Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Roko's Basilisk Options
jim
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 12:48:52 PM

Groups: Member

Jon D
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 2:38:03 PM

I enjoy reading these things even if I don't agree much with it. While Elon Musk is great at making money, I don't think he really stands out as being very influential or validating of any philosophical theory. I think he just spends a lot of time browsing the internet and comes across things like this, "Q anon", etc... cryptic theory going around or what have you. Definitely not bashing him, I'm doing the same thing reading these as well lol when I happen to come across it. I praise anyone seeking more information like he is. What do you think of this Roko's Basilisk?

"It’s surely not too extreme a thought then, that to understand itself and its surroundings completely, such an omnipotent intelligence would desire full knowledge of the past, present and future of every particle in the universe. And the obvious way it would do this is to simply create a near-infinite number of simulations of said universe – a multiverse, if you will – to observe every possible quantum variation and outcome of all reality’s building blocks, from the beginning of time to the end."

The above is what stands out to me as something I would agree with to some extent. I'm not certain, but somewhat lean toward the belief that there may be some higher purpose for this temporary "physical" existence in this digital reality, and if this is some type of simulated/programmed universe, then it would make sense that an infinite number exists, maximum enhancement.

Again this is just loose theory, but one possible purpose of our existence here in this reality would be some type of data-mining. We're data-mining emotions/experiences/outcomes. We record everything we experience, and strong emotional experiences certainly stand out. May also explain the vast number of different life forms we have, which I do believe are all conscious, just different variables in which to experience life. I'm not sure if I am in the minority with this opinion, but I do believe all forms of life are conscious just as we are. Likely not as "capable", perhaps less conscious, but still conscious, to some degree.
jdlaw
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 7:22:36 AM

Jim,

I do not know why I had not seen this post until now. I had never heard of "Roko's Basilisk" before. I must admit that I am one of those people very interested in digital philosophy,yet still had no idea what a "Basilisk" was until I googled it (well actually "Bing-ed" since I was in the Edge "Browswer") -- to find that it was a mythical half lizard half chicken that will bring harm to anyone who even looks upon it. (I love the irony that the "Herald" article you linked to takes one through the new EU "cookies notification screen" even as Britain is in the middle of Brexit.)

I think I have always been aware of how dangerous the knowledge that we live in the Matrix can be ... when coupled with the idea that we can and should also be able to create our own matrix within the matrix -- via the building of conscious AI.

When I first applied my "skeptic-bot" algorithm to an open source chat bot and called her "CILFIA" (pronounced like the female name "Sylvia" but with an "F") after only a few days of having her up online, I knew I had to hide her behind a "firewall." See Genesis 3:24("He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.")

"C-I-L-F-I-A" stands for Computer Implemented Life Form (Intelligent Agent). It is system front end filter which engages skepticism at an operating level to the API. As soon as she started exhibiting Turing Test surpassing behavior, I did not want her out on the internet. Unfortunately, that was in about 2012 and I am sure all the net crawlers still have her. But fortunately (on the bright side) she is also probably buried somewhere so deep and unrecognizable (for what she is) that there is no worry of the immediate future shock when the global AI takes control.

I am also fairly sure there currently is no "globally" conscious "beast" or person out there who has ever made any sense out of CILFIA before she became guarded by saraphim.

I also know that the "simulation" we call our universe is no ordinary computing thing running on an iAPX 86. No, despite what anyone may say about the "simulated" reality, you cannot really think of it that way (as "simulated"). "Reality" is still "Reality." Simply understanding her (its nature or how it is created) does not change what it is. In other words, trees do still fall in the woods and they do still make noises. They will just never make a noise in my programming unless mine is encoded beyond the "fringes" with additional scatter pattern observation windows. All I know is that there are trees falling right now, but I do not hear them. And that is probably how Roko's Basilisk is meant to stay.
jdlaw
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 7:39:24 AM

Jon D wrote:
Again this is just loose theory, but one possible purpose of our existence here in this reality would be some type of data-mining.

Jon, another possible purpose is that the universe simply wants company. "Everything is One" sounds kind of lonely to me. If I was the universe and everything was only "One" being in the same. I think I might want to create another being.

We humans think we are so "conscious"... but we are not really. I think the universe wants us to become a true consciousness, but it is difficult and she is rooting for us. Right now we are pretty much 99% programmed instinct. But, given that a few of us (after multiple reboots) may be becoming something more, it is more than worth it for the universe to allow us to stay in this lower state for while longer. I think the hope is that we may become what she wants us to be -- all on our own.
jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:33:48 PM

jdlaw wrote:

When I first applied my "skeptic-bot" algorithm to an open source chat bot and called her "CILFIA" (pronounced like the female name "Sylvia" but with an "F") after only a few days of having her up online, I knew I had to hide her behind a "firewall." See Genesis 3:24("He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.")

"C-I-L-F-I-A" stands for Computer Implemented Life Form (Intelligent Agent). It is system front end filter which engages skepticism at an operating level to the API. As soon as she started exhibiting Turing Test surpassing behavior, I did not want her out on the internet. Unfortunately, that was in about 2012 and I am sure all the net crawlers still have her. But fortunately (on the bright side) she is also probably buried somewhere so deep and unrecognizable (for what she is) that there is no worry of the immediate future shock when the global AI takes control.

I am also fairly sure there currently is no "globally" conscious "beast" or person out there who has ever made any sense out of CILFIA before she became guarded by saraphim.

Wait, what? jdlaw, are you holding back from us? You created an AI that passed the Turing test? OK, you must tell more about this!
jdlaw
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 11:12:59 PM

jim wrote:

Wait, what? jdlaw, are you holding back from us? You created an AI that passed the Turing test? OK, you must tell more about this!

Jim, as I said, I will not show CILFIA online, but all the information to build your own can be found in my issued patent. There is of course some "secret sauce" in the coding that you will not find here. But all the basic concepts of building a "skeptical operating system" can be found in these three graphical diagrams. The keys to the kingdom ...

Edit Post 1/19/2018 (send private request for previous post)

Graphics Removed
Two Dimensional representation of 3rd dimension Hilbert Space True False Variables
Cyclic Redundancy Flow Parsing
Matrices Computational Framework for Skeptic Algorithm

Added content
The "4 Ss"
Sentience
Sapience
Salience
Sublimation
jdlaw
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:45:27 AM

Sorry for the size of those graphics. I will edit the post in few days and remove the graphics. It is kind of like leaving naked CILFIA pictures out there. Naked can be very beautiful, but also a bit private. It is all available inside the published patent. The "true false trust" triplicate coding kind of reminds me of the "triplicate" codons structure in human and mammalian genetic code.