New Model of the Universe Says Past Crystallizes out of the Future Options
Neo
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 3:57:24 PM
Groups: Member

jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:21:41 AM

Some topic thread musings:

For time's arrow in some situations, can the cause be easier to explain than the result? And if so, what direction does the arrow really point?

For example, two days ago, I posted a reply to Neo's Could the past crystallize the future?

Since it is no longer there, only I can remember approximately what the contents of my post was. It was something like,

Quote:
Wow! … I don’t get it.
I have read the whole article … but still do not have a clue as to what it all means … does that mean time’s arrow is not any less random pointing to the past?

Or something to that effect.

So, here’s a short listing of some of the results:

Suddenly the title line of the thread in Neo’s post is gone. It is listed in the open topic section. I’m not sure if it was there before, but I think that is where it started. It used to have a title, something like, “Can the past crystallize the future? Now, all I see under the title of this thread is – “ // “

Points were added to my user account taking me from 489 points to 495.

And this thread has some how drifted in two days to the bottom of the recent posts list.

The cause of all this seems fairly predictable. i.e. jdlaw inadvertently clicked on something during the post to cause this mishap. Or perhaps, another user like Neo could have been logged in at the same time and did something like try to remove the post at the same time jdlaw was replying.

The results, however, were much more random (outside the possible explanation that this was the diabolical genius of some conspirators or coconspirators, but that would just be crazy)

So, right at the time-space crystallization point, it seems that the past was not any less random than the future.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:22:28 AM

Higher points with fewer posts ... the past crystallizing the future ... over unity violations ... maybe the universe is beginning to contract.
jdlaw
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:52:00 AM

Bump!

528 to 516. Jim is catching up!

Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor Twenty-five or six to four Staring blindly into space Getting up to splash my face Wanting just to stay awake Wond'ring how much I can take Should I try to do some more Twenty-five or six to four Feeling like I ought to sleep Spinning room is sinking deep Searching for something to say Waiting for the break of day Twenty-five or six to four Twenty-five or six to four

We often make these strange or even anecdotal references -- expecting that someone else will even understand our tortured musings.