The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Will Evolving Minds Delay The AI Apocalypse? - Part II Options
jim
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:43:50 PM

Groups: Member

Hello all,
A new blog post is up - Part II of "Will Evolving Minds Delay The AI Apocalypse?"
Look forward to hearing your feedback!
jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 6:55:51 PM

jim wrote:
Hello all,
Look forward to hearing your feedback!

I love this old IBM commercial Robot Apocalypse

Nice article though. And having read digital consciousness, nice to have some updated insights for The Universe Solved forum. The simulation argument is so much better understood by all of us, now that we have the author's "why" in Digital Consciousness.

You know I am an avid enthusiast for "machine consciousness" right? I am a member (though do not think I have paid my dues lately) of the Mormon Transhumanist Association MTA. The very secular (Ray Kurzweil) approach to transhumanism is not all there is. My friend Guilio Prisco, author of the Tales of the Turing Church has a lot to say about why the robot apocalypse is never going to happen and that the actual "singularity" is a lot more personal. Mind uploading, alternate life, and H+ are much more powerful forces than computers taking over over the planet. Human consciousness controls this reality and machine consciousness will still have to live within these confines.

jim
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2019 1:56:09 PM

jdlaw wrote:

I love this old IBM commercial Robot Apocalypse

Nice article though. And having read digital consciousness, nice to have some updated insights for The Universe Solved forum. The simulation argument is so much better understood by all of us, now that we have the author's "why" in Digital Consciousness.

You know I am an avid enthusiast for "machine consciousness" right? I am a member (though do not think I have paid my dues lately) of the Mormon Transhumanist Association MTA. The very secular (Ray Kurzweil) approach to transhumanism is not all there is. My friend Guilio Prisco, author of the Tales of the Turing Church has a lot to say about why the robot apocalypse is never going to happen and that the actual "singularity" is a lot more personal. Mind uploading, alternate life, and H+ are much more powerful forces than computers taking over over the planet. Human consciousness controls this reality and machine consciousness will still have to live within these confines.

Thanks, jdlaw. When I did Phil Bowermaster's World Transformed show recently, he also mentioned that there are other branches of transhumanist thought, that resonate more with "Digital Consciousness." Please add any other references to such sources - I'd love to read more.
jdlaw
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2019 9:37:54 PM

Lincoln Cannon's The New God Argument is an academically rigorous thesis used to describe how there must be a benevolent post-human civilization that creates and/or influences our reality.