘acausal orderdness.’” (Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle par 965).

“…there are certain regularities and therefore constant factors, from which we must conclude that our narrower conception of synchronicity is probably too narrow and really needs expanding. I incline in fact to the view that synchronicity in the narrow sense is only a particular instance of general acausal orderdness-that, namely, of the equivalence of psychic and physical processes where the observer is in the fortunate position of being able to recognize the tertium comparationalis” (ibid par 965).

This broader conception provides the basis for the fourth category:

“…I see no reason why synchronicity should always just be a coincidence of two psychic states or a psychic state and a non psychic event. There may also possibly be coincidences of this kind between non psychic events” (Atom and Archetype: Pauli/Jung Letters 1932-1958 p 60).

Thus, All synchronistic events, narrow and broad definitions (S), happen in space-time (P).

This is our Universal affirmative qualifying proposition for our initial A Categorical Statement.

ALL S is P

QED
“Quod erat demonstrandum “ (EUCLID)

Both the narrow and broad definitions have an acausal situation of correspondence between two or more events AND they occur in SPACE-TIME.

The subsets are that SOME SYNCHRONICITY can be observed (as empirical events) in one or more of the categories (previously posted). These definitions and categories are part of the "Concept of Synchronicity."

So, we have ALL Synchronicity (situations of correspondence between two or more acausal events) are P (are happening in spacetime) and the subsets Some Synchronicity is Category 1, Some Synchronicity is Category 2, Some Synchronicity is Category 3, and some Synchronicity is Category 4.

After much study, I noticed that there are those that are "compound" sets where there are more Categories involved.
-

The next approach from "Concept" is "Interpretive Principle." I noticed you see through science and quantum mechanics. We can utilize these perspectives. I tend to separate "quantum mechanics" from "quantum metaphysics/mysticism."

However, I cannot escape the analogies. In that wonderful collection, Atom and Archetype: The Pauli/Jung Letters 1932-1958 these two internationally renowned figures provided a cross reference. between physics and psychological terminology.

For example,

Physics:
1.) Mapping
Note. The mapping always appears through a polar field of force, conveyed in such a way that the people mapped are related to each other. A special case of this is

2.) Small dipoles arranged in parallel fashion (as found physically in a magnetic solid body.)

in Psychology:
1. “Pariticipation Mystique”

2.) Many people with an unconscious sense of identity, as in the ease of a hypnotic experiment.

Physics:
3.) The suspension of the mapping comes about in this case when a dipole starts to rotate as a result of its inherent heat.
In another image, the same thing is represented by the separation of iso¬topes. (By isotopes one means chemical elements that occupy the same place in the periodic table and that can be sepa¬rated only by means of extremely diffi¬cult methods.)

Psychology:
3.) Suspension of the participation mystique by means of individual differentiation.

Physics:
4.) A similar symbolic image is the split-ting of spectral lines in a magnetic field.
Without field |
With field |||
Groups of corresponding lines, so- called doublets, triplets, or multiplets, also frequently appear as an image.

Psychology:
4.) Process of differentiation

But what does the polar field mean in psychological terms? It must be essential as the cause of the differentiation. All I know is that the same polarity is also represented by dominoes, playing cards, or other games (in two or in fours!)— The polar field must express a sort of dynamic regularity of the collective unconscious.

Physics:
5.) Radioactive nucleus

Psychology:
5.) "Self"
It is clear that "nucleus" means the same as the individual center. But what does "radioactivity" mean in psychological terms? On the one hand it seems to indicate a gradual transformation of the center, and on the other hand an effect radiating outwards (rays!).

Physics:
6.) Resonances
Every engineer knows what the cata-strophic effects can be of the coincidence of 2 vibration frequencies. But what the simple worker docs not usually know is that one can escape the resonance by raising the rate of revolution.

Psychology
6.) Archetypes
= falling into the archetype by identification

Physics:
Field of Force
Radioactivity

Psychology:
Synchronicity

Physics:
Equivalences

Psychology:
Meaning

Physics:
Spectral Lines
Isotope
Isotope Separation

Psychology:
Incarnation
( Please note: I would also use the term “avatare”)

Physics:
Nucleus

Psychology:
“the center” totality of the Psyche, The self.

Physics:
Isomorphy
(the identity of form, reproduction of the same form)

Psychology:
Personates: (Singular element)

Physics:
Automorphy

Psychology:
Personates (Group of elements) product is representation of isomorphy.

Physics:
Corpuscle and wave Resonance

Psychology:
Archetype

Physics:
Energy

Psychology:
"Psychic Intensity”

Physics:
Quantum Physics

Psychology:
Psychology of the individual process and the unconscious in general

Physics:
Mutually exclusive complementary experimental setups, to measure the position as well as momentum

Psychology:
Wholesness of man consisting of consciousness and unconsciousness

Physics:
Impossibility of subdividing the experimental set up without basically changing the phenomena.

Psychology:

Change in consciousness and the unconscious when the conscious is acquired, especially in the process of the coniuntio.

Physics:

The result of the observation is an irrational actuality of the unique occurrence

Psychology:
The result of the coiuntio, is the infans solaris, individuation

Physics:

The new theory is the objective, rational and hence symbolic grasping of the possibilities of natural occurrences, a sufficiently broad framework to accommodate the irrational actuality of the unique occurrence.

