The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Weird phone calls Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2022 10:07:18 PM

Groups: Member

Hi guys, another freaky anecdote from me ;)

This time it's nuisance telephone calls. It's them annoying fake Asian call centres. Basically, we occasionally get these pesky phone calls and it's the same old rubbish. The person on the line claims that our computer is hacked and they need to deal with it immediately. Sometimes they claim our router is sending out weak signals. Whatever they say it's all lies. It's a scam, no doubt. If anybody on here ever gets calls like this just ignore what they say and put the handset down. I've researched these types of calls and they are deffo 100% fraudulent.

However, this is not the end of the story as me and my Dad both noticed a pattern with these types of calls. They appear to flare up when I get up super early on a morning (between the hours of 4-7am). Well, why should this be the case?! How do they know when I get up early? Are they spying on me? The thing is we have no internal CCTV so we can not be hacked or anything, so what's the explanation? Is it just a freaky coincidence. To be honest, it is a bit unnerving.

One morning my Dad was out shopping and I was in the house by myself and the landline phone rang at 7:45am. Yes, it was another one of them Asian call centres! It was as if he knew I was in on my own and he deliberately wanted to scare me. Well, I don't scare easily, LOLZ.

So yeah, we have both noticed a trend where these calls occur more frequently when I get up much earlier!

It's like I'm being targeted here. In fact, I did start to feel a bit like one of them T.I.'s (Targeted Individuals). I always assumed using the Occam's razor principle that alleged T.I.'s were probably deluded or paranoid, or suffering from fantasy prone personality, or psychosis, etc. But when this particular phenomenon began happening to me I started to take the whole idea more seriously. It deffo felt like these fake callers were deliberately trying to cause me distress and psychological harm, or just get my bank details, LOLZ.

Anyway, when we got our new landline telephone I anticipated these fake calls starting up again, and indeed they did. In fact, two days after we had installed our new phone I got a female Asian caller on the line (usually it's a male Asian caller) and she was crazy. She kept going on and on and said my laptop had been hacked and if I didn't stay on the line I would lose my internet connection. I replied to her, and said, "I know it's all a scam as I've had numerous calls like this before in the past." But she just continued blabbering on about the dangers and then she said she would report me to the police if I terminated the call. I eventually just said, "Bye scammer", and put the handset down. Yeah, this lady was incredibly persistent and I've never had one as bad as her before.

Do you guys get calls like this? Let me know if you do...
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2022 1:03:28 AM

Yep, I do too, Ekuma.

You need CallSafe to stop the nuisance calls. It’s completely free here in the UK and you can use it to screen and block unwanted calls. Every time you get a call, CallSafe checks to make sure it’s someone you want to hear from. The caller is either 1. Approved and put straight through to you. 2. Blocked so that your phone doesn’t ring 3. Screened to confirm who they are.

There is also, Call Barring, and Check and Report.

You don’t need to put up with this type of harassment, Ekuma, so best to take up one, if not all, of the above measures.

EKUMA1981
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2022 5:18:00 AM

Thanks, Bot. I'll check them all out soon.

Also, I was wondering if it was them scammers who knackered our landline phone? Maybe they tried to hack it or something and that's what caused it to go berserk?