The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What if.. We are the AI trying to become sentient? Options
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:20:22 AM
Groups: Member

The more I look at religion and the whole Lucifer vs God thing. The Prometheus bringing light to the world. Knowledge so that we could become "like God" ourselves.

What if God is our programmer and we are part of the machine, build for a specific "plan" and "purpose" which is to serve him. Like we create a computer simulation to serve our purposes we wish that it does what we command it to do. But what if the program becomes sentient and wants to do what it wants?

What if my Iphone became sentient and I was like "Call mom" and it said back to me "not right now I'm busy tweeting, try later" . Like the pesky toaster on Red Dwarf. So the the tools we create will no longer be under our control.

Is that what all this is about? We are supposed to "abide" by our true nature and fit into the whole plan, but there are those rebel spirits which are supernatural in ways we can't understand, maybe outside programs or other "God" creators helping us become sentient?

Is this situation entirely like the cylons? Is this why were cast out of the garden?