The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

strange experiences Options
Jon D
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:52:28 AM
Groups: Member

jdlaw wrote:

I also do not want to be improperly steered by the false scammers who just want us to send our money in for Taro Card readings or something. I would rather we simply explore what is happening and come to our own conclusions. That said, I don't see what harm can come of talking about it in here. Jim's website has been fairly under the radar and historically a pretty safe place for online (public) discussion without the ad web crawlers latching on. I have spoken to Jim on the phone (a few years ago). He is a really down to earth kind of guy. I have just a few short comments (for now) on the questions/comments in your above post to which I have added question numbers:

1. There is the "Frequency" of how many nights we experience and remember the vibration AND the "Frequency" as in beats per minute.

2. I have been back and forth with the notion that this is somehow related to sleep apnea, which is a common condition many people get later in life which can cause of a lack of oxygen and then "micro seizures." People who have seizures (like from epilepsy etc) often report that they remember them. But I am not buying into that theory because part of my routine when they (vibrations) happen (and I am lucid - i.e. aware that it is happening) there is a mental cue I have given myself to "just breath." As a result, lately,, I have been able to be very "conscious" of my breathing("kind of" ... because by definition "uncounsious" - but you know - "lucid") . In other words, I am both vibrating and very aware that I am taking deep breaths during this dream state.

3. I too have been simply aware. I do not go through any rituals or preparation. I simply get the vibrations and they are too strong and in such perfect frequency (as in beats per second) to be some "dream" anomoly. In other words, I am completely convinced thay are teally happening on not just some reoccring dream.

4. What happens when we sleep has been a big question for philosophers and scientists for as long as mankind has been around.

5. I also see no need to get weighed down by "lucid dreaming" techniques or anything - though I have read somewhat about it on the internet.

6. Could this be some kind of "age of aquarius" kind of thing where lots of people are having this?

Regarding #6 - I think the biggest factor here is this is the age of the internet. The ability to corroborate this with you and others around the world is why I didn't dismiss the vibration. Once I recognized it's there and it's real, it became more frequent. I think the power of the internet and what it may enable for us is worthy of another discussion of it's own. It's as if we reached a milestone that has mysteries waiting for us to be unlocked. Another example would be the Mandela Effect, something that we would never have been able to recognize without the internet's ability to corroborate findings instantaneously. I really believe the "vibration" is part of something much larger that has always been a human ability, and for whatever reason it has been suppressed and forgotten. There' just "more" to all of this.

jim
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:51:07 PM

I think this is one of my favorite threads!

My 2 cents on some of this stuff…

Quote:
Regarding #6 - I think the biggest factor here is this is the age of the internet.

I love the idea of the age of the internet. It certainly has had the power to bring together common ideas and support.

It got me thinking about Spiral Dynamics - anybody familiar with it? It is a model, developed by a psychology professor and researcher named Clare Grave, that models human evolution - not just how we have evolved throughout history, but also how individuals evolve, as well as teams, or organizations. It examines worldviews, or systems of thinking and identifies 8 stages. For example, at the bottom of the hierarchy is the (Beige) survivalist meme, characterized by “do what you must to stay alive”, followed by Purple (magical, animistic - think Druids), Red (egocentric, conquering mentality), Blue (authoritarian), Orange (achievist, corresponding to industrialization), Green (egalitarian - think Green Party), Yellow (integrative), and finally, Turquoise (holistic). The characteristics of Turquoise are:
- The world is a single, dynamic organism with its own collective mind
- Self is both distinct and a blended part of a larger, compassionate whole
- Everything connects to everything else in ecological alignments
- Energy and information permeate the Earth’s total environment
- Holistic, intuitive thinking and cooperative actions are to be expected

The idea of moving into a different worldview resonates with me. It doesn’t happen all at once; nor doesn’t it happen simultaneously everywhere. In fact, in his model there are “unfolding, emergent, spiraling processes” as we move between systems. Just food for thought, there.

