The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Signals from Proxima Centauri Options
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2020 4:47:44 AM

Groups: Member

Would it not be very cool if SETI could discover extra-terestrial intelligence somewhere in our galaxy during our lifetime?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/alien-hunters-discover-mysterious-signal-from-proxima-centauri/a Centari
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2020 9:18:04 AM

Great find, JDLAW. I never get too excited with these types of discoveries though as they usually turn out to have mundane explanations. I do wonder if we'll ever detect alien life. Perhaps this universe was programmed for only 1 intelligent species to arise - us! The Fermi Paradox is still something that is hard to explain. I mean, we should be seeing evidence of advanced civilisations all around us, I think. If intelligent ET species sprang up 1 million years ago or say 5 billion years ago then surely they would have colonized the entire milky way galaxy by now. The fact that it is so quiet still... well, it really is a paradox, a true mystery.

jdlaw
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 7:58:05 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
The Fermi Paradox is still something that is hard to explain.

My thought on the Fermi Paradox is that we need to depart ourselves from our narrow Newtonian Physics way of thinking about "space ships" as the way for interstellar travel.

The nearest solar system to our own is 4.37 light-years (1.34 parsecs) from the Sun. Of the 63 systems under 20 light years, only 13 are not red dwarfs. It might simply be a matter of the numbers. The star systems with characteristics coming close enough to support "intelligent life" as we know it are probably numerous, but much further than is even possible to travel to in ships.

Most of what we see in our galaxy when we look into the night sky is actually billions of years old as it takes that long for the light to get here. Faster than light ("FTL") is not even possible under standard Newtonian physics.

I think we must come to the realization that interstellar travel is necessarily inter-dimensional travel. TV and movies theorized engines (warp) to push through a dimensional bubble around the ship to bend space-time as propulsion. That kind of FTL might be just convenient for Hollywood.

I do not see any type of propulsion resulting in interstellar travel. A more plausible way of actual interstellar communication might really be just that. It should be "visitation" and not "travel" like Hollywood depicts it.

"The truth is out there."
jim
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2020 4:00:46 PM

jdlaw wrote:
EKUMA1981 wrote:
The Fermi Paradox is still something that is hard to explain.

My thought on the Fermi Paradox is that we need to depart ourselves from our narrow Newtonian Physics way of thinking about "space ships" as the way for interstellar travel.

The nearest solar system to our own is 4.37 light-years (1.34 parsecs) from the Sun. Of the 63 systems under 20 light years, only 13 are not red dwarfs. It might simply be a matter of the numbers. The star systems with characteristics coming close enough to support "intelligent life" as we know it are probably numerous, but much further than is even possible to travel to in ships.

Most of what we see in our galaxy when we look into the night sky is actually billions of years old as it takes that long for the light to get here. Faster than light ("FTL") is not even possible under standard Newtonian physics.

I think we must come to the realization that interstellar travel is necessarily inter-dimensional travel. TV and movies theorized engines (warp) to push through a dimensional bubble around the ship to bend space-time as propulsion. That kind of FTL might be just convenient for Hollywood.

I do not see any type of propulsion resulting in interstellar travel. A more plausible way of actual interstellar communication might really be just that. It should be "visitation" and not "travel" like Hollywood depicts it.

"The truth is out there."

Could not agree more, jdlaw.

"Thinking is the best way to travel"
- Moody Blues

Given my views on reality, the interdimensional concept is a metaphor that makes so much sense. And then, having seen the little buggers myself, it was more of an exclamation point to the interdimensional idea than an aha moment. In a programmatic reality, it is so easy for intelligences to exist at different levels, to cloak, to appear when and how it wants and to whomever it wants. It kind of renders the Fermi Paradox a little archaic if not completely obsolete.

EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:26:56 PM

Quote:
Given my views on reality, the interdimensional concept is a metaphor that makes so much sense. And then, having seen the little buggers myself, it was more of an exclamation point to the interdimensional idea than an aha moment. In a programmatic reality, it is so easy for intelligences to exist at different levels, to cloak, to appear when and how it wants and to whomever it wants. It kind of renders the Fermi Paradox a little archaic if not completely obsolete.

But Jim, what were them things that you witnessed? OK, so let's say that they really are inter-dimensional... but that still does not explain why they behave the way they do. I mean, these phenomena have been occurring for millennia and still they remain elusive and still they don't want to communicate properly with the whole of humankind. We must ask ourselves why that is. Also, I've found evidence that the UFO phenomenon is closely related to the paranormal phenomenon. So whatever these things are they all originate from the same place, I believe. And the way some of these "beings" behave is utterly disgusting. I mean, look at the case of Keith Linder and you'll see just how destructive and menacing this phenomena can be.

