The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A Glitch in the Matrix Options
jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 10:14:33 PM

Groups: Member

Hey folks,
We watched the simulation theory documentary "A Glitch in the Matrix" tonight. I think it might be worth the 2 hours, despite covering most of the topics that this Forum has entertained since 2008. It is kind of anchored by Philip K Dick's prophetic speech in France from 1977, which I found interesting. Heavy on the avatar-wielding VR gamers, includes some interviews of Nick Bostrom, sound bites from Elon, and lots of Matrix footage. Streams on Hulu. Grab your popcorn.
Jon D
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2022 12:59:50 AM

I will check it out. I think it may have been here that I was first made aware of the Philip K Dick speech, this particular bit here really hit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u0s5xZcKU

I find it relieving in a sense, that someone 45 years ago was speaking on this. The clues cannot be ignored(but they are), the clues are very real. I have felt deja-vu, the sensation is unmistakable. And now with the Mandela Effect.. I bet Philip K Dick would have loved to see some of those clues.

On the other hand it's frustrating that I'm not going very far with the clues. Do I believe this is some sort of programmed reality with a purpose? Absolutely yes. I also believe we've most likely been here before, and can loop back around this lifetime if we so please. Yet, still I fear things like death. So apparently my belief isn't strong enough yet. I guess I need stronger clues lol
brother
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2022 2:07:21 AM

One of the points mentioned in this film is the side effects of knowing that life is a simulation.
And some people may deny the simulation evidence to avoid these side effects
EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2022 12:46:19 PM

Quote:
On the other hand it's frustrating that I'm not going very far with the clues. Do I believe this is some sort of programmed reality with a purpose? Absolutely yes. I also believe we've most likely been here before, and can loop back around this lifetime if we so please. Yet, still I fear things like death. So apparently my belief isn't strong enough yet. I guess I need stronger clues lol

YES! I can seriously empathize with you, Jon D. I'm a bit the same. I mean, there is a fairly strong possibility of the Omega Point happening sometime in the future. We can see future trends and do extrapolation and make fairly strong predictions, and indeed we appear to be heading in that direction. However, I still feel like you. Not as much as I used to but there is still a small void in me and I don't really know how to fill it. I suppose we need more signs and wonders and more tangible evidence. Also, concepts like the Omega Point do sound too good to be true, don't they? I suppose we just have to keep going with our research and hope for the best.
Jon D
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 9:36:32 PM

EKUMA1981 wrote:

YES! I can seriously empathize with you, Jon D. I'm a bit the same. I mean, there is a fairly strong possibility of the Omega Point happening sometime in the future. We can see future trends and do extrapolation and make fairly strong predictions, and indeed we appear to be heading in that direction. However, I still feel like you. Not as much as I used to but there is still a small void in me and I don't really know how to fill it. I suppose we need more signs and wonders and more tangible evidence. Also, concepts like the Omega Point do sound too good to be true, don't they? I suppose we just have to keep going with our research and hope for the best.

I'm not really a believer in the Omega Point concept, it suggests everything in the universe spirals toward a final point of unification.. I believe it's the other way around. It seems more likely to me that we come from that final point, which is everything, unified, one. Our realities are the branching off of that, for whatever purpose, perhaps to just explore as many experiences as possible. Meanwhile, that point of everything is still there, and always was. I also believe we can access that, given the right concentration.

I'm not sure we need more signs. I think we need more effort. I know I do. I was giving quite a bit of effort a couple of years ago, but since then, not so much. It just takes.. pure concentration, no distractions, intent, and repetition.