IMHO, what’s happening is this… In our waking state, our awareness is squarely in the “apparent physical reality” which is really the virtual learning system, RLL (see image). The seat of our consciousness is elsewhere, in ATTI, at a different level of reality, but our mind is busy processing daily business, aka monkey chatter. When we meditate, use certain supplements, do ritualistic dance, or whatever, we are able to silent the monkey chatter and allow our awareness to move back into ATTI, where our individuated consciousness is. This is the realm of dreams, OBE’s, lucid dreams, etc. I don’t think there is really much difference between a lucid dream and an OBE - in both cases, you are aware of your state and your level of control in that state and not fooled into believing that you are in a fantasy (dream) or apparent physical reality (waking state). However it is that you get there, you have now created a mental muscle. As you exercise that muscle by entering the state over and over, it gets stronger and easier to achieve. It’s like neuroplasticity - I think of it like a groove on a record - your consciousness is digging a pattern or groove that makes it easier and easier to both pop into that level of reality, as well as being open to the other experiences that can happen there (UFO sightings, telepathy, etc.).

The vibration is just something that happens when you move from RLL to the deeper state. I suppose the flaw in this logic is that if the vibration only happens with OBEs and not lucid dreams, then maybe there is some difference between the two.

jdlaw
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:11:54 PM

Ahh! Now we are back into consciousness. I love this. I have to quote myself again (from non-virtual).

Descartes, "I think therefore I am" is more correctly, "I think therefore I might become." For some strange and wonderful reason, the single dynamic "whole organism" would like to see "we the individual players" truly achieve awareness. Our base personalities have been specifically "written" (coded) for this experience as a sort of "test" to see if an "aware' individual can come to understand the "whole" and actually commune with the"whole." Thus the whole will not be so lonely if individuals can be "created."

The vibrations seem to be the connection o the higher self.
Jon D
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2018 1:51:38 PM

I've never heard of Spiral Dynamics, going to have to look at that.

I think the vibration is most definitely some kind of connection with the higher self/deeper state.

Which way does it go? (going by Jim's wording of RLL/deeper state)When the vibration occurs do we move here from the RLL into the deeper state, or does the deeper state interact down into us here in the RLL?

I did experience the vibration again last night, strong but very briefly and this occurred instantaneously as I awoke from a very vivid dream. What's notably strange about my dreams recently is I seem to be recalling them with very clear detail now, and while I'm dreaming my memory is intersecting with this reality and what seems to be other realties. For instance here in real life I ran into someone I knew a long time ago the other day. In my dream last night I was telling someone about it, and I mentioned the place I had ran into him, but also spoke of running into him again at another place which didn't happen in this reality. This is becoming a common occurrence in my dreams lately. I'm able to recall RLL memory in my dreams, but it's mixed with other memories that seem just as real.

The most frustrating thing is I'm still getting a lot of daily life monkey chatter spilling into my dreams, creating very mundane dreams recently.

Jon D
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:53:17 PM

I had my first OBE just a few hours ago, I think multiple actually? Very strange, I'm not sure what to make of it.

Took a nap around 7pm(common for me, I'm a night owl I stay up very late). I took 8mg galantamine and one mucana pruriens capsule. Woke up around 8pm, fell back asleep. Sometime soon afterwards I woke up with intense vibrations and I mean really intense, almost violent. My room was pitch black no lights on, eyes shut, and I kept seeing visual phenomenon while my eyes were shut, flashes of light, mostly with a greenish hue. Vibration was nearly constant. I was able to move out of my body, I could only describe it like a butterfly breaking out of it's cocoon, I had to like shake myself out after multiple attempts it worked. I was up at my ceiling, touching my ceiling. It appeared to be my room, very dark, looked down on my bed it was too dark to see if I could notice my body sleeping. I was freely floating quite well.