Psychology:

The objective, rational, and hence symbolic grasping of the psychology of the individuation process, broad enough to accommodate the irrational actuality of the unique individual

Physics
U-field

Psychology
Colllective Unconscious

You also brought up interesting perspectives, like gestalt. There is no doubt that we each "live in a different world." That is, we each are the center of the universe because we all have different and similar nodes of associations, experiences, circumstances, typologies and so on. We each are the center of our own drama while at the same time figuring in other's drama(s).

Your take seems to remind me of some of the scientific approaches, like F. David Peat in his Synchronicity: A Bridge Between Matter and Mind and his Superstrings and the Search for the Theory of Everything. He has many other works, which help those of us that are not mathematicians, thanks to his approach. I like his contribution in Who's Afraid of Schrodinger's Cat? .

You also brought up an interesting correlation about our vocal expressions that stem from our inner physiology. Dr. Marie Von Franz, in her Psyche and Matter noted the same with the word "POOH."

Other writers on this topic I found, like Eric Fromm, noted the same. I believe that all animals express their internal whereabouts into external signs in much the same way. My pet dog, Oreo reminds me that they have feelings and a spirit capable, even deserving of an eternal existence, in my opinion.

---

In my particular efforts, if for example, you are ready to "SIGH" and say the TV shows someone sighing at the same time, this would be a category one synchronicity. The audio would be an "acoustical knot" typology. It would be like a stereophonic echoing.

Arthur Koestler noted in one of his books, that as he was traveling on a train, the sound of the rythmic wheels seemed to be saying "I told you so, I told you so." This "acoustical knot" if we go deeper, probes into his psychology. I am not sure, but I believe he was working on the Case of the Midwife Toad at the time, which was about the tragic suicide of the Biologist Paul Kammerer.
-

I will post a "coincidence game" on another post that should help those of us that would like to have an easy way to categorize any narrative that describes an authentic case of synchronicity, trivial thru profound, easy to complex.

-

Thank you for your reply.
SynchroniCity
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:54:36 PM

This is a Blank Game Board for those curious and interested in quantifying (categorizing) synchronistic events.

COMPONENTS

The Four Corners are the variants, categories of SynchroniCity.

The cross-hairs at the center represent the notorious Jung/Pauli schematica and specifies a space time.

The bigger Circle is the designated Observer, a field of perception.

The four functions of the psyche are inside the Big Circle

The little colored circles represent Energy Matter Psyche and a non localized not quite the other forms/formless.

The entire board is "the field of presentation."

The curious and interested player(s) place their substitutions of the little colored icons with their own figures, charms, icons, etc and place them in and around the field of perception. These represent each event in any of the EMPS that occur in space time.

The facts (of the narrative) are placed on the LEFT side of the vertical line. These are the empirical observations.

Any "explanations" and regard for these facts can be represented on the right side of the vertical line. These are also called "amplifications."

The constellated cluster on the left of the vertical line is the arrangement that can be compared with the four corners to help the player(s) determine which category(s).

Here is an example:

Narrative
: Professor Wolfgang Pauli's 20July1954 "Three popes" dream.

"I am in Copenhagen, at the home of Niels Bohr and his wife, Margarethe. He makes an announcement to me, a very official one: Three popes have given you a house. one of them is named John. I don't know the names of the other two. I have made no secret of the fact that we two do not share their religious beliefs but have nevertheless persuaded them to offer you a gift." He then presents me with a sort of document of the gift, and I sign it. At the same time, I am given a train ticket by Bohr and his wife to ride to the new house." (Atom and Archetype pp 135-136)

Jung and Pauli try to figure out what historical pope is named John. Each naturally look into the "past" and consider John, the Evangelist, but he is no pope. Jung even notes a rumor about one pope who gave birth during a procession (Papa pater partum, Papissa peperit partum). (Atom and Archetype p. 154).

These Popes, elements of the particular existential proposition, appeared after the specified time of Pauli’s field of perception.

Pope John XXIII 28 October 1958 – 3 June 1963
Servant of God John Paul I 26 August 1978– 28 September 1978
John Paul II Papa IOANNES PAULUS Secundus 16 October 1978– 2 April 2005

I don’t know if Wolfgang Pauli even cared who had been installed as Pope after Pius. Wolfgang Pauli passed away on December 15, 1958.

The little golden colored circle represents the Psyche (Dream)

The little blue circles represent the Three Popes

Please note: In some courts of law, a judge combines offenses into a single incident. In Catholic Theology the Popes are "one." If we look close, we should notice that the game placement looks like the lower left corner. Thus we have a visual graphic language that "tells" us this is a CATEGORY THREE SYNCHRONICITY. Simple!

"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 5:30:47 AM

SynchroniCity, first of all, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this fascinating, insightful and informative analysis of synchronicity. And would you believe it, less than a week before you wrote those two posts on January 1st, my mum gave me another two Beatrix Potter coins, viz, ‘Beatrix Potter Portrait with Rabbit’ and ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit.’ I’m just back from my holidays and pretty exhausted with all the traveling so I will upload the pictures later.

Incidentally, when my mum gave me the 'Benjamin Bunny' coin last September she completely forgot that she had locked the other two coins away for safekeeping. Apparently, she recovered both coins on the 27th December and found all three coins away back in the first six months of last year and, probably, before I first came across that article on “Complementarity.”

Looking closely at chronology would suggest a remarkable coincidence in timing! This is all very bizarre indeed.