The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

An Adjustment in Time Options
NKHart
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:08:18 PM
Groups: Member

The husband of a friend plays in a musical band. They were rehearsing and my friend was video taping. They experienced a two-second loss of time. They actually skipped ahead musically by two seconds. They all became aware of what happened and gradually stopped playing and said, "What the hell just happened?' Now this two seconds of skipped time also appears on the video tape. It looks like the video tape had two seconds spliced out of it. It felt like a time adjustment.
jim
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008 1:26:41 PM

Fascinating! Any chance of posting that video clip? On the tape, was there a discontinuous jump in both the music and the position of the musicians, or was their movement smooth but it was just the music that skipped?
stendec
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008 3:26:03 PM

It's amazing that it was captured on video camera; I've never heard of such a "gap" phenomenon before.

The experience was clearly an "objective" one, (as opposed to hallucination or individual perception) in that all the players knew that something had happened, and it was also captured on camera.

If there are accounts of similar experiences on the internet, it would be great to know about, this type of thing might be more common that it seems ??

stendec
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:26:58 PM

This thread made me think of another question: Would time-travel be possible in a programmed reality?

Well, I suppose that would depend on the nature of the program. If the programmed reality "branches off" (as in the Many-worlds theory of quantum mechanics) and a "pocket" or doorway opens for the person who travels in time, then they would be travelling back to a specific point in the program.

If all the information about everything that happened, ever, was stored by the computer which regulates programmed reality, then the time-traveller would arrive back at a certain point in that time-line. This wouldn't necessarily to compromise the "grandfather paradox" in QM, because if one killed their grandfather in this alternative world their grandfather would still be alive in the "present".

jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2008 2:56:00 PM

"A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something."

Memorable quotes for The Matrix (1999)
Spitz
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:40:12 AM

I saw a similar "time correction" :I was driving west on hwy 20 near Anacortes, WA and as I approached a traffic light it turned red and I stopped. A brown car had been waiting on the right for the light to turn green. It began to move through the intersection in front of me and make a left hand turn. The brown car had almost completed the turn and was almost along side me heading in my opposite direction when instantly the car was back in it's original position waiting on the light, then began to move and make the turn again. This time the car completed the turn and traveled down the road as I watched it in my rear view mirror and then the light turned green for me, and all was normal again.
Also maybe in the same category may be this - My wife and I both heard on world news that Nelson Mandela died in prison in South Africa. I believe this was in the early eighties. He had been on a hunger strike in prison but it was thought he had been beaten to death. A couple of months later we were in Sidney Australia and Mr. Mandela was staying in the same hotel as us. We were surprised and wondered how this could be but let it go and didn't investigate, only to find out later that others thought the same.
jim
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:37:15 PM

A quick Google search shows that you aren't the only one who had the Nelson Mandela experience. Programmed reality explains it easily, as jdlaw points out. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
jdlaw
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:02:44 AM

How did my "memorable" quote from the movie Matrix explain it? Or were you talking about another one of my posts. I don't think I really have an explanation yet for time correction, I just think that they do happen. One thing for sure; I think we have all imagined what it would be like to be able to control it.