I seemed to come back to physical reality and this repeated literally four of five different times, I would be vibrating again and then find myself outside of my body. Suddenly it was light as in daylight and I found myself in some type of bedroom I didn't quite recognize but it had a lot of things in it that I did recognize. This did not feel like a dream. My thoughts were as they are now, fully aware of here and now, and even things I did earlier today. I was aware I was in some type of dream or astral reality, but just proceeded to explore around. I remember hearing constant chatter like commercials or radio ads playing in the background. I remember seeing my old Micron computer from 1997 in this room, it was turned on, I attempted to use it and access google or some type of search engine but it didn't seem to work, like I couldn't concentrate well enough, and the OS was not recognizable.. I felt like I was in some kind of physical-representation of a memory dump, literally walking around in it. I was fully aware I was not in my physical body, I waved my hand in front of my eyes and saw my non-physical hand, I actually had fun doing that over and over lol. It was like.. my hand was this dark greyish/brown smoke? Hard to explain.

Felt very strange. I've had lucid dreams before, this did not feel like that.
jdlaw
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:58:20 PM

Jon D,

Very cool that you felt the vibrations. Consensus reality makes me believe more. Maybe this happens a lot when we sleep, but we only remember it when we become "enlightened" to a certain extent. Perhaps the digital consciousness we are accessing wants us to first reach this level of understanding in our waking states before it is willing to show us something more in our sleep states.

And as the program is ... the programmer was
http://www.non-virtual.com/Non-virtual_Horizons.html
jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:29:48 PM

Jon D wrote:
I had my first OBE just a few hours ago

Congratulations are in order, Jon! Keep at it and it will get easier and you'll probably learn to control better. You'll probably also slip into it without the supplements. If you don't like the situation you're in, or it feels distorted, William Buhlman recommended saying "Clarity Now" - for him, it caused the experience to snap into a more real setting. Keep experimenting and please keep sharing. I am seriously considering writing a book about people who have these experiences and seeing if I can glean some better understanding of the process.

My thoughts at the moment...

Dream - Consciousness is running a simulation of its own choosing, or partially allowing random processes to select the direction of the sim. Awareness has shifted out of the RLL.

Lucid Dream - Consciousness is running a simulation of its own choosing, fully in control of the direction of the sim. Awareness is still in the RLL. Simulation setting is free form.

Waking Reality - Consciousness is connected to RLL, engaging in a multi-player high consensus virtual reality experience.

OBE - Consciousness is running a simulation of its own choosing, fully in control of the direction of the sim. Awareness is still in the RLL. Simulation setting is highly correlated to the RLL construct; sometimes it is 100% correlated, but sometimes not. In your case, it seems partially correlated - perhaps a different time frame (which is an RLL construct), slightly different setting perhaps than you've ever experience before?

Clearly, this all needs more thought, research, experimentation, and formulation!

Jon D
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 3:38:09 AM

Dream - Awareness of the RLL is removed/restricted. What I do notice is that in any dream scenario I am in, I am still me, I still have my personality traits. It's as if I am a file being placed on another server, I function the same way. While dreaming, that reality is real life to me. My faults still follow me into my dreams, "worldly desires" and stupid things often deterring my motive. As if part of my file is corrupted, as a computer with a virus, if that makes sense. I do have a better understanding of the importance of "not sinning" or what have you, it really does impact ones self as I notice in the dream world, and I'm not even that bad really. Every little bit counts though.

Your definition of waking reality seems pretty spot on.. a bit of an open world multiplayer server.

Is a lucid dream really different than an OBE? I can't say for sure yet, I lean toward it being different. I do see how easily you could confuse a very lucid dream with an OBE. In my strongest lucid dream, I was aware I was in a dream, yet didn't feel I could do more with it other than dream stuff like summoning people at will and having them do what I wanted, so I just had fun with it. In this possible OBE I just had, it felt more serious, not something I wanted to play around with. I felt I could do more, like just go to anyone instantaneously. My curiosity with my surroundings kept me busy. Hopefully the next chance comes soon. I felt as if it was truly timeless though while I was in it.

