jim
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:31:22 PM

Groups: Member

Are we watching the beginning of the end of cancer?:

http://gizmodo.com/5501103/this-is-the-future-of-the-fight-against-cancer

stendec
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 11:46:13 AM

Amazing stuff. There are a number of similar interventions which have come along in the past couple of years, and who much promise.

Perhaps within ten years a number of the 'big killers' will have been consigned to oblivion themselves. Just like smallpox, the plague etc were once mass killers, and are now just 'vaccine-able'.
Neo
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 9:42:44 PM

Yeah, that news is pretty cool indeed. Am planning to pass on that link to a girl I know who's studying biotech. She's thinking of getting into oncology when she graduates. Might be a good time to get involved. Or it might be that the fight against cancer is progressing at such an exponential rate that she'd be better off focusing on something like age-reversal - another field which was regarded as radical in the extreme by mainstream society just a few short years ago.

There is no spoon.
RedDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:45:01 AM

I've been working with a reasearcher who has ressurected Gilbert Ling's work on cellular biology, tied it in with
Gerson, Rife and half a dozen others, and believes he's found a cure for cancer. From a lay persons perspective
this kind of annoucement seems common place.

I'm 51 years old and I've been hearing about cancer cures for most of my life. So the question is:
Why don't these cures work??

Two simple responses are common.

1.)The researchers narrow focus does not really translate into a system wide cure.
2.) The `powers that be' are keeping these cures from us simple common folk.

I'd like to believe in #1, and I do, as long as I keep my tin foil hat on.

What I've found in researching so many of these cures, is the complex nature of our human body does not
lend itself to narrow focused targeted solutions. Cancer is a trick cell which slips away to pop back up in another form
someplace else in the body.

My friends approach is to work on the body, not just the cancer. Cancer has a unique aspect to it which
makes killing it with genetic therapies problematic. All these wonderful new delievery systems have found creative
ways to target the unique features of the cancer cells, but none have address the transfection of the genetic componets to normal healthy cells,
once the cancer cell dies. The "side effects" of having a unique piece of genetic killer code inside the body are long term and as yet
completely unknown.

They can target every gene in the human body, and come up with innovative delivery systems like siRNA inside nanobots
or Transferrin carrying cancer melting code, but if they cannot answer the ultimate question of how complex life developed
from 3 billion years of simple single cell life, or why enzymes created in the lab are 50/50 right and left hand, but the body
is all one or the other, then chances are they are not going to find a magic bullet which does not impact the entire system.