The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

We're All In This Together Options
Tracy
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:25:37 AM
Groups: Member

That what Red Green always say.
I've always been interested in current/world events. When I was a kid I remember people saying, "Why do I care about that? It doesn't effect me." Because it was something happenning 'elsewhere.' People would think I was a bit goofy when I tried to explain to them, "It all connected." I don't get that reaction anymore, these days people know it's true, it obvious.
Where I'm from I would say at least 50% of the population works for Honda in one capacity or another. I work for a big parts supplier to Honda. Every day at work I think about how I'm connected to everyone else where I work, and to people all over North America and even the world.
I'm thinking about the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown/disaster in Japan. It will have some obvious and some not so obvious effects at work. I see Japanese at work every day, I've been thinking about them all weekend.
It crazy.
LadyBe
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:00:00 PM

Tracy, I couldn't agree with you more. If there is a higher power, I pray all the time that we need to get rid of nuclear power, chemical and biological weapons, along with a lot of other things left unmentioned at this point. I think what is so worrisome is that humans are capable of mistakes but who outside of the people who build cooling towers and nuclear reactors would have anticipated an earthquake and a tsunami to cause a near meltdown? And look at the aftermath...radiation spewing out to cause cancer and death for multitudes of people for a long time. I am just so afraid that we are going to destroy our own world by screwing up the enviornment and we are just begining to see the effects of the greenhouse/global warming...and yes, we are all in this together and what effects one country effects another and I too have been thinking about the people in Japan and we here have no idea how horrible it is for the people in Japan. We don't even know the death toll at this point and what's going to happen to the people who were evacuated from around the nuclear plant?
Tracy
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 3:23:43 PM

Quote:
I pray all the time that we need to get rid of nuclear power,

I've thought for a long time that we should start a big project (on the scale of say the Apollo missions) to develop a new source of energy.
But today I don't know if Japan has any alternative to Nuclear power. All those people need electricity.
And also, energy==the ability to do work.
Japan exists because of earthquakes and volcanos.
The situation crazy, apparently they're still havibg trouble with three more reactors.
What do those Kabbalists say? 'As the population grows our needs and desires become greater and more complex.'
I hear today one of our engineers is stuck over there, staying with the family of one of our Japanese co-workers who is also there. The engineer was supposed to try and get home but from what I've heard his passport is at the hotel, and he aint allowed to go there.
Quote:
I too have been thinking about the people in Japan

I guess all we can do is think positive thoughts for them.
Tracy
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:10:41 PM

LadyBe, haven't seen you around here in awhile. Where ya been?
LadyBe
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:24:19 PM

God, I don't know actually! I was out of town visiting relatives for the past couple of months but prior to that I have just been so busy with one thing or
another. I have been doing a lot reading as of late. I read a really good book called "The day after Roswell" and it was most interesting! Also a book called
"The Threat" about alien abductions and what the aliens really want . And another great book called "Alien Agenda" and they were all great. Did you all see the article in the paper about the possibility of life on other planets? "Just yesterday it seems, there could be no extraterrestrial life because no planets could
be seen beyond our solar system. Now, NASA's orbiting Keplet telescope has identified 1,235 potential planets, including a system of six orbiting a sunlike
star dubbed Kepler-II. Notes a Yale astronomer: "This is an incredible historic moment..an absolutely staggering result. It shows that planetary systems with
several small planets like our own seem to be common." As is extraterrestrial life? That's an eye opener for sure!
Tracy
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 2:24:49 PM

LadyBe:
I'm initially skeptical of the discovery of these extra-solar planets. Jim and others have discussed them here. They could just be looking at dead rocks.
Initially skeptical, but then I consider my own theory (not that I thought of it myself really), that mind either influences or somehow manipulates, or even creates, the 'virtual hologram.' These things may materialize into reality on account of they have persisted in the imagination. It could change now, and then history could change. Again, Jim brought it up, 'What if the past isn't set in stone?'
Crazy.
Tracy
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 2:29:25 PM

I understand my companies customer is having meetings with everyone tonight.
I'll either be working a lot less, or alot more. I'll find out tommorrow what the effects of events half way around the world will be here.
sambuca
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:00:43 AM

if you search my post some time ago [tectonic plates] you will see that my hypothesis is gaining support to become a theory---this latest earthquake in japan is only more evidence that events like this are getting worse because we are burning off more oil and coal thanks to india and china and the plates are becoming lighter at a faster pace and therefore moving faster as well-----i will predict right now that the atlantic rift along the sea floor will spread apart faster also allowing more molten material to erupt than usual and the resulting rise in the ocean water temperature will change the gulf stream direction and weather conditions around the world for the worse------
Tracy
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:47:36 PM

Sambuca:
Don't say that, I'm believin' it!
Tracy
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 2:27:05 PM

The customer recently got over the situation with Fukushima, so lately it's been back to normal. All work, all the time. Not enough hours in the day (in spite of a crap economy).
Until this past month.
Flooding in Thailand.
All the robots are under water.
Word at work, "This will affect all of us."

Now, as then, I'm grateful that I do not live in the immediately affected area.