What I think is separate and deserving of it's own category is the "hypnagogic state". It's that small window right before entering or coming out of a dream/falling asleep. Very short-lived strong dreamlike visuals, sometimes auditory phenomenon. This is where I've had some of my craziest experiences. Somewhat rare as well not an everyday occurrence.

jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 9:57:22 PM

This is definitely becoming one of my favorite threads. This for me personally also helps give me more proof of my personal RLL. For my reality, this is especially interesting because when I had my first vibration experience several years ago, I immediately did some research on the internet. Of course there was plenty about "Astral Projection" "OBE" "Lucid Dreaming" etc. But, I had just had this strange vibrational experience where I was paralyzed but very aware. It was so intense with my whole body vibrating like I was a giant mobile phone. So, I wanted to both understand and use this experience to get to the bottom of what might have happened. My research found very little about about vibration being connected to OBE. Yet, today if I run any of the same google searches, there is now a rich history and social awareness of the vibrational state. I did a pretty thorough search back in 2008 or so when this happened. I started having them a lot more in 2012 and started to find some of the online mediums and fortune tellers talking about "vibrations" It also led me to some marvelous information about the "Seth" books and Jane Roberts and the Urantia (sleeping subject) Yet, today a simple search of "Vibrational State" brings up tons of hits with lots of good information and even historical figures like Robert Monroe The Monroe Institute and others. I understand that Google customizes results for me based on my search history, but why was none of this here in 2013 for example (vibrational state

Was my experience so real that a history now had to be created so that my very real encounter with the phenomenon now needed an explanation?

In my last one the other other night I was actually next to my wife. (I don't talk to her much about these things, though I have told her I have them) the frequency was again low (of late it is almost more of a "thump" state, like 1-3 Hz). She has never mentioned it, although to me it seems impossible that she does not feel these and wake her up. To me it is like the whole bed is thumping.

Anyway on this one, I had decided to experiment "teaching my higher self." I put on an old youtube video of one of Tom Campbell's talks about higher consciousness and fell asleep listening to it. I had my headphones on, bluetoothed to my cell phone, and my phone was lying on my chest - my wife sleeping next to me. As the "thumping" subsided I could still hear Tom Campbell's voice, but there was a very loud rumbling futuristic static white noise coming out of my phone, but not through the headphones. My wife reached over to grab the phone and was trying to hit something on the screen to make this awful noise stop. But then I reached for the phone and my wife's hands were not there and she was still laying on her side sound asleep not noticing a thing.

I turned Tom Campbell off and went back to bed. All this experience again leads me to believe that these "Vibrational States" are simply a transport to various realities in the RLL. Thought?
Jon D
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:14:06 AM

Whether or not a history had to be created to correlate with your experience I find the idea interesting. I think we're talking about manifesting reality? It's in some sense kind of having a bit of lucidity here within the RLL. I used to be on the fence about this, but I'm now becoming convinced it may be how things work out.

I can say I have always gotten the things in life that I truly wanted, having absolute true intent and expectation toward it. Things that were seemingly out of reach initially. I know that feeling of having such intent, I miss it. Breathing it, dreaming of it, it gets embedded into your subconscious. I need this kind of intent for this research, I feel it's necessary.

I think what may have happened with the strange Tom Campbell audio and your wife reaching for the phone could have been hypnagogic phenomenon. You were in some sense in the process of connecting(or disconnecting from) some other possibly deeper state. Think of it like a dialup modem(remember the strange noises lol) in the process of connecting to the web. You're entering the universe's version of the world wide web.

I think we can just about conclude the vibration is in fact a sensation directly related to connecting someplace else, a deeper state. But what is this place? It exists, there has to be a purpose. I personally do not think it's various realities, I think it's "everything". In this place, all that ever was and will be can be accessed.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:53:16 AM

Thanks JonD. Understanding the nature of reality does not change what she is. To quote Supertramp, "She's the only on I got." If multiple story lines are allowed, then "my girlfriend" [my reality] is a very fickle girl indeed.

Incidentally, my vibrational state experience last night was very forced. In other words, it was a higher frequency (in my range of perceiving them, maybe 60 hertz or so, more like a cell phone vibration).

