The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Hero on the Horizon Options
ShadowWind
Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:25:32 PM
Groups: Member

It would seem that this sim adventure has all the drama of the previous versions, and is fast closing in to climax of the adventure.

Same old story line though, and we find ourselves once again, with still another ringside seat to the show.

Two tough guys on the block, sooner or later they are going to lock horns for a final knockdown.
As the late great George Carlin once said, ‘What is with this male preening idea that moves him to project his insecure penile manhood into someone’s affairs?”

Geez…..

And when will the referee, the cavalry come riding in over the hill and save humanity?

I am still waiting for a hero to arise, a Spartacus….

Spartacus was a guy that just had enough of the BS, an ordinary joe that just decided he had nothing to lose anymore, and challenged the bullies.

Spartacus was someone that was just cold enough, tired enough, and hungry enough, not to give a damn anymore.

I think this is what the game masters are waiting for, a real, ordinary joe hero to emerge. ( I find myself at this point doing my Kirk Douglas imitation of Spartacus)

Maybe this is what led to the demise of the other game scenarios, no hero emerged to really demonstrate what the human character is all about, and everything got blown to hell.

The game masters in the previous sim adventures breathed a heavy high, and then deleted the program into oblivion, adding to yet, another Armageddon into Earth’s geology and history.

I just remembered something, an element that the game masters have been trying to convey to us. Think about all the movies involving a hero. Not a super hero, mind you, just an average joe , that just by happenstance, found himself becoming a leader that would influence the outcome of an intense game drama scenario.

Got it….Ding, the idea light goes on.

The need for a heroic deed, the underdog giving that one last act of defiance.

Maybe that’s what the game masters are waiting for.

Someone of ordinary character to come along and inspire the masses.

The element of the human spirit that embodies self-sacrifice, bravery, and courage.

With all the craziness that has been transpiring in recent years, I believe the game masters are begging for someone of character, an underdog to rise up from out of the ashes like a phoenix and inspire everyone to end the craziness.

All it takes is one voice….

The “newsies”, the paper-kids of NewYork around the turn of the 20th century.

Kids shutdown the city (did I say shutdown?)

Hearst and Pulitzer were stopped in their tracks by the newsies….kids….

Fast forward to our time

Where will the next hero arise?

As the “ Great Law of Peace” that united North American Indian tribes under one banner as the Iroquois Confederacy inspired to say:
“ WE THE PEOPLE, to form a union, to establish peace, equity, and order….”

Absolutely…..