The Universe Solved

 


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Precognition - what would it mean? Options
Jon D
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2021 3:14:15 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/21/2013
Posts: 87
Points: 261
Location: USA
Jdlaw dreams that I will post this exact topic, tomorrow he wakes up to see it. To accurately predict/view the future, in even the smallest degree, what would the implications be on the overall picture of reality?

To get a glimpse of something before it occurs, would it not suggest that it has in fact already occurred? In that regard, could this reality just be a playback that we are consciously observing, rather than freely interacting in "real time"?
jim
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 2:59:38 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2008
Posts: 939
Points: 2,823
Hey Jon,

Great topic. One quick reference that might be of interest is my blog on quantum retrocausality: https://blog.theuniversesolved.com/2018/09/19/quantum-retrocausality-explained/

I think some of the solution options there might apply, for example:

1. Evidence rewritten after the fact - jdlaw didn't really have the dream and the next day sees the topic. But, after the post is done, ATTI put a memory of a dream from the previous night into jdlaws consciousness. so, after he sees the topic, he recalls the dream, but the dream experience wasn't really there before the post - he just thinks it was. This is a similar explanation to deja vu and to the Mandela effect

2. The System selects the operations to match the results - ATTI knows what you are going to post and just to mess with jdlaw, injects a dream to match it prior to the event. This is a little different than #1 because it requires some "look ahead" on ATTI's and/or jdlaw's consciousness's part. This look ahead could easily occur if none of us has free will and the entire future is predestined, aka superdeterminism. I don't believe that idea however - plus, it is kind of futile to even exist and have experiences if that is true. The other option is that there is enough intertia on the eventuality of the result (you doing the post), perhaps because it is rumbling around in your head or something, that, at jdlaw's dream time the prior night, it isn't hard for ATTI and his consciousness to predict it

3. We live in an Observer-created reality and the entire sequence of events is either planned out or influenced by intent, and then just played out - jdlaw's and your consciousnesses decide to create the entire anomaly, but you aren't necessarily aware of it in RLL. This is pretty much what you were suggesting.

There's another explanation for precognition, which is that in the programmatic reality, our consciousness runs future simulation scenarios and makes a decision on the present based on the results of those scenarios (which are all "look aheads").

The whole idea of linear time is a RLL construct (our apparent physical reality), and, from all experiential reports (e.g. NDErs who say that time doesn't exist in the afterlife) is not a part of the deeper reality. The deeper reality may be a big sandbox of simulations all running simultaneously. My brain hurts right now so I'll leave it there.

Looking forward to hearing other thoughts
jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:35:54 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2008
Posts: 939
Points: 2,823
One other thought on the intertia idea above. If true, it would be MUCH easier to predict something that is about to occur very soon rather than further into the future. Kind of like a bell curve. The more time there is between prediction and event, the more bifurcations of potential reality time lines there are, exponentially so. Maybe this is why there was a bump in the correlation of the Global Consciousness Project eggs 20 minutes or so before the 9/11 attacks. There was already a large amount of inertia - plans were in place, etc.

In fact, it would be interesting for someone to do some meta-analysis on the accuracy of precognitive experiments varying the time between prediction and event. If that accuracy vs time difference curve were geometric, exponential, linear, or some other shape, it might give some clues about how reality works.
Jon D
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:42:31 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/21/2013
Posts: 87
Points: 261
Location: USA
jim wrote:
Hey Jon,

Great topic. One quick reference that might be of interest is my blog on quantum retrocausality: https://blog.theuniversesolved.com/2018/09/19/quantum-retrocausality-explained/

I think some of the solution options there might apply, for example:

1. Evidence rewritten after the fact - jdlaw had a dream and the next day sees the topic. But, after the post is done, ATTI puts a memory of a dream from the previous night into jdlaws consciousness. so, after he sees the topic, he recalls the dream, but the dream experience wasn't really there before the post - he just thinks it was. This is a similar explanation to deja vu and to the Mandela effect

2. The System selects the operations to match the results - ATTI knows what you are going to post and just to mess with jdlaw, injects a dream to match it prior to the event. This is a little different than #1 because it requires some "look ahead" on ATTI's and/or jdlaw's consciousness's part. This look ahead could easily occur if none of us has free will and the entire future is predestined, aka superdeterminism. I don't believe that idea however - plus, it is kind of futile to even exist and have experiences if that is true. The other option is that there is enough intertia on the eventuality of the result (you doing the post), perhaps because it is rumbling around in your head or something, that, at jdlaw's dream time the prior night, it isn't hard for ATTI and his consciousness to predict it

3. We live in an Observer-created reality and the entire sequence of events is either planned out or influenced by intent, and then just played out - jdlaw's and your consciousnesses decide to create the entire anomaly, but you aren't necessarily aware of it in RLL

There's another explanation for precognition, which is that in the programmatic reality, our consciousness runs future simulation scenarios and makes a decision on the present based on the results of those scenarios (which are all "look aheads").

The whole idea of linear time is a RLL construct (our apparent physical reality), and, from all experiential reports (e.g. NDErs who say that time doesn't exist in the afterlife) is not a part of the deeper reality. The deeper reality may be a big sandbox of simulations all running simultaneously. My brain hurts right now so I'll leave it there.

Looking forward to hearing other thoughts



I do remember that article, nice refresher. So regarding #2, the idea that the entire future is predestined, what if that's just part of the equation? For instance, I am here just observing this life on playback, a life that has already occurred/been determined, but this life at one point DID occur, hence it was at one time not determined. Would all things determined not at one time have been undetermined, at some level?

