The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Any Methods or Models as to how we Program our Reality? Options
sburnettjr
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:29:47 AM
Groups: Member

Does anyone have a working model as to how we program reality? A computer analogy as to how we actually collapse a wave function? Think So far what I've come up with is the method of sigilization and our brain working with symbols as sort of a software (through ritual, binaural beats, isochronic tones, images, colors, candles, correspondences, affirmations, etc.). Thanks in advance, I've been searching for this book and forum for years!
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:54:48 AM

Hello sburnettjr and welcome to the forum. Good to have you on-board
jim
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 5:53:32 PM

Sure thing, sburnettjr. You've come to the right place. And welcome to the forum.

The model is dynamic reality generation. Its easier to think about it with an analogy. Let's say we have written a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) like World of Warcraft or something, where many avatars represent the conscious human who are playing the game. There is a room, in which no one has ever been, because no one has ever found the key to the room. There is no need for the program to model the inside of the room in advance. In fact, it would be inefficient to do so, taking up unneeded memory. Instead, the program waits until someone finds the key and just as they open the door to the room, creates the model of the interior of the room. This is by far the most efficient way to generate a simulated reality.

In our reality, there is much that doesn't need to be defined. The inside structure of every tree, the exact position of atoms and particles. If the reality were digital and generated programmatically, it would only make sense to be efficient. Our universe is efficient because it evolved that way digitally. Our reality is similarly efficient. So it is only efficient to not establish definitive positions for atoms and such until it is actually needed; i.e. an observation is made by a conscious entity. The system is aware of the attempt at that observation because consciousness is fundamental and its intent is build into the workings of the system (our reality). It is aware just as the MMORPG is aware that someone is trying to open the door to the new room. So, at that point, our system collapses the wave function according to its rules of efficient behavior.

Make sense?
ebb101
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 5:06:37 AM

I think the question is more interesting, Jim. I might be wrong, but the question seems to be are there ways that consciousness can interact with "the program"? What language can be used to work with the program?

I think the why "reality is information-based" seems more and more evident. The "how" appears to be less understood. As you mention it responds to intent. Maybe that could be better fleshed out.
sburnettjr
Posted: Saturday, December 6, 2014 10:31:05 PM

ebb101you nailed it. I love that analogy Jim. The closest I've come to this view was in Ramsey Duke's "Words Made Flesh." We can somehow manipulate this "data" and achieve desired results. I guess before delving deeper I should ask if its okay to discuss occult topics that tie in with this. I'm not sure if occult stuff offends readers here or if everyone is familiar with the relation. But they work hand in hand. The Quantum model is used to explain why Magick works and why Practitioners can heal people. I'm really attempting to explain all of these miracles with the this "Simulated Reality" model. This is how we actually perform miracles and attract the things we want. For example, I create a sigil by writing my intent and breaking it down into a glyph or symbol since the s
sburnettjr
Posted: Saturday, December 6, 2014 10:56:22 PM

symbol can be interpreted by the subconscious mind and bypass the conscious mind. Once its imprinted on the subconscious it begins to work on the creation of that desire. It starts on the microcosmic scale and you begin to see synchronicities which shape your new reality the macrocosmic scale. Thats a short breakdown of the psychological model. The quantum model uses all of the quantum theories to explain how we do this. I believe more in this Simulated Reality model than any other now. If we can use this Simulated Reality view of the universe we can positively change our lives instantly! If anyone is familiar with what I'm taking about please pm me if its too deep to discuss here. Thanks for responding guys!
mortimer
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 1:26:47 AM

In other words, what you're asking is how do we hack the program?

One way is to choose optimism over pessimism. It's not exactly fool proof and may only influence reality to a small degree, however, it should be noted that whilst there are many failed optimists, there is no such thing as a successful pessimist.

In the words of Dr. Francis Israel Regardie:

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

media underground
mortimer
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 1:50:45 AM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here yet, but there's an interesting new game coming out called No Man's Sky which uses procedural programming as opposed to random generation. Things in the game aren't there until they've been discovered. This to me seems to be very close to the idea of the programmed reality that Jim talks about in his book. The universe in this game is huge, in fact it is described as "an infinite procedurally generated galaxy".

More here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVl1Hmth3HE

media underground
jdlaw
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 2:24:44 AM

mortimer wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here yet, but there's an interesting new game coming out called No Man's Sky which uses procedural programming as opposed to random generation. Things in the game aren't there until they've been discovered. This to me seems to be very close to the idea of the programmed reality that Jim talks about in his book. The universe in this game is huge, in fact it is described as "an infinite procedurally generated galaxy".

More here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVl1Hmth3HE

Mortimer,

I had not really followed this thread back when they were first developing the game, so this is old news to most. For some reason or another I must have been really busy around the time of this post and had not even been visiting Jim's website. But like a lot things when we finally come to learn about them, they are already old news to everybody else. I remember seeing "Nomansky" in some of the Trans-humanist circles and had not paid much attention to it there either.

And although Sean Murray does not really say it, his "algorithm" approach to "an infinite procedure" is very much the same thing as saying that programming consciousness (of "Free Will") has to be deterministic. After all, what is a universe without a personality?

Think about it. Choice has to be deterministic. If all choice is — is a random spinning of the prize wheel in our minds, then it is not a choice at all. Spinning the wheel, flipping the coin, or any other "sampling" algorithm is really giving up free choice to that random sampling mechanism. Now I am not saying that we do not choose to be random from time to time, but that randomness is not what makes it a choice. Instead when we to that, it is only the choice to be random.

Outside of Laplace's Demon (you know that Demon that knows the location and trajectory of every molecule in the universe) any attempt at random sampling is actually trying to defeat determinism. So, it is not too hard to make the next leap —and simply say that "Free Will" is anything but random.

Free will is a personality generated thing and personality can (and has been) programmed for a long time in computers. The personalities just have been too rudimentary for us to recognize that there has always been a ghost in the machine. From Basic, to Fortran, to C#, there has always been a "Set" function to create programming parameters. Personality is simply setting the parameters of the program and then allowing a set number of degrees of freedom for that personality to change during the operation of the program.

Nomansky simply sets the parameters of up to a Quintilian worlds and then allows the game players to play it out. Sean Murray' game players then wind up creating creatures and features in the worlds that even the programmers never thought of before.

jdlaw wrote:
The "skeptic" approach to programming consciousness is to create a "Deterministic free will." This is much different than a compatabalist evitability approach, because any such compatibalist approach begins with the proposition that free will is inexplicable. It is not.