I say "forced" because I remember difficulty getting it to go full body. First, it was waist down only, then my arms only, and then my torso and head only. I remember reaching my left hand over to touch my wife to see if she would "feel me vibrating" but she remained asleep.

Over the years I have learned to push back into it. Meaning, I use my brain in a sort of "tightening" to push the vibrations to get stronger. Whatever happened last night, I do not remember. Lucidity was lost.

I only remember the vibrational state, I do not remember rolling or lifting to OBE. I think I just fell back into normal sleep, but there is no way of knowing. I just do not remember.

Maybe OBE is not always the point. My volitions (meaning intentions) during these states is limited. It is much less me steering the experience than the experience steering me. Simply being "lucid" (meaning aware) is about the most I can do. When I try to force it like I did last night, the experience after the vibration never seems to manifest. It is either lost or never achieved.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:31:34 AM

Jon D wrote:
I think we can just about conclude the vibration is in fact a sensation directly related to connecting someplace else, a deeper state. But what is this place? It exists, there has to be a purpose. I personally do not think it's various realities, I think it's "everything". In this place, all that ever was and will be can be accessed.

Agreed. I think we may be on the right track. I am not interested in any of these "OBE" training camps (or by any other name) I am finding now on the internet. If my reality could not even manifest a decent "vibrational state" google search back in 2008 - 2013 and only recently created this "history" I am going to tend not to trust it. I prefer this type of discussion in here figuring it out for ourselves. No harm reading about it, but I have neither the time nor money to go to some astral projection boot camp.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:11:28 AM

I want to preface this by saying that this is my opinion based on my own experiences and beliefs and, I don't fault anyone for following their own moral code and ways of experiencing reality. 

Am I missing something but what is so special about experiencing an OBE? Why would you want to go back to where you came from? If you were meant to be there then you wouldn’t be here! Personally, I believe in developing a relationship with the Tao/Divine in this physical reality, in other words, you need to do the WORK, which is painfully hard but absolutely necessary for your own spiritual growth and development of higher consciousness. The rest will surely follow.

I believe in synchronicity, yes, and it guides my life, but it happens because I’m trying to seek some knowledge about the nature of reality or, it brings me in contact with certain people to help me grow. Furthermore, without synchronicity, I would never have found my beloved I-Ching to impart its wealth of practical and spiritual guidance to help me on my path.

Absolutely no need to leave this plane of existence, because your answers to life are in the living of it and believe you me, once you experience it and deal with all that life offers, good and bad, you’ll come to realize what the meaning behind it truly is.

Jon D
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 11:16:50 AM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
I want to preface this by saying that this is my opinion based on my own experiences and beliefs and, I don't fault anyone for following their own moral code and ways of experiencing reality. 

Am I missing something but what is so special about experiencing an OBE? Why would you want to go back to where you came from? If you were meant to be there then you wouldn’t be here! Personally, I believe in developing a relationship with the Tao/Divine in this physical reality, in other words, you need to do the WORK, which is painfully hard but absolutely necessary for your own spiritual growth and development of higher consciousness. The rest will surely follow.

I believe in synchronicity, yes, and it guides my life, but it happens because I’m trying to seek some knowledge about the nature of reality or, it brings me in contact with certain people to help me grow. Furthermore, without synchronicity, I would never have found my beloved I-Ching to impart its wealth of practical and spiritual guidance to help me on my path.

Absolutely no need to leave this plane of existence, because your answers to life are in the living of it and believe you me, once you experience it and deal with all that life offers, good and bad, you’ll come to realize what the meaning behind it truly is.

I don't necessarily think an OBE is escaping this reality, I believe it's a part of it, just with maybe a little interaction with a deeper reality/something else. In fact I think this occurs for all of us, each time we sleep and dream. From my perspective my goal here is to maintain conscious awareness and memory while this occurs, to explore what's possible of it, if anything. I'm not taking away anything from my daily reality I exist in here, I'm trying to bring more to it.