I don't quite know where I'm going with this, but I'm attempting a correlation with "close calls" we've all experienced, for example you are skiing and you have a "gut feeling" something is wrong, you leave. An avalanche occurs shortly after. You feel lucky to have been spared, but were you really spared? Here and now, perhaps. In an undetermined version of that event? You died, and some part of you consciously remembers that. Must determinism be concrete with an original predetermined outcome? Would the ATTI not benefit from a different outcome from what was once already determined? This may be more like soft determinism mixed with quantum immortality. The wheel keeps spinning, the experiences keep expanding, the outcomes can change.


jim wrote:
One other thought on the intertia idea above. If true, it would be MUCH easier to predict something that is about to occur very soon rather than further into the future. Kind of like a bell curve. The more time there is between prediction and event, the more bifurcations of potential reality time lines there are, exponentially so. Maybe this is why there was a bump in the correlation of the Global Consciousness Project eggs 20 minutes or so before the 9/11 attacks. There was already a large amount of inertia - plans were in place, etc.

In fact, it would be interesting for someone to do some meta-analysis on the accuracy of precognitive experiments varying the time between prediction and event. If that accuracy vs time difference curve were geometric, exponential, linear, or some other shape, it might give some clues about how reality works.


I 100% agree that precognition seems to be much more clear with events very close by, hours, minutes, or even seconds. Perhaps it has limitations. Every instance I can recall where I suspect precognition falls into that short-sighted category.

That's interesting about 9/11 and the data. I feel like the internet could provide a lot of data regarding such things, collective precognitive.
jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 5:18:17 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/19/2008
Posts: 939
Points: 2,823
Jon D wrote:
For instance, I am here just observing this life on playback, a life that has already occurred/been determined, but this life at one point DID occur, hence it was at one time not determined. Would all things determined not at one time have been undetermined, at some level?


Hmmm, interesting. I want to go back to the purpose of it all. Of course, who knows for sure, but the shamans and mystics and astral travelers over the years all converge on the idea of learning and evolving your consciousness. If so, what would be the point of watching the rerun? Maybe to get a refresher?

Jon D wrote:
I don't quite know where I'm going with this, but I'm attempting a correlation with "close calls" we've all experienced, for example you are skiing and you have a "gut feeling" something is wrong, you leave. An avalanche occurs shortly after. You feel lucky to have been spared, but were you really spared? Here and now, perhaps. In an undetermined version of that event? You died, and some part of you consciously remembers that. Must determinism be concrete with an original predetermined outcome? Would the ATTI not benefit from a different outcome from what was once already determined? This may be more like soft determinism mixed with quantum immortality. The wheel keeps spinning, the experiences keep expanding, the outcomes can change.


I think Anthony Peake writes about this idea - sort of like purifying your life, getting it right. I do suppose there is "evolution of consciousness" value in that, right? Still, it doesn't quite fit with that message from the mystics - that we select an entirely new journey each time for a whole new set of learnings. But it does fit with eastern philosophies around cycles.

Jon D wrote:
I 100% agree that precognition seems to be much more clear with events very close by, hours, minutes, or even seconds. Perhaps it has limitations. Every instance I can recall where I suspect precognition falls into that short-sighted category.

That's interesting about 9/11 and the data. I feel like the internet could provide a lot of data regarding such things, collective precognitive.


Oooh, cool idea. Like a bot, just traversing the web finding blogs that predicted things that actually happened and doing the statistical analysis to see if it was statistically significant. You should get a patent on that!
Jon D
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 4:31:24 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/21/2013
Posts: 87
Points: 261
Location: USA
jim wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. I want to go back to the purpose of it all. Of course, who knows for sure, but the shamans and mystics and astral travelers over the years all converge on the idea of learning and evolving your consciousness. If so, what would be the point of watching the rerun? Maybe to get a refresher?


Considering time as we experience it is illusionary, the rerun process may be like a vague dream that flies by in the blink of an eye, not detrimental to the experience or evolution of consciousness. Rather than the feeling of being stuck in a perpetual loop of the same existence, you maintain the feeling of freedom, and change can actually occur at certain points, especially previous points where you may have been victim of disaster. Certain points that were predetermined can be changed through anomalies such as precognition, having "gut feelings" of danger without explanation.

In fact, almost everyone I have asked has had at least one instance where some strange feeling, or even a "voice of god" came in their head when facing imminent danger such as a close-call car crash. I do believe precognition is real, and have a hard time swallowing it as something minor. The clues may be something quite big. Deja vu, Mandela Effect, etc...

Unsolved Mysteries segment regarding a near death incident in which precognition "saved" them - https://youtu.be/1Vswos1g13o?t=105


jim wrote:
I think Anthony Peake writes about this idea - sort of like purifying your life, getting it right. I do suppose there is "evolution of consciousness" value in that, right? Still, it doesn't quite fit with that message from the mystics - that we select an entirely new journey each time for a whole new set of learnings. But it does fit with eastern philosophies around cycles.


I agree, the idea has a lot of flaws at first take, but as we can imagine how "time"(for lack of a better word) functions on a higher plane, perhaps we do still partake in multiple other journeys, even after(or while) experiencing many variables of this life. We're just one avatar.


jim wrote:

Oooh, cool idea. Like a bot, just traversing the web finding blogs that predicted things that actually happened and doing the statistical analysis to see if it was statistically significant. You should get a patent on that!


If only I were more advanced with coding lol. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin with creating such a bot.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Universe Solved Theme Created by Jim Elvidge (Universe Solved)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.2 (NET v2.0) - 9/27/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.116 seconds.