The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dolly, Jaws, and Braces – The Latest Mandela Effect (cont.) Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 6:38:51 PM

Groups: Member

I just had to make a thread on this too as it's the most intriguing phenomenon I think I've ever encountered.

So let's do a poll-type thing and see how many of you guys remember Dolly wearing braces in the film Moonraker.

Me personally - I have a vague memory of her wearing braces.
ebb101
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:45:18 PM

Same -- vague memory of braces.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:29:23 PM

So me and ebb101 are a bit hazy with our memories.

Is there anybody on here that is 99.99999% certain that Dolly wore braces? Who would stake their life savings, and house, and wife and kids on it ;)
jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2016 9:00:47 AM

So I guess I am the dead cat in this quantum collapse. I had no idea what you were talking about. I saw the name of the movie "moonraker" and vaguely remembered the title, but could not even remember what the movie was about. I figured it was a space sci-fi thing. So then I cheated http://mandelaeffectsupport.blogspot.com/2016/07/dolly-in-moonraker.html

I think I must have seen this movie. Since I am the cat in the box, it is my observation that counts in here. It's all my fault she does not have braces any more. But, unless you read this, the braces will continue to remain in quantum superposition.
mortimer
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:11:03 AM

Here's a personal Mandela Effect that has me utterly perplexed:

At my work I get one day off per week as well as Sunday. My day off rotates sequentially, so that if I'm off one week on the Monday, the following week I am off on the Tuesday, and the week after that it will be the Wednesday, and so on and so forth. This is nice because once every 6 weeks I get a long weekend since if I am off one week on the Saturday, the following week's day off will fall on the Monday, giving me Sat, Sun and Mon off.

All fine so far...

Anyway, on August 15th I broke off on holiday for three weeks. I specifically remember my day off the previous week being a Friday (August 12th) because I remember it being such a pain in the arse that I had to go in to work for one day on the Saturday before breaking off on a three week holiday. It's clear in my head 100%. This means that the days off during my holiday are as follows:

Week 1: Saturday
Week 2: Monday
Week 3: Tuesday

I remember calculating this out before going on holiday so that I'd know which day I'd be off when I returned to work.

Fully expecting to find myself off this week on the Wednesday, I'm a bit perplexed as to why today (Tuesday) is my day off. I checked the rotation at work and it specifically says Tuesday. I also work with this other guy who has the same day off as me, and he says I must remember it wrong, but I don't. I know for a damn fact that I was off on the Friday and not the Thursday before breaking off. This makes no sense. Someone has changed reality or I am losing my mind.

media underground
mortimer
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:12:17 AM

Oh, and I remember Dolly wearing the braces. From what I recall, that was the whole point of the scene. Jaws smiles his big metallic smile at the girl, and the girl smiles back exposing her metallic braces. Instantly a bond is formed and it's love at first sight. The scene makes no sense without the braces. I have asked several people how they remember it and all of them are convinced she had braces. What a bizarre world.

media underground
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:23:12 PM

That was an absolutely fascinating anecdote from you there, Mortimer! Very hard to rationalize what happened to you there. And I noticed that you composed that post at 11:11:03. Yet another example of the 11:11 Phenomenon.

And when I accessed the forum this morning, I accessed it at 9:11:11. I've been seeing 9:11 a lot lately and with it being close to the anniversary of 9/11, it might mean another big event is on the cards. Time will tell...

And, yes, I 100% agree with you that the scene makes no sense without Dolly's braces. The scene loses it's magic and romance without her braces.

And, things are getting much stranger these days. Personally for me it's got a lot weirder and I keep seeing 111's, 666's, etc, virtually everyday now!!!

mortimer
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:00:10 AM

It was only 11:11:03 by the forum clock, mind. Here in the UK it was actually posted at 06:11:03 BST or 05:11:03 GMT. No longer seems quite as relevant, right?

I wouldn't look too much into seeing specific groups of numbers everywhere. Humans are just really good at looking for patterns. It's what we do best - we have evolved to be a pattern recognising species (for reasons of survival) - and you have probably tuned yourself to looking for specific numbers whilst ignoring all the others.

For more, check the new Foreword to my work The Key of it All which I wrote for it's inclusion in my latest book Magick Without Fear: The Gerald Suster Letters: http://www.media-underground.net/ebooks/The_Key_Of_It_All.pdf

It's easy to get carried away with thinking you might be on to something of value, when really all that might be happening is you are being unconsciously selective about what you see.

As for the Mandela Effect. I think for the most part it is probably just false memories, although there are some that really perplex me. "Mirror mirror on the wall" for example. No-one seems to remember it as "Magic mirror on the wall" yet that is what it is supposed to be. Kind of makes me wonder why, then, there is a movie called Mirror Mirror.

Dolly's braces are another one. I could swear the braces were the whole point of why Jaws fell in love with her.

I don't recall Nelson Mandela dying in the late 80s/90s, C3P0 not having a silver leg (I recall his silver leg quite vividly), 'Looney Tunes' being called 'Looney Toons' (it was always 'Tunes' to me since I thought it had something to do with the weird music at the start of the cartoons) and a whole host of others that people cite and are convinced must be modifications to the time line.

That said, another curiosity about my scheduled day off work seemingly switching is that I also remember, a few weeks before going on holiday, calculating to see if my long weekend fell near Sunday November 20th, since I had just bought a ticket to go see Gangstagrass play in Edinburgh on that day and was hoping to have the Monday off after it. Of course, my calculations back then revealed to my dissatisfaction that my long weekend fell a week late, however, now to my joy this personal Mandela Effect has bestowed upon me a work free Monday on the 21st. Yippee! However this thing works, I'm grateful. Perhaps we are the unconscious editors of our own reality tunnels.

media underground