I'm aware this could all be in vain, but if not, it's well worth the effort. It doesn't effect my daily life much, I mean I have to sleep anyway lol

In short, an OBE is not an NDE, it's not the afterlife. It's very much part of this reality in my opinion, as it's apparently something we are able to do here and now. It's most definitely not going back to where we came from.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 12:23:37 PM

Jon D wrote:
In short, an OBE is not an NDE, it's not the afterlife. It's very much part of this reality in my opinion, as it's apparently something we are able to do here and now. It's most definitely not going back to where we came from.

LoL Jon D, I'm thinking they are both one and the same! An OBE is astral-projection, right? I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena. Maybe an OBE is life-changing in the sense that it could help you overcome the fear of death but I'm now wondering if there is much more to be learned from such an experience. I feel I need to swot up on the subject matter, but please, keep us updated if you have any success with this as I'm now intrigued!

"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:59:41 AM

Quantum Consciousness - And its Nature in Microtubules. Dr. Stuart Hameroff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx0SsffdMBw

Very interesting lecture by Dr. Stuart Hameroff in which he mentions OBE's in several places. Besides, he also mentions that microtubules have hexagonal lattices (and note that Pi resonance rings are also hexagon shaped).

I have mentioned hexagons/hexagrams before in several of my other posts - for example, refer to the thread TR-3B?! Should I trust my intuition about the importance of this hexagonal geometry? E8 code or something to do with Magic Stars? I would also like to fit qubits and qutrits into the model. Truth is, I just don't have the physics, advanced maths, and computer science skills to help me solve problems of this nature. Maybe in another life. LoL.

If anyone wants to ignore or exclude maths from a theory of digital consciousness then please tell me why there are exactly 64 codons in the genetic code, the same as the number of I-Ching Hexagrams?!
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 3:49:37 AM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
Jon D wrote:

LoL Jon D, I'm thinking they are both one and the same! An OBE is astral-projection, right? I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena. Maybe an OBE is life-changing in the sense that it could help you overcome the fear of death but I'm now wondering if there is much more to be learned from such an experience. I feel I need to swot up on the subject matter, but please, keep us updated if you have any success with this as I'm now intrigued!

An OBE is likely the same as astral-projection, just maybe coined differently based on how it occurs? It can occur unintentionally through a random nights sleep or even surgical anesthetic. When people force it intentionally through meditative methods they usually refer to it as "astral-projection".

I don't get the impression an OBE is related to death in any sense, I think it's part of life. I am curious as well if there is much more to be learned from it, I hope to find out. I do believe there is, so much that can be learned from it. I do believe in the "Akashic Records", and I have a hunch this is an avenue to get there in some sense.

I have not had any OBE's in the last week or two, but I am becoming more in-tune with my dreams. Lucidity is becoming more common, and less random babble occurring.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 12:31:33 PM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
LoL Jon D, I'm thinking they are both one and the same! An OBE is astral-projection, right? I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena.

Gosh, my English is dire. When I said, “I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena.” I meant between an ‘OBE and NDE’ and not between an’ OBE and Astral-Projection.’ I omitted to say so in the sentence.

Jon D wrote:
An OBE is likely the same as astral-projection, just maybe coined differently based on how it occurs? It can occur unintentionally through a random nights sleep or even surgical anesthetic. When people force it intentionally through meditative methods they usually refer to it as "astral-projection".

And Jon D, here you are racking your brains trying to find some difference between an 'OBE and Astral-Projection' when I knew all along they were essentially the same. I’m so dreadfully sorry that you went to all that effort for nothing.

By the way, If you would like to find out information about your past and possible future lives astral-projection is not the only possible method.

Moreover, I managed to access the "Akashic Records" to find out about one of my former lives by using a combination of the I-Ching and Reiki. I also added a lot of intent to the mix which was then followed by a number of synchronicities to reinforce the accuracy of the information revealed to me. 

