The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll page Options
jim
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:55:01 AM

Groups: Member

Hello all,
I was thinking of adding a page to the site with nothing but polls/surveys. I think it is interesting to get people's perspectives on various topics and the polls open it up to people who are not as inclined to join the forum. For starters, I was thinking of adding a few questions about time travel, e.g...

- Would you do it if it meant you might not be able to return?
- If you could travel in time and were guaranteed a trip back, where and when would you go?

Also thought about polls about what kind of life and possibilities of life are out there in the solar system, galaxy, universe.

Maybe a poll to collect peoples favorite quotes from The Matrix? Or a poll to get peoples favorite alternate reality movies?

Any other ideas? Think

Thanks!
stendec
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:32:41 AM

Great idea, Jim!

The time-travel poll sounds good.

I'll kick things off by saying that if there were no guarantee of return, I'm not so sure I'd take the gamble, but if I had to, I'd go forwards!

But if I was maybe very old, or had been diagnosed with a terrible illness, I'd opt to go forward in time, in the hope of there being a cure for the illness (or even a treatment for ageing), and maybe even being able to hop back to my "home-time" and bring the cure back with me too!

jim
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 4:34:25 AM

cool, thanks for your input. i'm not sure i'd go anywhere if i wasn't sure i could get back, but if a return was guaranteed, i think i would probably opt for traveling into the past. to see how the pyramids were REALLY built, hang out on the grassy knoll on that day in 1963, stuff like that. Think
Neo
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:16:25 PM

I'd like to suggest a poll/survey for people's favourite scenes from a science fiction movie. I'll kick this off with the one below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOphFl88U-g

There is no spoon.
jim
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 9:09:32 PM

Well, it's finally up! My apologies for being so slow with this new feature, but there is now a poll page, also featuring some artwork from a new artist. Starting off with a time travel theme, we'll be adding more topics and more polls as time goes on. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions! Applause