The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

new website look and feel Options
jim
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 10:14:22 PM

Groups: Member

Hello everybody,

In case anyone was wondering why I have been somewhat absent from the forum lately, tonight's launch of a new look and feel for the Universe-Solved! website is the answer. In addition to other things, I have been pretty busy redesigning the site over the past couple months. The reasons for the new site are many:

- Old site was circa 2008 and getting pretty creaky. In addition, it was dark, as if the theme was something mysterious. And light font on dark background is simply hard on the eyes. I wanted a much more professional look, which is lighter, more readable, and more respectable.

- I will be revamping the content significantly over the coming months. Instead of a hodgepodge of ideas, topics, and interactivity, I want to make it is portal for digital philosophy, where people can learn about the concepts and the thought leaders in this very exciting field that intersects science and philosophy. The forum and blog will stay, of course, as will much of the existing content. However, there will be new material and references that will focus on digital philosophy, digital physics, and consciousness-driven reality.

There are still plenty of old-style pages on the site, so for now, the experience may feel a little disjointed. But I decided to launch once I got some key pages converted to the new style. I did this myself and I am not the best of programmers, so please bear with the pace of change. :d/

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on problems that anyone has with the site, feedback on the new look and content, and am very open to input on ideas. As always, I am looking for more ways to allow everyone to interact and submit their own content.

Cheers,
Jim
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 4:21:17 PM

Hey Jim, I wondered where you were. It's been quiet lately on the forum without you. Even the old pesky spammers have been silent too (have you managed to block them once and for all)?

I can't wait to see how The Universe Solved website evolves over the next few months. I genuinely believe it has the potential to become something very special indeed. And I hope researchers like Nick Bostrom, Rich Terrile, George Smoot and Seth Lloyd become involved too. It would be cool if you all got together and collaborated.

BTW, I think there may be a mistake on your contact page:-

It reads: Feel free to contact the author at - jime@theuniversesolved.com (is the 'e' after Jim supposed to be there? I don't remember it been that way in the past)

Shouldn't it be jim@theuniversesolved.com -

http://www.theuniversesolved.com/contact.htm

ebb101
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:53:13 AM

Jim--I'd say the Observer Effect is one of the strongest pieces of evidence for a consciousness-based simulation, in my opinion.
jim
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:35:45 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:
BTW, I think there may be a mistake on your contact page:-

It reads: Feel free to contact the author at - jime@theuniversesolved.com (is the 'e' after Jim supposed to be there? I don't remember it been that way in the past)

Shouldn't it be jim@theuniversesolved.com -

http://www.theuniversesolved.com/contact.htm

fixed it, EKUMA1981. thanks for the free QA. :)
Techne
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:37:24 PM

lol, i write, then i delete

I love you jim, your a mentor in my world.

that said. You have to keep your site simple and open to newbees.

one reason your awesome, is you don't repeat things. You always have new info and it's always cutting edge. Alot of the videos you see are the same old shit. example: the 3 rules of vr and why we are in it....

But on the same note. Newbees to your site need that generic stuff. They are hungry for the generic opener sequence, if that makes sense. Get rid of the 4 random faces on the home page. If i person shows up on your site, it's because they are interested in you.

Your super interesting on your own, your book rocks and your ideas aren't generic. But baby steps to how they open into the site.

ugh :D

love techne
Techne
Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:46:42 PM

simply put. I come hear cause YOU are interesting. Change that homepage so those random faces are gone. Make it simple for newbs that come to find out more about what you have to say, cause that's why they open the door here.

I stayed cause i like the other people that post here, even if i am sort of a lurker.

edit:

I just think the homepage should be clear and right to the point to what your doing here and as it is it feels your pointing around to things elsewhere. The original i think was more generic, but in that way was a good opening page. Those of us that linger around started with that. And find within the site the deeper stuff.

Guillermo
Posted: Friday, July 4, 2014 12:36:47 AM

The site looks much better, thanks Jim.

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
jim
Posted: Friday, July 4, 2014 11:34:49 AM

Awesome feedback, Techne. And the compliment is much appreciated. I am going to take it seriously and think about how I can best make the entry to this site more related to me, yet still have the site provide both intros and deep dives into the philosophy. Thank you so much.