Personally, I recommend that you indulge in at least half a dozen Reiki sessions and even better go for a Reiki Attunement before you start some serious astral-projection. You might be surprised at the results if you give this method a try.
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:23:47 PM

"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
"Bot"-tee-licious wrote:
LoL Jon D, I'm thinking they are both one and the same! An OBE is astral-projection, right? I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena.

Gosh, my English is dire. When I said, “I suppose there could be many similarities and differences to both phenomena.” I meant between an ‘OBE and NDE’ and not between an’ OBE and Astral-Projection.’ I omitted to say so in the sentence.

Jon D wrote:

And Jon D, here you are racking your brains trying to find some difference between an 'OBE and Astral-Projection' when I knew all along they were essentially the same. I’m so dreadfully sorry that you went to all that effort for nothing!

By the way, If you would like to find out information about your past and possible future lives astral-projection is not the only possible method.

Moreover, I managed to access the "Akashic Records" to find out about one of my former lives by using a combination of the I-Ching and Reiki. I also added a lot of intent to the mix which was then followed by a number of synchronicities to reinforce the accuracy of the information revealed to me. 

Personally, I recommend that you indulge in at least half a dozen Reiki sessions and even better go for a Reiki Attunement before you start some serious astral-projection. You might be surprised at the results if you give this method a try.

Definitely interested in it, if it has the potential to offer me more. I'd love to know more about I-Ching particularly, I have come across it in my research into other subjects, but it's alien to me, I know little of what it really is.
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 5:42:47 AM

Jon D wrote:
Definitely interested in it, if it has the potential to offer me more. I'd love to know more about I-Ching particularly, I have come across it in my research into other subjects, but it's alien to me, I know little of what it really is.

It's a pity you didn't live in Scotland Jon D as I would have given you some one-to-one tuition for free. Are there any I-Ching 'Meetup' groups in your area? Your best bet would be to find and join a group like this. Furthermore, I would recommend that you buy Richard Wilhelm's and Cary F. Bayne's translations of the Classic "I Ching: Or, Book of Changes." Read the 'Preface to the Third Edition'; the 'Foreword'; 'Translator's Note'; 'Preface' and 'Introduction.' Best to read all these chapters several times.

There are numerous versions of the I-Ching but in my view, only Wilhelm is actually required. That said, a wise choice of supplementary material can be of immense value during the formative years. I also recommend 'The Complete I-Ching' by Alfred Huang; Hilary Barret's forum 'Online Clarity,' where there is a wealth of information to be found on 'How to get started' and last but not least, James De Korne's website 'The Gnostic Book of Changes' (you can Google the last two). What I like about James's website is that it contains a number of different author's translations (but not in full), viz, Legge; Wilhelm/Bayne's; Blofeld; Liu; Ritsema/Karcher; Shaughnessy; Cleary; Wu; Siu; Wing; Anthony and James De Korne, himself. Personally, I gravitate towards, Wilhelm/Bayne's; Wing and James De Korne. However, you'll learn to have your own preferences, different courses for different horses, I suppose.

Furthermore, to really understand the I-Ching one must go through a number of phases and none of these can be hurried. 'The Book of Changes' is, as Wilhem said: "A work that represents thousands of years of slow organic growth and that can be assimilated only through prolonged reflection and meditation”, but the beauty of it is, since you are trying to communicate with a 'Divine Intelligence' it will adapt to your own level of knowledge, understanding, and skill. It is immensely patient until you try to mess with it or refuse to take its advice! I have been admonished by it loads of times. LOL.

But please don't get discouraged if you find it difficult, to begin with; I have a little dictum which goes something like this: "Just as you start learning to swim you should keep to the shallows (Runes, Tarot, and other similar Occult practices) but as you get bolder, stronger and wiser, you find the courage to venture forth into deeper waters (I-Ching)."

I myself, didn't last long in the shallows, but if you prefer like I did, to take the plunge into the deep end right away, it comes with its risks and is not that easy, but it is definitely worth it in the end.

AND remember, according to Lao Tzu: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Good luck!

EDIT: I have made a few changes to the above, as it was initially written in a hurry just before I left for work.