The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Part 1 of interview with Richard Syrett Options
jim
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:08:47 PM

Groups: Member

In Part 1 of my interview with Richard Syrett for his Conspiracy Unlimited podcast, we discuss free will, super-determinism, the digital nature of reality, God as a sea of consciousness, mystical experiences as the source of a more fundamental truth, dynamic reality generation, and the strong evidence that NDEs don’t come from the brain.

http://conspiracyunlimitedpodcast.com/132-digital-consciousness-part-one
mortimer
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 7:18:32 AM

Great interview, Jim. I found part 2 here: http://conspiracyunlimitedpodcast.com/133-digital-consciousness-pt-2

I think it's a shame that this kind of discussion always ends up on "conspiracy" sites when there's much that can be legitimately discussed as a counter argument to the materialist/reductionist paradigm that I feel is stifling much of the scientific community.

That's not to criticise the guy who hosts the Conspiracy Unlimited Podcast, I'm sure he's quite level headed despite some of the wacky 'out there' topics discussed on the podcast. I just think that the digital consciousness/programmed reality model is extremely worthy of taking seriously.

It's odd how science has restricted itself these days by refusing to "think outside the box" as you mention in the podcast in relation to Albert Einstein. For example, as much as I like Neil deGrasse Tyson and think he's a good educator, I've watched a couple of interviews of him on Joe Rogan's podcast where he dismisses the anomalies found in the likes of the double-slit experiment in favour of the materialist viewpoint. What annoys me is that he's blatantly giving false information when experiments have been run to prove his standpoint wrong.

I also agree with you on the Dolly/Jaws scene in Moonraker re the Mandela Effect. That scene makes absolutely no sense any longer without Dolly's braces. Out of all the Mandela Effects, I find that one the most compelling.

media underground
jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:03:27 PM

Thanks so much, Mortimer. Really appreciated it.

I know what you're saying about the conspiracy shows. Yes, a lot of the hosts are very smart and well informed about all sorts of science topics. But I think they attract a much bigger audience by including conspiracy topics in their brand. If you know of any "alternative science" podcasts/talk shows, let me know. One of the good ones is Jill Hanson's Q.Psience Project.

In the new book, I address the topic of the religion of objective materialism - and it does have all the hallmarks of the worst kind of religion: dogma, blind faith on the part of its adherents, respected elders of the church (e.g. James Randi), disparaging attitudes toward anyone who doesn't buy into their dogma. Sadly, Neil deGrasse Tyson, a real scientist (unlike Randi and Bill Nye), is one of their heroes. I find him to be extremely closed-minded.