So I have come to the conclusion that all these phenomena can't be trusted and that they are more demonic than anything else. Like I said they ALL are elusive, whether it's cryptids, ETs, poltergeists, etc, and the only reason I think they exist at all is to confuse, scare, and divide humanity. This is also kinda how the Bible sums it all up.

I also like the catchphrase Steve Mera and Barry Fitzgerald use... "Same phenomena, different mask".
Jon D
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 10:35:10 AM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
Quote:

But Jim, what were them things that you witnessed? OK, so let's say that they really are inter-dimensional... but that still does not explain why they behave the way they do. I mean, these phenomena have been occurring for millennia and still they remain elusive and still they don't want to communicate properly with the whole of humankind. We must ask ourselves why that is. Also, I've found evidence that the UFO phenomenon is closely related to the paranormal phenomenon. So whatever these things are they all originate from the same place, I believe. And the way some of these "beings" behave is utterly disgusting. I mean, look at the case of Keith Linder and you'll see just how destructive and menacing this phenomena can be.

So I have come to the conclusion that all these phenomena can't be trusted and that they are more demonic than anything else. Like I said they ALL are elusive, whether it's cryptids, ETs, poltergeists, etc, and the only reason I think they exist at all is to confuse, scare, and divide humanity. This is also kinda how the Bible sums it all up.

I also like the catchphrase Steve Mera and Barry Fitzgerald use... "Same phenomena, different mask".

Assuming they are highly intelligent, which I believe they are, I think it's very easy to see why they do not communicate with us on an open level, just look at the state of our world. We have greedy competing nations with destructive militaries, there is literally no window for them to make any type of fair communication with us that would be used for the greater good. We're not ready for that, not at all. Whatever these beings are or wherever they are from they are absolutely correct to keep their distance from us.

I don't think they are to be feared. They are indeed strangers to us, but we have to accept that if we are ever to explore something greater, something more, we're going to have to trust strangers we may encounter or we will not get very far. In my opinion the concept of "conquerer-explorer" is just primitive and not something that any type of advanced intelligent race would practice. If I personally ever have a close encounter, I will be approaching. I'll take that risk any day for the chance to meet something different, from afar. If we're talking about "demonic" things, I think there's plenty of that here on earth within humanity. It's our own kind that confuses and divides us, but you know that already.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2021 12:09:14 AM

Quote:
Assuming they are highly intelligent, which I believe they are, I think it's very easy to see why they do not communicate with us on an open level, just look at the state of our world. We have greedy competing nations with destructive militaries, there is literally no window for them to make any type of fair communication with us that would be used for the greater good. We're not ready for that, not at all. Whatever these beings are or wherever they are from they are absolutely correct to keep their distance from us.

I don't think they are to be feared. They are indeed strangers to us, but we have to accept that if we are ever to explore something greater, something more, we're going to have to trust strangers we may encounter or we will not get very far. In my opinion the concept of "conquerer-explorer" is just primitive and not something that any type of advanced intelligent race would practice. If I personally ever have a close encounter, I will be approaching. I'll take that risk any day for the chance to meet something different, from afar. If we're talking about "demonic" things, I think there's plenty of that here on earth within humanity. It's our own kind that confuses and divides us, but you know that already.

No, I completely disagree with you here, Jon D. I mean, have you actually looked into that Keith Linder case I mentioned in my previous post? Whatever was inside of Keith's home it was causing absolute mayhem. The phenomenon was throwing items around his house, burning items, tipping up furniture, writing all over his walls... is this really the mentality of advanced beings? I think not. Btw, Keith had to move out of his home and he also lost his partner as it caused division between them. There's many cases like Keith's and they all are kinda the same with similar outcomes.

So yes, I do think when you study these cases you come to the conclusion that the phenomena is malevolent and really no use to furthering humanity. And like I said you never seem to get much sense out of these beings. Many people have tried to get direct responses to questions but the answers always come back vague and ambiguous. And even if you do get answers are the answers truthful? The phenomena is also very deceptive, I've discovered.

Also, they (whatever they are) could be helping humanity more if they chose to. They can interact when they want to, but they mostly seem to just want to terrorize and confuse people. I mean, why don't they do something really useful and give us clean technology, or why don't they intervene when children are being abused, etc? There's a lot of institutionalized child abuse going on in the world so why don't they put a stop to that?!

So no, I don't believe they are more intelligent than us because if they were they would probably be more altruistic and caring and put an end to all this Earthly nonsense. Instead they just seem to sit back and observe all these sins taking place and do absolutely nothing.

And just because they appear to reside in higher dimensions does not make them more advanced than us. Yes, they may enjoy extra dimensionality and be outside of time, but they certainly don't appear to me to be super intelligent. Far from it.
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2021 8:16:09 AM

EKUMA1981 wrote:

No, I completely disagree with you here, Jon D. I mean, have you actually looked into that Keith Linder case I mentioned in my previous post? Whatever was inside of Keith's home it was causing absolute mayhem. The phenomenon was throwing items around his house, burning items, tipping up furniture, writing all over his walls... is this really the mentality of advanced beings? I think not. Btw, Keith had to move out of his home and he also lost his partner as it caused division between them. There's many cases like Keith's and they all are kinda the same with similar outcomes.

So yes, I do think when you study these cases you come to the conclusion that the phenomena is malevolent and really no use to furthering humanity. And like I said you never seem to get much sense out of these beings. Many people have tried to get direct responses to questions but the answers always come back vague and ambiguous. And even if you do get answers are the answers truthful? The phenomena is also very deceptive, I've discovered.

Also, they (whatever they are) could be helping humanity more if they chose to. They can interact when they want to, but they mostly seem to just want to terrorize and confuse people. I mean, why don't they do something really useful and give us clean technology, or why don't they intervene when children are being abused, etc? There's a lot of institutionalized child abuse going on in the world so why don't they put a stop to that?!

So no, I don't believe they are more intelligent than us because if they were they would probably be more altruistic and caring and put an end to all this Earthly nonsense. Instead they just seem to sit back and observe all these sins taking place and do absolutely nothing.

And just because they appear to reside in higher dimensions does not make them more advanced than us. Yes, they may enjoy extra dimensionality and be outside of time, but they certainly don't appear to me to be super intelligent. Far from it.

If we're talking about hauntings, I can agree those can be very malevolent, and I do believe they are real. I'm familiar with a lot of those cases, and many of them have police witnesses to back it up. Forgive me if I misunderstood you, I was specifically referring to the possibility of highly intelligent alien life attributed with the UFO phenomena. I consider it separate from the ghost/haunting phenomena.

If we are so highly intelligent, why don't WE put a stop to the suffering and abuse in the world? To have another "race"(for lack of a better word) come here and fix our own issues for us, I just cannot see that being the solution, because then what do we become? Do we lose our free will? We must fix our own problems. If anyone is guilty of neglect, it's us. We have the ultra-rich contemplating expanding to Mars, while right here on earth we have millions who are currently starving and living in filth.

I hope you understand my perspective. I fully believe that humans CAN be a highly intelligent race that has a lot to offer the universe. We're just not there yet.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 3:55:46 AM

Quote:
If we're talking about hauntings, I can agree those can be very malevolent, and I do believe they are real. I'm familiar with a lot of those cases, and many of them have police witnesses to back it up. Forgive me if I misunderstood you, I was specifically referring to the possibility of highly intelligent alien life attributed with the UFO phenomena. I consider it separate from the ghost/haunting phenomena.

Well, the thing is Jon D there is growing evidence that the UFO/alien and the paranormal are related. You see, you can get similar phenomena occurring within both these fields. For example, things like teleportation and levitation effects. Steve Mera even mentioned in a lecture how you get diathermic reactions in the apportation phenomenon and the same heating effect can be seen in crop circles! So yes, there are many similarities between the UFO/alien phenomenon and the paranormal phenomenon. That's why I believe now that the two are inextricably linked.

I used to be like you Jon D and thought that they were separate phenomena but after I did extensive research I just had to change my views.

Also, let's not forget some UFO cases are quite malevolent too. For example, The Kelly-Hopkinsville encounter in 1955. That family were nearly scared to death! Their whole farmhouse was surrounded by dodgy beings. Oh, and the Robert Taylor incident which happened in Scotland in 1979. Poor Robert was actually attacked by the strange craft, and a police criminal investigation was even launched -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_incident

So I re-iterate... are these beings really super/hyper intelligent? I really don't think so. I think they are demonic, malevolent shape-shifting entities that only exist to frighten, confuse and cause division. In fact, they could even be the nefarious Nephilim that the Bible talks about. Maybe the Nephilim have taken on a more futuristic form for the modern times we are living in? This is only speculation though.

jim
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:04:21 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:

But Jim, what were them things that you witnessed?

Sorry, never got back to you on this, EKUMA. I was part of this group of 100: https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/unexplained/ufo-sightings-witnessed-at-contact-in-the-desert/